Favorite guitar player

Beaker42

Reaction score
so many great players...

everyone named is amazing. some I never heard of to be honest...

Some others I am a fan of:

Allen Collins- Skynyrd
George Lynch- Dokken/Lynch Mob
Jerry Cantrell- Alice in Chain
Joe Walsh- Eagles
Warren DeMartini- Ratt
George Harrison- Beatles
Vito Bratta- White Lion

Tommy Morello
Bucket head
Steven Stevens
Prince
The Edge
SRV
Charlie Sexton
Hendrix
Glen Campbell

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I mentioned this guy once before. Not only is he a spectacular guitarist. He is a showmen.

Most of you have never seen a acoustic guitar played like this. This guy is probably my idol as a guitarist. (and I am a guitar player for more than 20 years total!)

I liken him to Chet Atkins combined with Joe Bonamassa. (did anyone mention Chet?)

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I mentioned this guy once before. Not only is he a spectacular guitarist. He is a showmen.

Most of you have never seen a acoustic guitar played like this. This guy is probably my idol as a guitarist. (and I am a guitar player for more than 20 years total!)

I liken him to Chet Atkins combined with Joe Bonamassa. (did anyone mention Chet?)

He's great, he definitely knows his way around a guitar! :thumbup:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Idgit mentioned Chet, along with Mark Knopfler, because they did an album together. Pretty cool stuff.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Since I am not a musician I couldn't say who is the most technically correct on the Guitar but I have seen many great players in concert and cant help but notice what certain riffs do to the audience . Ted Nuggets Stranglehold comes to mind along with Angus on Thunderstruck but if memory serves me correctly after Altamont Keith couldn't play Sympathy , Gimmie shelter , or Midnight Rambler in concert in the US . I heard it on bootlegs from South America but not in US till more recent tours .

It seemed like a 20yr ban on those songs I'm thinking because of fear of not being able to control the audience . That is some crazy Guitar power if you cant even play your best songs in concert for fear of a riot . This is just my thoughts dose anyone have any facts on this

cowboyec

Reaction score
•Waylon Jennings
•Ed King,Lynyrd Skynyrd
•Ace Frehley,KISS
•Paul Stanley,KISS
•Tommy Thayer,KISS

Last edited:

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Eddie Van Halen
He literally created a new style

Dick Dale
He invented the surfer sound that the Beach Boys copied.
Dick Dale and The Beach Boys are different genres. I love that you know and like Dale, but I don’t see much of a Beach Boys/Dale crossover.

It certainly isn’t Pet Sounds. Brian Wilson is a god in the indie/psychedelic music scene. Animal Collective, Panda Bear owe their sound to Brian Wilson.

Curious, what Beach Boys album was influenced by Dale?

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Roy Clark was a bad, bad man.........

Roy taught me how to play guitar.

511cpoh8zfL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Lot of great names on here. I'll add one I haven't seen listed yet. Some say he's not the greatest technical guitarist like say Joe Satriani, but I've always respected Jack White's virtuoso and musicality. He has an ear for simple riffs.