Favorite TV Shows

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
That picture doesn't really do the bike justice, it looks much better in person.

The only thing that really suprised me was the blue that they chose, it really isn't the WVU color.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
StanleySpadowski said:
That picture doesn't really do the bike justice, it looks much better in person.

The only thing that really suprised me was the blue that they chose, it really isn't the WVU color.

That might be part of the reason I did not care for the paint job.

The blue was two light and that with the yellow...just did not blend well IMO.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
The Practice

NFL Football

Jackass (makes me laugh before I go to bed).

Junkyard wars

C-Span

ESPN NFL coverage

Conan O'brian

Hate the Simpsons.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Banned_n_austin said:
The Practice

NFL Football

Jackass (makes me laugh before I go to bed).

Junkyard wars

C-Span

ESPN NFL coverage

Conan O'brian

Hate the Simpsons.

I have not watched much of Junk Yard wars since they got rid of the english guy...the guy they replaced him with sucked.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
I have not watched much of Junk Yard wars since they got rid of the english guy...the guy they replaced him with sucked.

That English chick is a hottie.

I haven't watched it recently either. I don't watch a lot of T.V.

DLK150

The Quiet Man
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
The wife watches that channel and the Food network...drives me crazy.

Especially the food network (minus Iron Chefs..I kind of like that one)...but man she watches shows with that Ray girl who sings like beavis and butthead laughing, one show with a skinny older blonde who is always drinking, one with some older southern lady that makes some nasty looking stuff (like peanutbutter ham :confused: ) and now this newer young girl that has a HUGE freaking head on a skinny little body...I swear it that huge head is just so freaky looking lol.
I feel your pain, there BP. I heard that Rachel Ray snorting one time and at first I thought my wife was watching Welcome back, Kotter reruns, and that was Horshack on there. That southern lady just gets on my last nerve for some reason. I sat and watched it with her a few times last winter. I think to me she just exudes TOO much southern charm. I told my wife one time that I bet off camera she has a Brooklyn accent, drinks scotch out of the bottle and curses like a sailor.:)

Have to admit I get a kick out of Alton Brown on Good Eats, though. The guy's a nut. They also have that show called Unwrapped, and sometimes those cooking contests I can watch, like one where they had all these people in a steak barbecuing contest, I think it was. Chili contests, things like that.

jamez25

Reaction score
They also have that show called Unwrapped, and sometimes those cooking contests I can watch, like one where they had all these people in a steak barbecuing contest, I think it was.
the steak cooking contest one was fantabulous....

Boom

Just Dez It
Reaction score
jamez25 said:
the steak cooking contest one was fantabulous....

That's the one where some people bring $20K grills? I loved that show. I also like the show about pastry competition between countries. The elaborate chocolate and sugar statues they make are awesome. I always root to see one crash though. :p

Other shows I like:

Iron Chef
MXC
Monster House
NFL Channel
Dream Job
World Poker Tour

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DLK150 said:
I feel your pain, there BP. I heard that Rachel Ray snorting one time and at first I thought my wife was watching Welcome back, Kotter reruns, and that was Horshack on there. That southern lady just gets on my last nerve for some reason. I sat and watched it with her a few times last winter. I think to me she just exudes TOO much southern charm. I told my wife one time that I bet off camera she has a Brooklyn accent, drinks scotch out of the bottle and curses like a sailor.:)

Have to admit I get a kick out of Alton Brown on Good Eats, though. The guy's a nut. They also have that show called Unwrapped, and sometimes those cooking contests I can watch, like one where they had all these people in a steak barbecuing contest, I think it was. Chili contests, things like that.

I do not mind the unwrapped or the other shows that are like documentaries...like when they have the chefs compete in making sculptures out of sugar and other ingredients.

Iron Chef gives me a chuckle now and then because that main guy is so stinking funny...He is like the Japanese Liberace or something.

Boom

Just Dez It
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Iron Chef gives me a chuckle now and then because that main guy is so stinking funny...He is like the Japanese Liberace or something.

LOL. Especially that stupid grin he does after taking a bite out of the apple in the show opening.

What's up with him having subtitles and everyone else being dubbed?

And what the hell is foie gras?

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Boom said:
LOL. Especially that stupid grin he does after taking a bite out of the apple in the show opening.

What's up with him having subtitles and everyone else being dubbed?

And what the hell is foie gras?
He takes a bite out of a bell pepper not apple unless they have changed the opening.

Foie gras is duck fat.

Boom

Just Dez It
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
He takes a bite out of a bell pepper not apple unless they have changed the opening.

No, you're right.

Foie gras is duck fat.

Interesting. They sure use it often. How does it taste?

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Foie gras is duck fat.

Not exactly, but close.

The literal translation from French is "fat liver," foie gras is the term generally used for goose liver

Pâté de foie gras is goose or duck liver, a specialty of Alsace and Perigord is, in fact, the enlarged liver from a goose or duck that has been force-fed and fattened over a period of four to five months.

The specially bred fowl are not permitted to exercise, which, combined with the overeating, creates a huge (up to 3 pounds), fatty liver.

After the bird is killed, the liver is soaked overnight in milk, water or port. It's drained, then marinated in a mixture usually consisting of Armagnac, Port, or Madeira and various seasonings.

The livers are then cooked, usually by baking.

Please direct any further culinary questions to:​
cowboys_chef.jpg
Chef "DallasCowpoke", CEC CCI​

;)

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Foie gras is fatted liver. The better foie gras comes from geese, but duck is also available.

You can't really compare the taste to chicken liver, but it's a place to start.

SoTex

Giddy Up
Reaction score
DallasCowpoke said:
Not exactly, but close.

The literal translation from French is "fat liver," foie gras is the term generally used for goose liver

Pâté de foie gras is goose or duck liver, a specialty of Alsace and Perigord is, in fact, the enlarged liver from a goose or duck that has been force-fed and fattened over a period of four to five months.

The specially bred fowl are not permitted to exercise, which, combined with the overeating, creates a huge (up to 3 pounds), fatty liver.

After the bird is killed, the liver is soaked overnight in milk, water or port. It's drained, then marinated in a mixture usually consisting of Armagnac, Port, or Madeira and various seasonings.

The livers are then cooked, usually by baking.

chef.jpg
=Poke? ;)

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
DallasCowpoke said:

Why is it that the more cruelly you treat an animal, the more delicious it tastes?

God sure does have a funny sense of humor!

BUSDRIV3RDH

Reaction score
Two and a half men
LAX

George Lopez

Lost
That 70's Show
Smallville

Survivor
Joey

Andromeda
Dead Like Me