Favourite Disney Classic Movies

9darter

Reaction score
I remember a couple of older films of their's that I really enjoyed...
umm... give me a sec.

Grave of the Fireflies was a great film.
Castle in the Sky was good.
Princess Mononoke is something I should show my wife... thank you!
Porco Rosso is awesome!

I can't believe I've seen so many of these... I don't generally watch anime.
Akira is a classic... Hellsing has the best OST I have ever heard and Berserk is blow your mind cray.
That's it for me on that subject.

Thank you for those recommendations. And just like you I rarely watch anime or anything of the sort. I really just - for some strange reason - "fell in love" with Castle in the Sky and decided to check up on the other Ghibli stuff. It's a different world from all the US and Euro productions out there. It attracts me somehow :)

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have to watch Swiss Family Robinson every time it is on. It is dated and cheesy but Iove the whole shipwrecked on an island theme.

As far as the animated movies...I am sure most have listed the obvious ones, however as a child I liked the Rescuers.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Try again, he's still breathing. After Dances With Wolves, the man has been unwatchable. Probably before that as well.
He was great in Dances with Wolves, pretty good in his role as Wyatt Earp, and ......well, ImIsure there were other things he did that I like, I just can't remember them.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
****** man... you know you loved Waterworld as much as me.
Which wasn't much, but still!!! A little recognition for the John Carter of bombs before John Carter.
I was cursing my phone for just making up words and inserting them where I wanted real words to go....again.

GMO415

Reaction score
tenor.gif

herbie.gif

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
... Hellsing has the best OST I have ever heard
Have you seen the re-telling of the story in Hellsing Ultimate? It's like 10, two-hour episodes long. The artwork is a touch better and more intensely presented too. I highly recommend it. One thing is certain. The animators LOVE to draw Seras Victoria. ;)

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tell that to Kevin Costner!
Not at all, I just wanted to take a shot at Costner. Lol
Try again, he's still breathing. After Dances With Wolves, the man has been unwatchable. Probably before that as well.
He was great in Dances with Wolves, pretty good in his role as Wyatt Earp, and ......well, ImIsure there were other things he did that I like, I just can't remember them.
Best commentary I ever heard was on an episode of Family Guy. Go to the 3:37 mark of the clip at the following link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch? v=t22aymXBGZg

Be sure to remove the space between the ? and v and paste the entire link in a browser. Normally I would just crop and upload the part of the video I want but those tools are on my laptop. At home. :( You gotta be careful about language when its Family Guy lol.

I thought Costner's Jonathan Kent was not half bad in Man of Steel though.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Have you seen the re-telling of the story in Hellsing Ultimate? It's like 10, two-hour episodes long. The artwork is a touch better and more intensely presented too. I highly recommend it. One thing is certain. The animators LOVE to draw Seras Victoria. ;)
I have not... I may check that out.