Favre vs. Bledsoe

superpunk

Reaction score
Zaxor said:
Look first Vinny has played more games and took more snaps and had the ball in his hand more times than Bledsoe...so regardless of what he was gonna do with it..pass it ..hand it off.. stuff it down his pants...he had less fumbles...

last time if you don't get it please ask someone else to explain it to you

so now according to you Bledsoe has had more chances to fumble because he throws the ball more...sorry friend but that is nuts... first throwing the ball has nothing to do with fumbles second lets say that

Bledsoe has taken a (arbitrary number of snaps) 1000 snaps and he turned it over 500 times...

and

Vinny T has taken a (arbritary number but much larger than Bledsoe's snaps) 100000000000 snaps and turned it over 502 times...who is taken better care of the ball regardless of the freakin amount of times the ball was put in the air....that has nothing to do with it....a turnover is a bad play... and a fumble is a turnover...

O I give up can someone please explain this to him...Ole Zax has very little patience and I must be horrible at get my point across...

OK, you don't understand, whatever. You want just turnovers? And we're going to use your criteria, a turnover is a turnover is a turnover, regardless of any other factors.

Total turnovers for career.

Bledsoe - 254 turnovers
Vinny - 294 turnovers

Have fun.:rolleyes:

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Zaxor said:
I disagree Vinny has played in 223 games and fumbled 114 times
Bledsoe on the other hand has played in 188 games and fumbled 120 times

this has nothing to do with a sack and then fumble..it could be the QB exchange or bledsoe cleaning his backside with the ball either way the ball has been fumbled by Bledsoe 6 more times in 35 less games...

and again I reiterate count the amount of good players and the years played with of both QB's...in your assessment

Vinny has done more with less..it doesn't sound good but it is the truth

if it is indeed the truth we are seeking here...

but I have insulted Vinny in this forum many times saying he and Bledsoe are the same when in all actuality he is better than Bledsoe

Zax we know you hate Bledsoe but trying to say Vinny is better than him is ******** and makes you look foolish

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
Zax we know you hate Bledsoe but trying to say Vinny is better than him is ******** and makes you look foolish
I don't hate Bledsoe...why should I...did he eat your kids or something...

I take it you only have your opinion to back that up...

Yawn

I showed you the stats... now do you want me to start with opinions from others

http://www.footballguys.com/05spotlight-BledDr00.php

Despite their age difference (Vinny is 41), are these two quarterbacks really that different at this stage in their careers? More importantly to fantasy owners, is Drew Bledsoe really an upgrade over Testaverde?
Consider:
  • Career Completion Percentage -- Testaverde (56.6%) vs. Bledsoe (57.0%)
  • Career Yards per Attempt -- Testaverde (6.9) vs. Bledsoe (6.6)
  • Career Attempts per TD Pass -- Testaverde (13.6) vs. Bledsoe (15.6)
  • Career Attempts per INT -- Testaverde (14.2) vs. Bledsoe (19.1)
Judging by these key passing numbers, Bledsoe is not noticeably better than Testaverde, and is frankly coming off a worse statistical season that Vinny to boot.
The similarities between Bledsoe and Vinny don't stop there. Both are strong armed, pure pocket passers with very limited mobility. Both HAVE to have solid offensive line protection in order to be effective

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/discussion/2005/09/07/DI2005090701722.html

Jason La Canfora: Wow, just got two questions in a row about hyped QBs (the other is about Orton).Dallas is always kind of in the spotlight, especially the The Tuna back, and given his past relationship with Parcells it makes for an interesting story.
Whether he is anything more than a big-armed statue back there with a bullseye on his back for defenses to tee-off on remains to be seen. Some scouts think Bledsoe is not a whole lot better than Testaverde was at this point last year.

FOX Sports - Fantasy Football Draft Guide - Fantasy Team Preview ...[SIZE=-1]Bledsoe had more touchdowns and fewer interceptions, but was not dramatically different than Testaverde. Bledsoe certainly cannot be counted on to get out ...
msn.foxsports.com/fantasy/story/3691940 - 72k - Cached - Similar pages

[/SIZE]FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Football analysis and NFL stats for the ...[SIZE=-1]It is probably better to have two B+ wide receivers than one A+ wide receiver and one D+ ... it almost seems like Testaverde is close to equal to Bledsoe, ...
www.footballoutsiders.com/2005/12/03/ramblings/fo-mailbag/3311/ - 85k

[/SIZE]the Phat Phree -Sports[SIZE=-1]Last year, Glenn and Johnson combined for less than 1400 yards, Bledsoe ... Testaverde actually had a pretty good year last year, throwing for over 3500 ...
thephatphree.com/Features.asp?SectionID=2&StoryID=1394&LayoutType=1 - 50k - Cached - Similar pages

[/SIZE]FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Football analysis and NFL stats for the ...[SIZE=-1]Testaverde was 3.2% and -0.3% respectively. Incredibly, Testaverde was a better runner too with a DVOA of -12.3% and VOA of -18%. Bledsoe’s numbers were ...
www.footballoutsiders.com/ramblings.php?p=2740&cat=4 - 74k - Cached - Similar pages
[ More results from www.footballoutsiders.com ]

[/SIZE]NFL Preview, NFC Preview[SIZE=-1]The Eagles defense is stronger and better than last year. ... However Bledsoe's best years are behind him and he is not much of an upgrade from Vinny ...
www.geoclan.com/sports/articles/05/NFLPreviewNFCPreview.htm - 55k - Cached - Similar pages

lots of foolish retards out there.... but listen believe what you want to believe..but I know better :laugh2:
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE]

superpunk

Reaction score
Zaxor said:
[SIZE=-1]lots of foolish retards out there.... but listen believe what you want to believe..but I know better :laugh2:[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE]

If you keep saying it, you might actually start believing it...:rolleyes:

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
superpunk said:
If you keep saying it, you might actually start believing it...:rolleyes:

I realize that all you
pic18.jpg
refuse to see...but you have nothing to stand on... but your whaaaa t to be's

superpunk

Reaction score
Zaxor said:
I realize that all you .
refuse to see...but you have nothing to stand on... but your whaaaa t to be's
Congratulations...you win most nonsensical post of the day.

Many points have been brought up, to support the stance that Bledsoe is a better QB than Vinny, but they don't affect you, because you don't listen to them - preferring instead to put your fingers in your ears accompanied by a boisterous singing of "la la la...I can't hear you." You've taken your side in regards to Bledsoe, and hold an extreme view of the issue. Consequently, you'll listen to nothing short of "Bledsoe sucks."

You are the anti-Bledsoe Drewpie, and your stance on this is every bit as ridiculous as the ones they take when star-humping Bledsoe.

sbneff

Reaction score
on8thdayGodcreatedBledsoe said:
That was the conclusion of the debate on the Bills' board. Break it down any way you want, Bledsoe has been every bit the NFL QB that Moon was and Moon is in.
You mean that's how you interpreted the conclusion.

Gibbs II

Reaction score
Anyone notice how funny this is?

We go from arguing Favre and Blesdoe... to VINNY and Bledsoe in which some pretty good arguements have been made for Vinny being better or the same as Bledsoe.

I think that basically puts the notion that Favre is worse than BLedsoe to sleep.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
superpunk said:
Congratulations...you win most nonsensical post of the day.

Many points have been brought up, to support the stance that Bledsoe is a better QB than Vinny, but they don't affect you, because you don't listen to them - preferring instead to put your fingers in your ears accompanied by a boisterous singing of "la la la...I can't hear you." You've taken your side in regards to Bledsoe, and hold an extreme view of the issue. Consequently, you'll listen to nothing short of "Bledsoe sucks."

You are the anti-Bledsoe Drewpie, and your stance on this is every bit as ridiculous as the ones they take when star-humping Bledsoe.

Again it isn't I who is not listening...

no valid points were made by you or anyone else... I will be more than glad to concede any valid point...just make it valid.

I argued with you over fumbles...your suggestion is that dropping back to pass causes fumbles and because Bledsoe threw more often it makes sense that he would have more fumbles...I am saying that is wrong. I do not find that to be an extreme view but I do find it to be the correct view...

I already told you that I agree that turn overs that are blamed on a QB are subjective...

such as

on a timing pattern did the receiver run the wrong route and cause the INT...it get counted against the QB even though it wasn't his fault per say...same as end of half or end of game hail mary's...

I also agreed that all sacks taken by a QB is not the fault of a QB...

so even if we take away the sacks and turnovers...

Vinny's stats are the same or better than Bledsoe's

I am not sure why you take offense to that... (please explain)

so now if we do this like you want and say that turnovers are subjective and just go by the stats and not concern ourselves with t/o it looks like this

Career Stats.....Vinny T's..................Bledsoe
Completion %....56.6.........................57.3
Yards..............45252......................43447
YPA.................6.93........................6.64
TD's.................269..........................244

with turnovers and sacks

Ints....................261........................198
Fumbles..............114........................120
Sacks/yrds lost....408/2946...............451/3028

Best year

Vinny 1998 TD's 29 Int's 7 QBR 101.6

Bledsoe 1997 TD's 28 Int's 15 QBR 87.7

Worst year

Vinny 1988 TD's 13 Int's 35 QBR 48.8

Bledsoe 1995 TD's 13 Int's 16 QBR 63.7

and because most of you that are probably arguing with me are on the youngish side here is the guys that Vinny had to work with in 1987 see if any of these names stike fear in to ya

RB Cliff Austin
RB Steve Bartalo
RB ^ Greg Boone
WR Mark Carrier
WR Gerald Carter
WR ^ Steve Carter
WR ^ Dwayne Dixon
WR Phil Freeman
RB ^ Charles Gladman
WR Bruce Hill
TE Ron Hall
WR Bruce Hill
WR Derek Holloway
TE Steve Holloway
RB Bobby Howard
WR ^ David Jackson
K Donald Igwebuike
WR ^ David Jackson
TE Calvin MaGee
WR Solomon Miller
TE ^ Jeff Modesitt
RB ^ Harold Ricks
WR ^ Stanley Shakespeare
RB Jeff Smith
WR ^ Eric Streater
WR Gene Taylor
RB Derrick Thomas
K ^ Van Tiffin
WR Herkie Walls
TE ^ Arthur Wells
RB James Wilder
RB ^ Adrian Wright

those ^ are replacement players...

K John Carney
WR Mark Carrier
WR Joey Clinkscales
RB Kerry Goode
TE Ron Hall
WR Bruce Hill
RB Bobby Howard
RB William Howard
K Donald Igwebuike
TE Calvin MaGee
RB Derrick McAdoo
TE Jeff Parks
WR Frank Pillow
WR Greg Richardson
RB/WR Don Smith
RB Jeff Smith
WR Stephen Starring
RB Lars Tate
WR Gene Taylor
RB James Wilder

K John Carney
WR Mark Carrier
WR Willie Drewrey
TE Ron Hall
TE William Harris
WR Bruce Hill
RB William Howard
K Donald Igwebuike
RB Jamie Lawson
RB Alvin Mitchell
WR Danny Peebles
WR Frank Pillow
RB/WR Don Smith
RB/WR Sylvester Stamps
RB Lars Tate
RB James Wilder

It doesn't get better for a long time and his olines were even more atrocious

if you would like I will post them and I will post Bledsoe's teammates...

or you can trust me when I say that for the most part Vinny had nothing to work with and when he did... he put up good numbers.

Again I fail to see the reason for the bitterness or the hate when I say Vinny is equal to or better than Bledsoe...

But like I said at the top of this post give me a good valid reason to put Bledsoe ahead of Vinny and I will...just make it valid and not opened to interpetation/scrutiny...

Reaction score
I'll agree that Bledsoe hasn't been that much better than Vinny. I will also say that Vinny was a whole lot better than any of you are giving him credit for. I will even defend Vinny's high number of interceptions by pointing out that he played in a different era when it was OK to be a reckless gunslinger. Bledsoe played the first 5 or 6 years of his career in this same era.

The difference is that Vinny never made it happen when it really counted. Bledsoe has 2 conference championships under his belt and a lot of gas left in the tank. Let's just wait and see how this plays out.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
I'll agree that Bledsoe hasn't been that much better than Vinny. I will also say that Vinny was a whole lot better than any of you are giving him credit for. I will even defend Vinny's high number of interceptions by pointing out that he played in a different era when it was OK to be a reckless gunslinger. Bledsoe played the first 5 or 6 years of his career in this same era.

The difference is that Vinny never made it happen when it really counted. Bledsoe has 2 conference championships under his belt and a lot of gas left in the tank. Let's just wait and see how this plays out.

I concede the point that in Vinny's only apperance in a AFCCG he did not win.. but he did throw 3 TD's and no int's

his post season stats are better

Postseason data

Year Opp Result | CMP ATT PYD PTD INT | RSH YD TD
---------------------+--------------------------+-----------------
1994 nwe W,20-13 | 20 30 268 1 0 | 5 19 0
1994 pit L,9-29 | 13 31 144 1 2 | 0 0 0
1998 jax W,34-24 | 24 36 284 1 1 | 1 -1 0
1998 den L,10-23 | 31 52 356 0 2 | 0 0 0
2001 oak L,24-38 | 27 41 277 3 0 | 1 1 0
2002 ind W,41-0 | 0 0 0 0 0 | 2 -2 0
TOTAL | 115 190 1329 6 5 | 9 17 0

Reaction score
Zaxor said:
I concede the point that in Vinny's only apperance in a AFCCG he did not win.. but he did throw 3 TD's and no int's

his post season stats are better

Postseason data

Year Opp Result | CMP ATT PYD PTD INT | RSH YD TD
1994 nwe W,20-13 | 20 30 268 1 0 | 5 19 0
1994 pit L,9-29 | 13 31 144 1 2 | 0 0 0
1998 jax W,34-24 | 24 36 284 1 1 | 1 -1 0
1998 den L,10-23 | 31 52 356 0 2 | 0 0 0
2001 oak L,24-38 | 27 41 277 3 0 | 1 1 0
2002 ind W,41-0 | 0 0 0 0 0 | 2 -2 0
TOTAL | 115 190 1329 6 5 | 9 17 0

Hey, like I said, Vinny was a pretty darn good QB. You don't get to be a starter for like 16 years unless you have a lot to offer.

So, is Vinny's playoff record 3-3? Bledsoe is 4-3 with 2 conference championship games AND at least 2 seasons from being all done.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Hey, like I said, Vinny was a pretty darn good QB. You don't get to be a starter for like 16 years unless you have a lot to offer.

So, is Vinny's playoff record 3-3? Bledsoe is 4-3 with 2 conference championship games AND at least 2 seasons from being all done.
You keep saying that. Based on what other than your own opinion?

sbneff

Reaction score
Dead Guy said:
Bledsoe is 4-3 with 2 conference championship games AND at least 2 seasons from being all done.
Let me help you out again, it's 3-3 with one conference championship. You have a hard time with comprehension, don't you?

If you want to caveat your post by saying: In my opinion, Bledstud should be 4-3 with 2-conference championships. That would be an accurate statement.

Reaction score
sbneff said:
Let me help you out again, it's 3-3 with one conference championship. You have a hard time with comprehension, don't you?

If you want to caveat your post by saying: In my opinion, Bledstud should be 4-3 with 2-conference championships. That would be an accurate statement.

So you think Brady deserves the W for that game? Even though he went out midway though the second quarter and threw zero TD passes?

sbneff

Reaction score
So you think Brady deserves the W for that game? Even though he went out midway though the second quarter and threw zero TD passes?
It's not my call, it's the NFL's and that's the way it was called. Brady left the game, due to an injury, with the lead. The Patriots never fell behind in the game. Brady was awarded the victory. Is it that hard to accept?

Do you really want to continue the talk of how well Bledstud did in that game? Let me know - I am ready with both barrels.

Just another correction, Bledsoe went in near the end of the 2nd quarter, not the middle. Brady drove the team to the Steelers 40 yard line with ~2-minutes left in the half when he got injured. Bledsoe came in and threw 3-very nice balls, one for a TD. That's where it ended... More misinformation?

Reaction score
sbneff said:
It's not my call, it's the NFL's and that's the way it was called. Brady left the game, due to an injury, with the lead. The Patriots never fell behind in the game. Brady was awarded the victory. Is it that hard to accept?

Do you really want to continue the talk of how well Bledstud did in that game? Let me know - I am ready with both barrels.

Just another correction, Bledsoe went in near the end of the 2nd quarter, not the middle. Brady drove the team to the Steelers 40 yard line with ~2-minutes left in the half when he got injured. Bledsoe came in and threw 3-very nice balls, one for a TD. That's where it ended... More misinformation?

OMG!!! Did you just concede that Bledsoe has thrown "3 very nice balls"????? This is an historic day.

BTW, I'll be out of town for a bit, so you'll just have to amuse yourself some other way for the next few days. :jerk:

sbneff

Reaction score
OMG!!! Did you just concede that Bledsoe has thrown "3 very nice balls"????? This is an historic day.

BTW, I'll be out of town for a bit, so you'll just have to amuse yourself some other way for the next few days.
Are you being silly again - you know I have always acknowledged that fact - as soon as you can acknowledge the rest of his play in that game, we will have a break-through.

I'll take your none rebuttal as a confirmation that Bledsoe was NOT credited with a win in that game, which brings his play-off record to 3-3 with 1-Conference championship. It must feel good to finally admit your misinformation.

Enjoy your trip, Godspeed!