Signed by Cowboys FB Olawale traded to Cowboys **merged**

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
mr gimmie---- sir please do your homework...cowboys traded a 5th for a 6th...and Keith Smith is head and shoulders better than Olawaze...blocks better ....catches passes better....is a specail team ace and in a pinch can play linebacker...cowboys only saved approx.. 400k in money...not worth it...Smith transitioned from linebacker to fullback/special teams...and became one of the best in NFL in 2 years...the dude is a stud
Homework done. I disagree.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
mr gimmie---- sir please do your homework...cowboys traded a 5th for a 6th...and Keith Smith is head and shoulders better than Olawaze...blocks better ....catches passes better....is a specail team ace and in a pinch can play linebacker...cowboys only saved approx.. 400k in money...not worth it...Smith transitioned from linebacker to fullback/special teams...and became one of the best in NFL in 2 years...the dude is a stud

Give us some examples why Smith is better. I think it has already been shown why Olawaze is better.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think we should use this fullback a lot...

I hope so, considering they gave up resources to get him. But with this brain trust, I've learned not to get my hopes up.

Or to give them too much credit.

After all, these are the guys that invest first rounders in their entire offensive line and running back and then throw it on first and goal...

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Oh but I thought we were going to plug a ton of holes with these plethora of draft picks we have. Ergo, we have no reason to even try to add anyone with talent in FA.
Nobody said that. The rational fans just don't want us to go out and over pay for one. Which is exactly what other teams have done.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Upgraded the position and saved money
How dare we do such a thing
did not upgrade postion..downgraded and traded a 5th for a 6th..do you homework..Keith Smith transitioned from linebacker to fullback and is becoming one of the best in NFL in 2 years...he can chip-block better than any fullback i have ever seen and there is good tape to back it up...yes we saved 400k...but that is pocket change in comparison to what we lost...it was Rich Bascacia of Oakland who used to be Smiths specail teams coach who begged Gruden to get him cause he is a stud and they did....sir please do your homework before stating opinions

jrumann59

Reaction score
Please correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Flowers(OU), Bawden(SDS)*, and Hill(Mich) were all true fullbacks.

*Invited to Senior bowl as a FB.
I stand corrected. Just looked up the 6 total prospects. I could see some of those guys being H-Backs some of them have some wheels

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Gorico, I posted the numbers for both Smith and Olawale earlier in this thread that you can go back and look at. Olawale is head and shoulders better than Smith as a receiver and runner. Olawale also led his team in special teams tackles in multiple years.

I think you just liked what you saw in Smith and really don't know much about Olawale. Smith developed into a good run blocker and is a little better than Olawale in that area, but Olawale has him beat in practically everything else. This is an upgrade.

jrumann59

Reaction score
did not upgrade postion..downgraded and traded a 5th for a 6th..do you homework..Keith Smith transitioned from linebacker to fullback and is becoming one of the best in NFL in 2 years...he can chip-block better than any fullback i have ever seen and there is good tape to back it up...yes we saved 400k...but that is pocket change in comparison to what we lost...it was Rich Bascacia of Oakland who used to be Smiths specail teams coach who begged Gruden to get him cause he is a stud and they did....sir please do your homework before stating opinions
The issue is Smith is a lot like Alf Morris when he is on the field, he is no threat to get the ball so you can do something else with his defender.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Gorico, I posted the numbers for both Smith and Olawale earlier in this thread that you can go back and look at. Olawale is head and shoulders better than Smith as a receiver and runner. Olawale also led his team in special teams tackles in multiple years.

I think you just liked what you saw in Smith and really don't know much about Olawale. Smith developed into a good run blocker and is a little better than Olawale in that area, but Olawale has him beat in practically everything else. This is an upgrade.
mr gimmie---- the number one thing you want from a full-back is to block...and Smith is so much better than Olawale...are you kidding me mr gimmie?

Corso

Reaction score
mr Corso---are you really going to say Olawaze is better than Keith Smith?...sir i will need to give you a urinalysis....
Oh buddy... I'll fail. So you can take what I say with the same grains of salt everybody else does.
Doesn't mean I'm wrong though...

Corso

Reaction score
mr gimmie---- the number one thing you want from a full-back is to block...and Smith is so much better than Olawale...are you kidding me mr gimmie?
The guy was rated the #2 blocking FB by PFF. You can poo-poo PFF, but it means something to be ranked that high in a group.

Sydla

Reaction score
Nobody said that. The rational fans just don't want us to go out and over pay for one. Which is exactly what other teams have done.

LOL. They have not. They've basically excused every free agent that signs elsewhere by stating it's no big deal, we build through the draft anyway.

In fact, many of the people criticizing the front office are the ones who have said that there are FA moves out there that don't break the bank but improve the club. Mathieu was one, for example, signing a one year deal for only $7MM. And that there is no excuse for this team not to be more active in FA.

The kicker is you mention overpaying and yet the reality is, this team has actually overpaid the slop they've brought in. That's how you get a bum like Carroll taking up a dead money hit for a couple of million this year. So frankly, if they are going to overpay, I'd rather it be for a mid-level guy who can play than a handful of bums who can't.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Everybody relax. We still have 9 picks and we could always package our 2nd and 3rd to get back into the 1st round.
It's almost like results matter.

Life is unfair.
mr Star --life is very unfair...i have been locked in this dimension of being a cowboy fan for over 40 years....and i only survive on yester-years memories...i feel that is very unfair

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
They Signed our FB. We then traded for their FB, which we already had in camp years ago, which they no longer wanted. Is that about it?

Que the Twilight Zone music.
This front office is such trash, it’s comical just watching them be so inept.

It’s almost like they are trying to lose on purpose

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The issue is Smith is a lot like Alf Morris when he is on the field, he is no threat to get the ball so you can do something else with his defender.
sir his job it to block...i have watched him chip-block rushers and knock em on their butt...saving Dak from getting creamed

jjktkk

Reaction score
So we're going to argue 6 receptions over 5 receptions? And 26 yards over 33 yards and then claim that "Olawale is an all around fullback"?

If that's the case, why did he actually play far fewer snaps than Smith did on both offense and special teams?

And why did Smith take his job in Oakland?

Smith played his college at San Jose State. At worst this is lateral move. Different type of fullbacks. Bisaccia probably got in Gruden's ear and made a pitch for Smith. Olawale sure seems like the better overall offensive player. I'm curious as to why you're going to such extremes to overanalyze this trade?