Capologist
Reaction score
Funny that made it 29
d321892dc1e611ccb3d68f526e26da4e.png

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
First, quit calling me sir.

Now, moving along, I'm not saying Olawale is better, much less obviously better. On the other hand, you have indicated that it only takes doing homework to clearly see that Smith is head and shoulders better, and I'm curious as to what that homework would be. I assume you are saying there is readily available information that clearly proves your point, and honestly I'm at a loss for what that might be.

As for the bias, I don't mind some of that - we all have players we like and dislike, and frankly I liked Keith Smith myself. But we also have to be fair minded if we are going to have a reasonable discussion and not let the bias cause us claim things as proven fact when no such proof exists.

Nevertheless, a point you seem to keep forgetting in all of this is that Smith was already gone when the Olawale deal was done, so he had no part in this trade. The fact Smith ended up with the Raiders doesn't change that. Ultimately, maybe Smith wanted to go back to his home state of California, or maybe the Cowboys didn't like Smith's asking price, or maybe they didn't want to commit to a multi-year deal for a FB, or maybe their feelings about Smith aren't as strong as yours are - who knows the reasons? But in the end, he was already gone, and at the time the Cowboys made the deal with Olawale Smith wasn't in the picture.
grilled pork loin, rice, black-eyed peas, sliced tomatoes...
aria--i had my favorite a good work out...super spicey oriental soup with 3 eggs cooked in..love hot and spicey

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No problem. I mean, I do have an avatar of a man. LOL
miss mary--i think its so cool when ladies are into pro football...my wife goes crazy watching cowboys play..screams very loud...but she had to stop watching football...she is a overly sensitive...and when the camera pans to the sidelines of the losing team and their faces are downcast it hurts her feelings too much..i said..dear its only a game they really are not that unhappy making millions...she says it does not matter

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
miss mary--i think its so cool when ladies are into pro football...my wife goes crazy watching cowboys play..screams very loud...but she had to stop watching football...she is a overly sensitive...and when the camera pans to the sidelines of the losing team and their faces are downcast it hurts her feelings too much..i said..dear its only a game they really are not that unhappy making millions...she says it does not matter
I'm really bad when it comes to watching the boys. I tend to yell a lot at the TV!!! So far, though, no furniture has been harmed during my tirades!! LOL :laugh:

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm really bad when it comes to watching the boys. I tend to yell a lot at the TV!!! So far, though, no furniture has been harmed during my tirades!! LOL :laugh:
oh man...when Tony made that radical comeback ..last second TD to Jason Witten in 2015 first game of the year against Giants....i went crazy like no other time...and sure i was really not happy when the team went into gutter the rest of season...but i must be honest...this last year during that 3 game stretch where we could not score more than 10 points and all three teams wiped the floor with us i was so mad..i lost confidence in cwoby leadership...but hey what do i know?...they are the pros.....i am so excited with our new rookie db's that are playing out of their minds...and 2018 a better O Line...healthy Zeke for 16 games...an improved Dak...our passing game will be much better ... i think we might make a run...but i wish we were a little more active in free agency...but again i am only a fan...

losersgetcute

Reaction score
Meanwhile Trey Millard sits and waits for his next camp invite...smh...why don't they kick the tires on other guys that they haven't yet? Jamize is a 4.5 guy but can he hurdle DBs at full speed?

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Only in Dallas do they love stockpiling 6ths and 7ths. I absolutley hate this move,and once again,because it completely makes no sense to me. Smith was a good FB,and the little money saved doesn't justify his release,only to trade a pick to Oak a pick for theirs.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Only in Dallas do they love stockpiling 6ths and 7ths. I absolutley hate this move,and once again,because it completely makes no sense to me. Smith was a good FB,and the little money saved doesn't justify his release,only to trade a pick to Oak a pick for theirs.

He wasn't released. His contract expired. Big difference.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Gotta love a team that lets a player walk then trades a draft pick to get him back.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Gotta love a team that lets a player walk then trades a draft pick to get him back.
Kinda like sending your kid to college and then having them come back all smart and grown up and stuff. And still letting them sleep in your basement.