Signed by Cowboys FB Olawale traded to Cowboys **merged**

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
If this trade does not prove Garrett's fetish with a niche position, I don't know what does.

I don't mind the "swap" overall. Got an older but better player, relatively non-descript draft impact. Could actually be a win.

But fullback is so damn important we have to trade for that versus any of the other gaping holes in this roster?

I just want someone to explain this to me in a way that makes sense.

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
O LAH WAH LI'....

Fun name to pronounce at least.
:welcome:

First good block he gets, I'm gonna say "that guy got O LAH WAH LIII'D!"
:flagwave:

Last edited:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
$100 million dollars?! Jeepers. That ball club must really know what they're doing! I mean what other explanation could there e for hiring a coach that's proven he can't build a roster. They are SO far ahead of the curve, here. I'm almost jealous (and I'm CERTAIN that you are).

I am not jealous of anything, for I have no idea if Gruden knows how to build a roster or not.

What I do know is that somebody is paying him $100 million dollars to build theirs.

How much are you getting paid to build somebody's roster?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Hell no, but here we are. I'm partly guilty for this also, so I shouldn't complain. I supplied too many posts to this thread myself.

And here's another one! I need an Intervention!

Hey Corso, I thought you were going to start pumping iron and getting ripped like Beast is.;)

Here are a couple of friends of mine to get you motivated.............

Hans-Franz2.jpg

jrumann59

Reaction score
Are we talking about the same Gruden who got fired from his last job when they realized he didn't know **** about building a roster or a different Gruden? Asking for a friend.
is your friend the liquor store guy...

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
If this trade does not prove Garrett's fetish with a niche position, I don't know what does.

I don't mind the "swap" overall. Got an older but better player, relatively non-descript draft impact. Could actually be a win.

But fullback is so damn important we have to trade for that versus any of the other gaping holes in this roster?

$1.5 million.

That's all you need to know. This trade was done because of how much the player cost. One of the sticking points on trading for Thomas (possibly the major sticking point) is his contract.

GreenMean69

Reaction score
we traded to get back a guy we already cut in the past lol

Im a Eagles fan and I know they swiped him from Cowboys practice squad .... So Raiders use him up , and give him back with interest :D Im betting he would of been cut since they already signed his replacement

Carson

Reaction score
Im a Eagles fan and I know they swiped him from Cowboys practice squad .... So Raiders use him up , and give him back with interest :D Im betting he would of been cut since they already signed his replacement

That’s what doesn’t make sense about the deal.

He would’ve been available in a few months

jrumann59

Reaction score
That’s what doesn’t make sense about the deal.

He would’ve been available in a few months
except then he probably would have cost more than 1.64mm if someone else were to bid then you have the whole sell the teams plan and wait for a decision. they paid a slight premium a 5th to make sure he was here.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Probably the laziest move ever to cover up a free agency screw up. Way to go out and scout this one out...:rolleyes:

I honestly don't think Jerry even left the couch for this one...

texbumthelife

Reaction score

Pretty much my feeling to. In light of everything else we've done (or haven't) in FA it doesn't make a lot of sense to me. If they really value the position that much AND "keeping their own guys", why not just keep Smith?