Fear the Walking Dead

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
It looks like a slow-developing 'prequel'... it may be a few weeks before we can draw a bead on this project. Right now, I can only state that this series has lots of potential.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Meh".

It was OK.

Far, far behind the series premier episode of "The Walking Dead".

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I thought it was pretty terrible. Nothing really happened, and none of the characters were interesting or seem to have much intelligence.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
I love the Walking Dead but nothing on the previews made me want to watch this. At all. I was pretty excited about this when they announced this too.

John813

Reaction score
Dragged on forever. Was actually disappointed when I realized it was a 90 minute premier.

I think it'll get way better as the season goes on, but it's more of a filler till the main show comes back on for me.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was hoping that kid would get killed, heck his sister as well.

Found them both annoying.

Is that wrong of me? lol

blindzebra

Reaction score
I was hoping that kid would get killed, heck his sister as well.

Found them both annoying.

Is that wrong of me? lol

Nah, we will be seeing commercials for the latest in addiction treatment...zombie rehab in the weeks to come.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought they would have started the timeline even earlier. At this juncture the epidemic is well under way.

Actually "The Walking Dead" started earlier in the pandemic than what "Fear" is.

But just like "TWD" the black male characters get knocked off and people don't respond to the situation like people would.

None of the characters interests me (yet). I found both the Shane and Rick characters interesting from the get-go... And Morgan too.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wanted the daughter dead within five minutes of her opening dialogue.

The best scene IMO? The principal with the PA/speaker system.

I thought the zombies would move faster since the pandemic was fresh and necrosis would be in the earliest stages. Not World War Z fast but faster.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I saw the first episode last night. I only got six episodes in to the original. Chances are good I won't watch it. :)

basstapp

Reaction score
I actually preferred the cast in this show then the walking dead. I'm a little sick of Carl running away and getting in trouble.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I saw the first episode last night. I only got six episodes in to the original. Chances are good I won't watch it. :)
Only the first six episodes of the series? You've missed some good ones. Carol's missing daughter reappears as a zombie in Pretty Much Dead Already. Daryl re-kills his zombie brother in This Sorrowful Life. There are more but you've missed out on great drama if you've never seen The Grove episode.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I missed the first episode.

To be quite honest I haven't had any real desire to watch this prequel. It just doesn't look very interesting at all.

basstapp

Reaction score
You mean as opposed to a twenty-something running away and getting into trouble. LOL!

Touche - I think I enjoy an older cast. Who knows how it will play out, but seems to be building up and could turn into an awesome show.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
It was a little slow and I suspect the next episode might have a similar pace, but I plan on continuing to watch it. The build up could end up equaling a payoff in another few episodes.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
I thought they would have started the timeline even earlier. At this juncture the epidemic is well under way.

Actually "The Walking Dead" started earlier in the pandemic than what "Fear" is.

But just like "TWD" the black male characters get knocked off and people don't respond to the situation like people would.

None of the characters interests me (yet). I found both the Shane and Rick characters interesting from the get-go... And Morgan too.

ya, i didnt feel they started soon enough, but how much sooner can they actually start? The only way to do so is to go much sooner but use the current characters...I'll watch it, but I'm concerned about its ability to tell the story.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ya, i didnt feel they started soon enough, but how much sooner can they actually start? The only way to do so is to go much sooner but use the current characters...I'll watch it, but I'm concerned about its ability to tell the story.

Good question.

I would have like to have seen what took place with patient "zero" or at least the first person in the LA area who came down with the flu... that would have been interesting IMO. Read Brook's book "World War Z" and he does an interesting twist on patient "zero" for that story. Or watch "The Dead 2-India" and they do a take on patient "zero" as it applies to that part of the world.

They wouldn't necessarily have needed the existing characters for a brief 5-10 minute "intro" to what triggered the LA outbreak.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
Good question.

I would have like to have seen what took place with patient "zero" or at least the first person in the LA area who came down with the flu... that would have been interesting IMO. Read Brook's book "World War Z" and he does an interesting twist on patient "zero" for that story. Or watch "The Dead 2-India" and they do a take on patient "zero" as it applies to that part of the world.

They wouldn't necessarily have needed the existing characters for a brief 5-10 minute "intro" to what triggered the LA outbreak.

Does "I am Legend" count in any of this?