Fear the Walking Dead

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
If the walkers can't reproduce without biting a living person - shouldn't they be able to be herded and killed in mass by the living?

You'd think eventually the walkers would die out since presumably everyone still alive is immune from the virus that causes it.

Anybody else have trouble rectifying that?

Over 300 million people in USA.
How many of those are dead?

That's a lot for the living to kill.

Plus all the graves from over 100 years?

yimyammer

Reaction score
If the walkers can't reproduce without biting a living person - shouldn't they be able to be herded and killed in mass by the living?

You'd think eventually the walkers would die out since presumably everyone still alive is immune from the virus that causes it.

I've wondered something similar, why couldn't they starve them to death? I guess the story has to defy logic in order to work but the walkers brains are working at some capacity so I would assume that requires energy and therefore food, no?

yimyammer

Reaction score

Plus all the graves from over 100 years?

good point, its pretty damn hard for the living to gather in high enough numbers and resources to accomplish this

wonder whats going on in the rest of the world? Seems to me, they could spin this show off in other countries showing how events are playing out in regions all over the world (and I'd enjoy watching these with subtitles)

The story possibilities are endless for this concept, imo

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've wondered something similar, why couldn't they starve them to death? I guess the story has to defy logic in order to work but the walkers brains are working at some capacity so I would assume that requires energy and therefore food, no?

That's the thing. The undead don't eat for nourishment. They gain no value from it. They do it on instinct and not out of any need.

So you can't starve them.

All you can do is wait for their connective tissues to break down so they are no longer mobile.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
good point, its pretty damn hard for the living to gather in high enough numbers and resources to accomplish this

wonder whats going on in the rest of the world? Seems to me, they could spin this show off in other countries showing how events are playing out in regions all over the world (and I'd enjoy watching these with subtitles)

The story possibilities are endless for this concept, imo

Well that's it as society and governments break down everyone starts doing their own thing.

If one is interested in seeing a zombie apocalypse take place in foreign countries watch "The Dead", which takes place in Africa and "The Dead 2", which takes place in India.

Both are well done movies that contain reasonably high production values.

yimyammer

Reaction score
That's the thing. The undead don't eat for nourishment. They gain no value from it. They do it on instinct and not out of any need.

All you can do is wait for their connective tissues to break down so they are no longer mobile.

but the brain is functioning at a low level, how does that now require energy?

I suspect this is where the story requires us to suspend disbelief

jrumann59

Reaction score

Plus all the graves from over 100 years
?

Kirkman's zombies are different from the Living Dead Zombies and far way on the scale fromt he Return of the living dead zombies.

jrumann59

Reaction score

Most zombie books, and movies have the urge to feed less to do for sustenance and more as a vector to reproduce.

jrumann59

Reaction score

Yes in the books and other media around this genre that is where suspension of belief is really needed a lot of it is explained away that the "virus" somehow slows decomp. and as the world war Z book mentions the safest place would be an arctic or sub freezing area where the Zombies muscles and tissues would freeze and pretty much lock them in place until thawed.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Yes in the books and other media around this genre that is where suspension of belief is really needed a lot of it is explained away that the "virus" somehow slows decomp. and as the world war Z book mentions the safest place would be an arctic or sub freezing area where the Zombies muscles and tissues would freeze and pretty much lock them in place until thawed.

I know there is not going to be a reveal of how the virus is, dies, exists.

One was it was dormant in us, then activated somehow?
Another is bible story?

What are others?

Kirkman's zombies are different from the Living Dead Zombies and far way on the scale fromt he Return of the living dead zombies.

True. Just threw it in there :)

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Yep.

I would be interested in a series that delved more to the north where the inhabitants dealt with the heating/cooling cycle more and its affect on the undead.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
but the brain is functioning at a low level, how does that now require energy?

I suspect this is where the story requires us to suspend disbelief

LOL!

Yeah basically.

In the movie "Day of the Dead" Dr. "Frankenstein" is heard talking about how long a reanimated corpse could expect to be mobile before it basically falls apart... He thought up to 10 years if reanimated early enough.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I know there is not going to be a reveal of how the virus is, dies, exists.

One was it was dormant in us, then activated somehow?
Another is bible story?

What are others?

True. Just threw it in there :)

typical gov't experiment, If you read John Mayberry, the start of the zombie apocalypse is about a doctor that wanted deathrow inmates to suffer so he created a drug that locked their pysche off from their body when it died so they would be still be there as their body died but something goes wrong. "Dead of Night", and "Fall of Night" address that and are "prequels" to the "Rot and Ruin" Series. Mayberry's Joe Ledger Series also has nice twist on Zombies, Vampires, and Mythical beasts. The Dead City series has it popping up unexplained following a Hurricane Katrina type event. ZA Recht takes some liberties with Zombies and nuclear fallout.

speedkilz88

Reaction score

No one has shown to be immune at this point. When they die they turn even when not bit. It's already in their blood. Bites speed up the process.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

I always find it comical how the skulls break... Some are good fist shots... Some with weapons..
A newly dead is fresh and "healthy" looking lol for lack of a better word.... Then you have the decrepit ones.... Break like a bag of chips!

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I always find it comical how the skulls break... Some are good fist shots... Some with weapons..
A newly dead is fresh and "healthy" looking lol for lack of a better word.... Then you have the decrepit ones.... Break like a bag of chips!

Yeah, that kind of cracks me up too.

The skull is very hard. Harder than what is often perceived on "TWD".