Felix Jones Highlight Video

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Just a little over 1 minute per rep at the combine.......nice.....

heavyg

Reaction score
I would be happy with Felix Jones or Chris Johnson in this draft :bow:

Spectre

Reaction score
Thehoofbite;1995291 said:
Yea because you need your speedster back to be able to lift defenders over his head...

cwbyfan72

Reaction score
i dont know guys.....this guy doesnt seem more than a kick returner to me. No moves, all speed. Tyson Thompsonish.... Rather have Rice.

Reaction score
It's a good thing you don't have to be strong in the arms and chest to run fast isn't it?

Julius had a strong upper body and he always got arm tackled and was injury prone, so I think now would be a good time for me to not care how many reps Felix Jones can do on a bench.

Spectre

Reaction score
cwbyfan72;1995299 said:
i dont know guys.....this guy doesnt seem more than a kick returner to me. No moves, all speed. Tyson Thompsonish.... Rather have Rice.
You may have a point. Most of his big runs came off of gaping holes in the defense.

I'm still on the fence over F. Jones but I thought I'd share this video I found as it gives a good look at his college production.

He's probably more of a 2nd round value than a 1st. McFadden and Mendenhall might be the only real 1st round talents.

I definitely like Ray Rice and think he is more the complete back.

rguido

Reaction score
I wish arkansas had run a pro style offense so we could see how these guys really performed...

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Spectre;1995296 said:
Yea because you need your speedster back to be able to lift defenders over his head...

It would be nice if they could block.....

Spectre

Reaction score
Thehoofbite;1995308 said:
It would be nice if they could block.....
Sure.
I just don't think bench presses are a relevant measurement of blocking ability.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Spectre;1995312 said:
Sure.
I just don't think bench presses are a relevant measurement of blocking ability.

I disagree but because I can see where this would go, I digress.

Im not really too enamored by Felix. I think there are better backs out there that would be better for Dallas. Someone will take Felix before Dallas could get him in round 2 and using a 1st on Felix is reaching IMO.

The only backs I would like to see in the 1st round would be Stewart or Mendenhall (DMC of course but not happening).

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
cwbyfan72;1995299 said:

I agree wholeheartedly....to me he is one of the ten most overrated players in the draft. It's not half as easy to turn the corner in the NFL, you need to show that you have the feet, vision and balance to run inside and I am not sure he does.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
cwbyfan72;1995299 said:

We aren't looking at the same player if you think he has no moves. Whadayawan?

JerryFan

Reaction score
Oh_Canada;1995341 said:
I agree wholeheartedly....to me he is one of the ten most overrated players in the draft. It's not half as easy to turn the corner in the NFL, you need to show that you have the feet, vision and balance to run inside and I am not sure he does.

Same here. I wish Jerry would move up high enough to get my boy Rashard Mendenhall from Illinois. 'Shard is the real deal and might very well be the best back in this draft. The only thing to me that is suspect about 'Shard is his blocking and that can be taught.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7OiYXlBEZU

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
While I don't see all these backs going in the first round I think they have first round talent (some more deserving than others):

McFadden...duh
Stewart...better than Mendenhall IMO..kick returner, receiver as well as run
Mendenhall...talk about not showing a lot of wiggle
Johnson...F Jones on steriods...not as much cutback ability but still lots of it
Charles....speed...another TThompson IMO
Jones...speed plus...plenty of wiggle...size an issue but see speed plus

The first four should go in the first although RBs always fall when GMs start seeing those OL and defensive players being scooped up. This draft is particularly deep at RB. Starters may be found into the fourth. Corey Boyd will be a NFL starter if he stays healthy and will go the end of day one or even into day two. That's how deep this draft is.

Jones is Hestersque. Not just my opinion either. He will go higher than a lot of people here think. I'm not even saying this guy is a complete NFL RB. He cannot shoulder the entire load. But he can returns punts, kickoffs and get plenty of touchs in a game as a RB and perhaps as a receiver. He will create mismatches galore. He will be an excellent addition to whichever team picks him up.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
The thing I noticed was that with McFadden often also in the backfield alot of the time, the defense was clearly keying on him and leaving Jones pretty much an afterthought and he made the most of that..no doubt.

And he does have the straight-line speed..but I don't see the shifty-ness you'd like to see having MBIII here already.

I just don't think his combine did anything for him, either.

I'd take him in the 3rd rd. but not #1.

Pleazzzzeee..

:starspin ReDBaLL EXPreSS :starspin

BigDave95

Reaction score
Thehoofbite;1995291 said:

Felix Jones DID NOT bench press at the combine.

The 8 reps belonged to Rafael Little, the RB that went after him. They were mistakenly credited to Jones. Both Jones and McFadden will lift at the Arkansas Pro Day.

This has become like the Vince Young Wonderlic score. Urban Legend. Felix won't throw up 37 reps or anything but he'll probably finish in the middle of the pack for RB's.

Mansta54

Reaction score
In this clip I saw great vision, excellent speed and excelleration, outstanding balance, ability to make people miss, sets up his blockers well, shifty in the hole, he ran thru some tackles, and he damn sure doesn't get caught from behind. If we don't get DMac, I'd damn sure take FJ. I luv the way he runs with determination...

JerryFan

Reaction score
jobberone;1995443 said:
While I don't see all these backs going in the first round I think they have first round talent (some more deserving than others):

McFadden...duh
Stewart...better than Mendenhall IMO..kick returner, receiver as well as run
Mendenhall...talk about not showing a lot of wiggle
Johnson...F Jones on steriods...not as much cutback ability but still lots of it
Charles....speed...another TThompson IMO
Jones...speed plus...plenty of wiggle...size an issue but see speed plus

The first four should go in the first although RBs always fall when GMs start seeing those OL and defensive players being scooped up. This draft is particularly deep at RB. Starters may be found into the fourth. Corey Boyd will be a NFL starter if he stays healthy and will go the end of day one or even into day two. That's how deep this draft is.

Jones is Hestersque. Not just my opinion either. He will go higher than a lot of people here think. I'm not even saying this guy is a complete NFL RB. He cannot shoulder the entire load. But he can returns punts, kickoffs and get plenty of touchs in a game as a RB and perhaps as a receiver. He will create mismatches galore. He will be an excellent addition to whichever team picks him up.

You don't think Mendenhall is a receiver or has any wiggle? Have you watched him play?

BigDave95

Reaction score
jobberone;1995443 said:
Jones is Hestersque. Not just my opinion either. He will go higher than a lot of people here think. I'm not even saying this guy is a complete NFL RB. He cannot shoulder the entire load. But he can returns punts, kickoffs and get plenty of touchs in a game as a RB and perhaps as a receiver.

This is one of those things that somebody said once and everyone just assumed it was true.

Felix Jones never returned punts at Arkansas. And that was a HUGE weakness for the Hogs. Most of the times they put Peyton Hillis back there just to fair catch it (kind of like Crayton). Whenever they tried to put a real returner back there, it turned disastrous. Reggie Fish's muff at the 1 yard line cost the Razorbacks the SEC championship and helped Florida win a national title.

They tried both Felix and McFadden at punt returner several times in spring practice and neither really did that well. Now it is true that Felix was an AMAZING kick returner. A two time All American at KR. But he never returned punts.