Felix Jones Highlight Video

BigDave95

Reaction score
theogt;1998041 said:
I think you're WAY overrating what McFadden can be. Even if he's as good as Peterson, which is far from certain, that's just not something you give up 3 (formerly) first day picks for.

And I wouldn't give up 3 first day picks for McFadden. I'd let it be known to every team in the top 10 that we're willing to trade both #22 and #28 for the right to draft McFadden. Miami, Oakland, KC, Patriots...doesn't matter. Everyone's talking about wanting to trade out of that high pick to avoid the huge contract and get extra picks. If they're serious, we're their partner.

Doesn't matter if it's the #1 pick or #7 pick. Our offer is #22 and #28 and not one cent more. Take it or leave it. If nobody wants to deal for that, we stay put and draft.

Reaction score
ctrous25;1997035 said:
I would pick Johnson over Jones

So would I, & here's why:

• Both rely on speed, but once Johnson is past the pack, he's usually gone. Too many times, I saw Jones caught from behind.
  • I also saw Jones taken down by first contact, ala Julius Jones. Johnson may have that problem too, but he doesn't get "contacted" as often.
  • Both have excellent hands, but, again, you get Johnson out in the open, past the first line of defense, & he's going to out-run most secondaries. In the video, Jones was caught half the time.
  • Jones is a better return man, but Johnson can learn.
I agree with the one post that said Ray Rice is more of the franchise, Emmitt sort of runner. I completely agree. We already have that in the Barbarian. We just need that homerun hitter that will take it to the house once he gets free. One thing that many of you don't take into mind is that speed backs don't have time to make all the moves you keep talking about. They hit the hole hard, get a lane, & get gone. Something JJ did his first two yrs. here.

Thing is, I will be happy with several backs available, and I'm sure Mr. Jones will take one, or more.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
theogt;1998041 said:
I strongly disagree that you'll have two corners go in the top 10 this year.

I think you're WAY overrating what McFadden can be. Even if he's as good as Peterson, which is far from certain, that's just not something you give up 3 (formerly) first day picks for.

your not "giving up" 3...your "giving up" 2

your still using a 1st rd pick

most of us believe we can get McFadden by trading two 1sts and the 3rd (or perhaps 2 1sts alone, or two 1sts and a later pick or backup player)...all our picks are late...we'd still have a 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th for anything else

and as you alreayd mentioned, once you get past the top 2-3 CB's there's (dropoff in your opinion) not much difference between the next 6-8 or so, which i agree with. We arnt getting any of the top 2-3 CB's at 22 anyway, so why not wait and get better value in the 2nd rd but still land an impact player in the first?

David

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
dbair1967;1998127 said:
your not "giving up" 3...your "giving up" 2

your still using a 1st rd pick

most of us believe we can get McFadden by trading two 1sts and the 3rd (or perhaps 2 1sts alone, or two 1sts and a later pick or backup player)...all our picks are late...we'd still have a 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th for anything else

and as you alreayd mentioned, once you get past the top 2-3 CB's there's (dropoff in your opinion) not much difference between the next 6-8 or so, which i agree with. We arnt getting any of the top 2-3 CB's at 22 anyway, so why not wait and get better value in the 2nd rd but still land an impact player in the first?

David
Obviously you are giving up 3 picks. You're giving up 3 picks to get that 1 pick. Not sure why anyone would suggest otherwise. And, we can most likely get Cason at 22.

Reaction score
If Mcfadden was going to be as good as A Peterson i would trade 3 first day picks. Too bad hes not gonna come close to AP as a pro. Both RazorBACKS are overrated. Mcfadden=Ronnie Brown type. I'll pass.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
theogt;1998133 said:
Obviously you are giving up 3 picks. You're giving up 3 picks to get that 1 pick. Not sure why anyone would suggest otherwise. And, we can most likely get Cason at 22.

oh I'm sure we'll be able to get Cason at 22, its just that I (and many others) dont grade him that high and think he's likely to be available later than that...he isnt good value at 22 IMO...now Mckelvin and DRC are...Jenkins is very talented as well but is a boom or bust type player IMO because of attitude and work ethic issues...after those 3, the next 6-8-10 CB's are all similar IMO and therefore, you get better value by taking one with our 2nd rd pick.

everyone acts like we are "giving up" 3 picks, which we're not...we're giving up 2...to suggest we are "giving up" picks makes it seem like a net loss of 3 , when it isnt

David