Felix Jones Highlight Video

JerryFan

Reaction score
theogt;1996734 said:
I mean exactly what I typed, which (no offense) you apparently didn't read. Speed is the "least valuable asset" to a running back. It is an asset, but it's just not as useful as those "other goodies." It's not a new idea. It's actually common knowledge.

I agree with you. Speed is great, but IMO vision is prolly the best quality to have as a RB.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Bleu Star;1996736 said:
If McFadden is a home run... This guy is a solid Triple every time. The difference? Jones has shown that he won't go down when his legs are touched. He breaks tackles. McFadden, on the other hand, has yet to prove that. I also think Jones has more shiftiness and vision in limited space. Just my 3 cents.
:rolleyes: watch games not highlights

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Rampage;1997059 said:
:rolleyes: watch games not highlights

Don't get upset just because I'm not drinking the McFadden sauce. I'm not about wagering everything for a possibility. ;)

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Bleu Star;1997566 said:
Don't get upset just because I'm not drinking the McFadden sauce. I'm not about wagering everything for a possibility. ;)
if you would rather not move up to get dmac that's cool, it's your opinion. my response was to your comment stating "mcfadden has yet to prove that" with you saying he doesn't break tackles.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Rampage;1997588 said:
if you would rather not move up to get dmac that's cool, it's your opinion. my response was to your comment stating "mcfadden has yet to prove that" with you saying he doesn't break tackles.

He rarely breaks tackles. Better? Once again, opinion of course. A very strong one...

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Bleu Star;1996736 said:
If McFadden is a home run... This guy is a solid Triple every time. The difference? Jones has shown that he won't go down when his legs are touched. He breaks tackles. McFadden, on the other hand, has yet to prove that. I also think Jones has more shiftiness and vision in limited space. Just my 3 cents.

where do some of you get this stuff? Is it because you people are waiting for him to run over an entire team of defenders or something?

the guys a broke tackle machine, and he has a great stiff arm

David

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
dbair1967;1997607 said:
where do some of you get this stuff? Is it because you people are waiting for him to run over an entire team of defenders or something?

the guys a broke tackle machine, and he has a great stiff arm

David

Sorry. I'm not impressed. Not enough to wager the whole first round and Barber.

dbair1967;1997607 said:
Is it because you people are waiting for him to run over an entire team of defenders or something?

David

If we're going to go all in then yes. I want to see plenty of that.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Bleu Star;1997609 said:
Sorry. I'm not impressed. Not enough to wager the whole first round and Barber.

nobody is trading Barber as part of a deal to move up for McFadden...if he gets past Oakland at 4 (unlikely IMO) if the Jets, Patriots or Ravens want to trade down its probably costing anywhere from the two 1sts and a 3rd to just the two 1sts...

to me thats a no brainer...you do it and move up for the dominant, game changing player

David

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
dbair1967;1997611 said:
dominant, game changing player

David

Are we speaking merely on expectation at the NFL level? b/c I haven't seen him change any NFL games yet...

Look, you make sense. It's just not my preference. I would rather shore up the secondary with high quality in the 1st and pickup a strong RB in the 2nd. I'll agree to disagree.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
dbair1967;1997611 said:
nobody is trading Barber as part of a deal to move up for McFadden...if he gets past Oakland at 4 (unlikely IMO) if the Jets, Patriots or Ravens want to trade down its probably costing anywhere from the two 1sts and a 3rd to just the two 1sts...

to me thats a no brainer...you do it and move up for the dominant, game changing player

David
Two firsts and a 3rd? Oh good lord no.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
dbair1967;1997813 said:
Bobby Carpenter and a James Marten?

Good lord yes

David
In this draft, it'd be more like Antoine Cason, Ray Rice and Dexter Jackson. I'd take the three of them over McFadden any day

BigDave95

Reaction score
theogt;1997915 said:
In this draft, it'd be more like Antoine Cason, Ray Rice and Dexter Jackson. I'd take the three of them over McFadden any day

The only one of those four names who has a real shot of putting this team over the top and helping win a super bowl is McFadden. The others are nice players but nothing special.

Make the trade, get McFadden, and then get your CB in the 2nd. Flowers, Justin King, Patrick Lee, Tracy Porter...one of those guys will be around.

Dexter Jackson will never be a starting NFL WR. He's a nice gimmicky little guy who would be fun to watch on punt returns, but he'll never be a legit WR. Might as well draft a day 2 WR.

This team doesn't need 3 decent players. They need one GREAT one.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
BigDave95;1997926 said:
The only one of those four names who has a real shot of putting this team over the top and helping win a super bowl is McFadden. The others are nice players but nothing special.

Make the trade, get McFadden, and then get your CB in the 2nd. Flowers, Justin King, Patrick Lee, Tracy Porter...one of those guys will be around.

Dexter Jackson will never be a starting NFL WR. He's a nice gimmicky little guy who would be fun to watch on punt returns, but he'll never be a legit WR. Might as well draft a day 2 WR.

This team doesn't need 3 decent players. They need one GREAT one.
They may or may not be better NFL players than McFadden. That's undertermined. But their combined effect would almost certainly be greater than McFadden's for this team next year. That's not really up for debate. This team doesn't need a homerun, it needs players that will consistently get on base.

BigDave95

Reaction score
theogt;1997941 said:
They may or may not be better NFL players than McFadden. That's undertermined. But their combined effect would almost certainly be greater than McFadden's for this team next year. That's not really up for debate. This team doesn't need a homerun, it needs players that will consistently get on base.

I absolutely could NOT disagree more. We have plenty of singles hitters already. We need a clean up guy. We need the one player to put this thing over the top.

And sure it's undetermined if McFadden is going to be better than Ray Rice. We don't know for a fact that Jake Long will be a better NFL OT than Barry Richardson but if you apply a little common sense to some film evaluation, I think you could make that educated assumption.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
BigDave95;1997947 said:
I absolutely could NOT disagree more. We have plenty of singles hitters already. We need a clean up guy. We need the one player to put this thing over the top.

And sure it's undetermined if McFadden is going to be better than Ray Rice. We don't know for a fact that Jake Long will be a better NFL OT than Barry Richardson but if you apply a little common sense to some film evaluation, I think you could make that educated assumption.
I actually think Rice will be more productive in the long run than McFadden. But that's just me. And looking for the knock out punch is just not a wise decision in my view. We need lots of good young players for years to come.

BigDave95

Reaction score
theogt;1997952 said:
I actually think Rice will be more productive in the long run than McFadden. But that's just me. And looking for the knock out punch is just not a wise decision in my view. We need lots of good young players for years to come.

I agree with you in principle. I like the idea of building a team with lots and lots of solid players. Tons of depth, tons of youth... solid players all over the field.

No need to overspend on shiny free agents. Be very conservative and pick your shots. Save your ammunition for the right moment.

THIS IS THAT RIGHT MOMENT!!

If you have a team filled with solid players and then inject a superstar here and there, that's when you have a Super Bowl champion. Darren McFadden can be that special player...that superstar.

It's time to pull the trigger.

BigDave95

Reaction score
BigDave95;1997962 said:
I agree with you in principle. I like the idea of building a team with lots and lots of solid players. Tons of depth, tons of youth... solid players all over the field.

No need to overspend on shiny free agents. Be very conservative and pick your shots. Save your ammunition for the right moment.

THIS IS THAT RIGHT MOMENT!!

If you have a team filled with solid players and then inject a superstar here and there, that's when you have a Super Bowl champion. Darren McFadden can be that special player...that superstar.

It's time to pull the trigger.

That sounded a little Barrack Obama-ish. Sorry about that.