Felix Jones officially on IR **merged**

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
This is worse than a kick to the pills.

I really like that guy so much. I hope this doesn't effect him long term.

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
:bang2: This stinks, really liked the way Felix was playing. Whenever he went in I thought he was taking it to the house. He will be missed. Hopefully the coaches won't be scared to use Choice a little more now.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
610x.jpg

Barber: get hurt so I can be the workhouse back FOREVER!

yes

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
unfreaking real!!!

******, I was so looking forward to his return...

sigh.

Get better Uncle Felix.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
this really sucks its ironic how both RB's that we most wanted talking about Jones and Mendenhall both had season ending injuries their rookie year... ah well its better he gets healed now than risk ruining his career which still looks very promising! Good thing we got choice and i have he gets to spell barber a little more. he's obviously no where near as fast as Felix but i think the few times that he's played he's a showed a very nice burst that i didnt know he had! we will be alright!

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
i get home from work and get this news..:bang2: :bang2:

suddenly my dos equis does not taste as good.

the only silver lining is maybe choice gets some carries now.

i love the way he hits the hole.

Kilyin

Reaction score
tyrone_biggums.jpg

He's been away for a while but he's back around.

"Ya'll tell anyone, I'll kill ya!"

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Romo2Owens4six;2432204 said:
so will it be Alonzo Coleman?............we should call Keon Lattimore.:D

Lattimore is a better back than Coleman, but he is not the complement that is needed for Barber.

Coleman has good timed speed, but his game speed has yet to show up. I say bring in someone like Danny Woodhead. Woodhead has great instincts, but more importantly he has homerun ability whether from the backfield, the slot or returning kicks.

The fact that he was a d3 player (tho one of the best ever), and tiny (meaning "short" 5'8 200 4.3) is why he is not even on a PS. He's also recovered from his injury suffered during the Jets TC.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
BAT;2432359 said:
Lattimore is a better back than Coleman, but he is not the complement that is needed for Barber.

Coleman has good timed speed, but his game speed has yet to show up. I say bring in someone like Danny Woodhead. Woodhead has great instincts, but more importantly he has homerun ability whether from the backfield, the slot or returning kicks.

The fact that he was a d3 player (tho one of the best ever), and tiny (meaning "short" 5'8 200 4.3) is why he is not even on a PS. He's also recovered from his injury suffered during the Jets TC.

If you're referring to Colemon he's on our PS. IDK where Lattimore ended up.

Ren

Reaction score
lane;2432267 said:
i get home from work and get this news..:bang2: :bang2:

suddenly my dos equis does not taste as good.

the only silver lining is maybe choice gets some carries now.

i love the way he hits the hole.

I think they might have been planning to spell Barber more once Felix came back but now that he's out they have no choice but to play Choice more. I can't see Barber lasting the rest of the season with his current work load

burmafrd

Reaction score
Yeah you cannot keep loading down Barber like we did against the skins on a continuing basis- he will either get injured or worn down.

Choice is a real good back and should be able to spell barber no trouble.

I can see Red Ball going even more to the passing game now. Which is good since we have Roy now.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Ren;2432388 said:
I think they might have been planning to spell Barber more once Felix came back but now that he's out they have no choice but to play Choice more. I can't see Barber lasting the rest of the season with his current work load

me neither...barber is more fun to watch than a box full of kittens..but he makes my body hurt watching him.

we need choice to spell him..

you hear me garrett?

huh...you hear me you son of a ?

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Having Felix would have made this team unstoppable IMO. Oh well.... I guess the popular choice is to see what Choice can do. he makes good cuts and has good vision, but he is nowhere near as explosive...but I know someone who is...and yes, he is available....

bsandrs.jpg

Hey, I'm allowed to dream, right?

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
jdub2k4;2432517 said:
Having Felix would have made this team unstoppable IMO. Oh well.... I guess the popular choice is to see what Choice can do. he makes good cuts and has good vision, but he is nowhere near as explosive...but I know someone who is...and yes, he is available....

bsandrs.jpg

Hey, I'm allowed to dream, right?

I rather have Choice. I know atleast he aint quittin'....

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
joseephuss;2431921 said:
Choice blocked very well in the pre-season. There should be no difference between Tashard's blocking and Felix's blocking. Both are rookies that are going to make mistakes.

That's what bothers me. Rookies. Hopefully he can block because I don't want to see Romo getting up slow or holding his money arm.

burmafrd;2432454 said:
Yeah you cannot keep loading down Barber like we did against the skins on a continuing basis- he will either get injured or worn down.

Choice is a real good back and should be able to spell barber no trouble.

I can see Red Ball going even more to the passing game now. Which is good since we have Roy now.

Maybe. I do think MB is running with more smarts. He does go out of bounds and avoids brutal contact at times. But I do worry. I think they will ride him when they want until he does start to show too many knicks and wear though. TC will get more snaps if he can block and demonstrate knowing when to block. He also needs to know when to stay in and run hot routes. It's more than blocking.