Felix Jones officially on IR **merged**

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;2431700 said:
can Danny Amendola play RB?

JK... Looks like it's Alonzo Coleman time. Michael Bennett was recently available but San Diego just signed him. Same deal with Tatum Bell. I'm not sure what other street free agents are out there.

I think we'll be fine with Tashard Choice taking a few carries from Barber. There just won't be contrasting styles. Barber will hit you in the mouth and then Choice will come in and hit you in the mouth.

I hope Isaiah Stanback can finally man up, stay healthy, and show something as a kick returner.

Choice can run. But can he block?

I'm not counting on Stanback to do anything with that shoulder. He really should just go ahead with the surgery, IMO. He doesn't really contribute. And I'm not certain he can with his injuries.

HeavyHitta31;2431775 said:
Sorry, but I refuse to believe you played football with a TORN ligament in your ankle. Strained or hyperextended ligament? MAYBE, but it's damn near impossible to even walk correctly with a torn ligament anywhere in your foot.

A strain, sprain, and tear are all the same. We just use strain for small ones, sprains for worse and tears for bad ones.

THEHEREAFTER;2431776 said:
The big toe is probably your most important body part for an athlete.

Well no but I get the idea. Your great toe provides a lot of balance and more. A RB needs it more than you and I. Not a good injury for an athlete.

AKATheRake;2431862 said:
Well, not to add insult to injury but it's better than turf toe this way. This can be fixed. Their able to take you toe right off and put it back on nowadays. The turf toe would follow him throughout his career. This is terrible news nonetheless.

Turf toe is what he has. That's a lay term for several things but he has the worse thing associated with that term. And that's a big time surgery although I've never seen it done. Just from hearing about it. Even the specialty in orthopedics for foot and ankle is relatively new.

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
I hope the team has enough sense to give MB some rest when possible now.

Not sure with his style of running he can survive the year without rest.
Choice has to step up .

joseephuss

Reaction score
jobberone;2431894 said:
Choice can run. But can he block?

Choice blocked very well in the pre-season. There should be no difference between Tashard's blocking and Felix's blocking. Both are rookies that are going to make mistakes.

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2431884 said:
Did they rush him back?

It's hard to say but they reaaly pushed him to get back. I have been suggesting to bring him back slowly, not saying they didn't, but was telling fans not to be in a hurry.

The hammy injury probably ended up Felix to hurt is toe because of the instability of the leg. JMO!

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Figures. Should have known. With this team, with this staff and the reporting that has been going on, should have known that it was more. We'll be lucky if Austin doesn't show up missing a leg sometime this week.

CowboysFan02

Degree or Bust
Reaction score
Think it might be time for a new medical staff, Koiser, Newman and now Felix have possibly been rushed back (possibly) causing them to get injured further.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hoofbite;2431942 said:
Figures. Should have known. With this team, with this staff and the reporting that has been going on, should have known that it was more. We'll be lucky if Austin doesn't show up missing a leg sometime this week.

LOL!

I thought the same thing.

God almighty... I just don't know what it is with this team the reporting/misinterpreting injuries.

joseephuss

Reaction score
CowboysFan02;2431945 said:
Think it might be time for a new medical staff, Koiser, Newman and now Felix have possibly been rushed back (possibly) causing them to get injured further.

Add in Roy Williams.

This medical staff is even worse than the one in the early 90s. That staff told Aikman that his back was fine. He got a second opinion and had surgery prior to the 91 season. That staff also misdiagnosed Jimmy Smith's appendicitis.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Hoofbite;2431942 said:

Lol.. the funny thing is... rewatching the skins game. Austin was in on the very last play. He was the deep "precautionary" guy when Romo took his last snap... ***?

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Romo2Owens4six;2431660 said:
crrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaapppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!:bang2:

My sentiments exactly. I would just add... :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I just heard this.

Man this sucks.

We had better make sure we have choice and battle if he comes up ready to play. With the physical games coming up, we cant just give it to barber 25 times every week.

bigE79

Reaction score
joseephuss;2431950 said:
Add in Roy Williams.

This medical staff is even worse than the one in the early 90s. That staff told Aikman that his back was fine. He got a second opinion and had surgery prior to the 91 season. That staff also misdiagnosed Jimmy Smith's appendicitis.
If they were that bad,how can you explain almost 3 to 4 years of being almost injury free with the same staff ?:star:

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bigE79;2431970 said:
If they were that bad,how can you explain almost 3 to 4 years of being almost injury free with the same staff ?:star:
Because during those 3-4 years, BP almost never reported injuries or at least didn't give updates. Pressers started off with "no change" and that would be the end of it.

Wade OTOH gives ham-handed updates, but reveal just as little as BP.

joseephuss

Reaction score
bigE79;2431970 said:

Maybe because the guys just didn't get injured. They missed two big injuries that I gave in my examples. That was pretty bad. Plus I said this staff was worse. They would have missed those same injuries to Aikman and Smith.

Ren

Reaction score
I jokingly said back when they said this was a 2 week injury just watch he's not gonna play again this year, it's not really the same thing but :bang2::bang2::bang2:

zeroburrito

Reaction score
we did ok with julius last year. we just have to hope choice is just as good(should be easy).