Film Breakdown

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Smith is getting old. And when you have multiple back problems it robs you of your agility and makes you seem older. Plus he probably played less then Dak did and remember how we kept giving these vets time off? How did that work out for Lee even? We may not start hitting our stride until the 3rd or 4th game. Hopefully we can win a game or two during this stretch.

He's only 27 years old.

MrPhil

Reaction score
is calling Dak a backup name calling? It has done wonders for Gary zubiak, Doug Pederson, frank Reich and Jason Garrett to name a few!

I suppose it is, but I was more referring to the personal insults that occur here between posters on the topic...and they come from both sides.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Coaches should not get a pass. They chose to start Dak and not bring in a suitable replacement or at least a good backup. He left a lot of questions the second half of the season last year that should have alerted the staff that he may not be the guy. That said, I'm not completely of the train yet, I might be if we had another option. Since we don't I will continue to hope for Dak to get back on track.

Agreed, if they can't see during OTAs and pre-season that there are issues with our QBs, then were dealing with another big issue, which we know we have...lol.

As far as coaching the QBs up, they hired a (insert young age here) ex QB with no coaching experience to do it. The results show it to be a bad move. Dak and Rush regressed, White has no pocket presence.

All we can do is hope Dak figures it out, if he can't then on the bright side we'll have a high 1st round pick and hopefully a new HC.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It is actually five guys (not the burger place) running the same route. The RB just runs a shorter version of the same route.

Yep, no crossing, slants, post...All curls and hooks.

Also, no chance to catch the ball on the run for YAC.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
If that's how you feel why don't you put up your own video countering everything he said? instead of just insulting the guy for giving his opinion? I watched his video and while i didn't agree with everything he said, i thought he made alot of valid points. Alot more than you ever seem to make
Some of us have to work than live in mommy's basement and have all day to create your own badly misinformed and biased videos.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I like his videos. The guy is working hard to put out his analysis. Agree or disagree you have to like the effort. That said what I don't like about the video is little to no talk about conditions, lack of true passing lanes, lack of tempo or rhythm on O, and the lack of time Dak had. I also think a lot of what plagued the team was that they did not play during the preseason. The decision to blow off game 3 of the PS is mind boggling. Everyone in the league uses that as the final dress rehearsal. Regulars play a half or even into the 3rd Q. Not in Dallas where veterans are given days off for no apparent reason. The rust really showed especially for the OL, Dak, and Sean Lee.
This (in bold and underlined) ^^^^

Which proves the bias and idiocy of the creator, Akoye, and all of the ones falling for his crap. Like Beasley recently said, "People who don't understand and are full of ....."

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
I watched Sturm's "decoding Linehan," much better, agenda free analysis. Give it a try!

khiladi

Reaction score
Dallas uses shotgun, because they sent back to being comfortable with what Dak did in college. Linehan in year 1 limited his 5-7 drops as well, because he wasn’t good at it.

The difference between year 1 and the other years is that Zeke was gaining significant yardage on first down and putting Dallas in short yardage situations.

https://www.seccountry.com/mississippi-state/dak-prescott-foot-work

zerofill

Reaction score
I don’t need Akoye or whatever his name is, to tell me Dak played bad.

He’s just another fan who watches the film.

But yes. Dak didn’t play well. He is hesitating and not seeing the field right now. That needs to change.

I saw his stuff, plus clips all over... actually didn't even have the sound up. But, man is it bad... We have a 3yr starting QB, that Darnold could school on how to look at the field. I can't get over that, at the highest skill position, on the most prominent team in the NFL.

zerofill

Reaction score
Curls & Hooks, thats what they mean by "Dak friendly"

Heck those curls and slants, and hooks, and outs, would be money... if we had a real QB. That would open the run, open up for shots down the field. Except we actually had wide open shots down the field... I mean wide open, I mean college separation open in that game, when you start looking at all the clips out there, with all the angles.

The funny thing is... I was never sold on Dak, but in 2016... one of the things I gave him credit for was keeping his eyes down field, and going through his reads... how the heck do you do that as a rookie, yet forget to do that the next 2 seasons? I don't even comprehend how you lose that ability.

Blake

Reaction score

Here it is.

Linehan gets a pass. The national media circus will take care of Dak. He's regressed to the point of being a liability. Maybe he comes prepared to dispel the snowballing narrative next game, but I sort of doubt it.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I saw his stuff, plus clips all over... actually didn't even have the sound up. But, man is it bad... We have a 3yr starting QB, that Darnold could school on how to look at the field. I can't get over that, at the highest skill position, on the most prominent team in the NFL.

What sucks is, Dak has regressed in this area. He was better at seeing the field, going through his progressions and pulling the trigger as a rookie.

The question is, why is he regressing and can something be done to stop his regression?

With our coaches I have zero faith in it. But if he doesn’t find a way to start doing that again, it won’t end well.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Heck those curls and slants, and hooks, and outs, would be money... if we had a real QB. That would open the run, open up for shots down the field. Except we actually had wide open shots down the field... I mean wide open, I mean college separation open in that game, when you start looking at all the clips out there, with all the angles.

The funny thing is... I was never sold on Dak, but in 2016... one of the things I gave him credit for was keeping his eyes down field, and going through his reads... how the heck do you do that as a rookie, yet forget to do that the next 2 seasons? I don't even comprehend how you lose that ability.

When I was teaching my teen daughter to drive I told her to look in her rear view and side view mirrors before changing lanes. One day as she was driving she looked in both mirrors and started to get over but a car was there. I asked her how did she miss seeing the car and it was just as I suspected, she was going throw the motion of looking at the mirrors but she wasn't actually taking in the info that the mirrors provided. I don't know if Dak has decided before the snap on who he's going to throw to and just goes through the motion of going through his reads and not taking in the info that reads are providing.

zerofill

Reaction score
And another thing, how does som
What sucks is, Dak has regressed in this area. He was better at seeing the field, going through his progressions and pulling the trigger as a rookie.

The question is, why is he regressing and can something be done to stop his regression?

With our coaches I have zero faith in it. But if he doesn’t find a way to start doing that again, it won’t end well.

Honestly, scanning the field was one of the pluses his rookie year... I have no idea how he got into doing that crap. I used to say no one wanted Kaepernick because he was a 1 read, and run QB... Dak is like that now, except he doesn't even run either.

He already had poor mechanics, and tendencies... That Akoye guy, I went back to his clip... turned the volume up to see what he was referring to. He was referring to Dak running towards where he is throwing the ball. That part I never really thought about...

Then I looked at a lot of Dak clips, and highlights... He does that crap all the time. You don't see elite QBs doing that. If they do do it, they set their friggin feet right before throwing it.

He has way too much to overcome... I mean you would need a miracle to make him good, let alone elite.

The receivers getting open... they are going to quit trying, if they are never even seen. He is a professional NFL QB, even he has to know without being told, that he isn't looking at the field. He gets blindsided by sacks, because he can't even see them coming out of his peripheral.

I mean holy crap man... how is that even possible?

His interviews are even rubbing me the wrong way now, because I don't think he truly feels he is doing things wrong.

It is bad... and I mean so bad, that they need to bench him. Maybe that would make him realize he is screwing up bad, and wake up. He isn't even a bus driver now, he couldn't handle a a Yugo.