Film Breakdown

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
No because idiots like him don't take into account the circumstances happening in the pocket, how long it's taking the receivers to get open, were they open or not when Dak first looked at them before reading off his progression to another receiver, what was going on with the protection during that play and at whom was Dak looking at first since he's only got 1 pair of eyes, etc. It's obviously too hard for some people like Okoye to take everything into account other than to say, "Look, Hurns was open! Look, Beasley was open!" ...Etc, etc. Which tells me the dude probably never played football, especially QB. And if he did play football, he was either a bench warmer or the waterboy or worse.
Do you understand the responsibility of the QB position? He must antcipate who is going to be open based on where the defender is and where he KNOWS the receiver is going! So the receiver might not be open at first glance...but will be based on the positioning of the defense. Conversely, dak has to decide quickly if the first receiver he looks at is going to ever be open on that play...and if not...quickly move on. If you do not have a QB that can do that...you either have a backup...or someone who is simply not NFL caliber!

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Perhaps just speculation on my part but, things tend to get personal when the name-calling starts.
is calling Dak a backup name calling? It has done wonders for Gary zubiak, Doug Pederson, frank Reich and Jason Garrett to name a few!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If I pasted a goofy Lawnation "Breakdown" vid in a thread titled "MUST SEE" I'd expect to catch some crap. Sorry if I'm not interested in discussing akoye's "take". I'll leave it to you guys. Have a goodin'.

Smith is getting old. And when you have multiple back problems it robs you of your agility and makes you seem older. Plus he probably played less then Dak did and remember how we kept giving these vets time off? How did that work out for Lee even? We may not start hitting our stride until the 3rd or 4th game. Hopefully we can win a game or two during this stretch.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
is calling Dak a backup name calling? It has done wonders for Gary zubiak, Doug Pederson, frank Reich and Jason Garrett to name a few!

If we had a legitimate veteran QB in here in his prime that was winning games, then sure Dak would be the backup. But we don't so the young QB is our starter. Trial by fire. Apparently the fire didn't really start until halfway through his 2nd year.

BigD49

Reaction score
No because idiots like him don't take into account the circumstances happening in the pocket, how long it's taking the receivers to get open, were they open or not when Dak first looked at them before reading off his progression to another receiver, what was going on with the protection during that play and at whom was Dak looking at first since he's only got 1 pair of eyes, etc. It's obviously too hard for some people like Okoye to take everything into account other than to say, "Look, Hurns was open! Look, Beasley was open!" ...Etc, etc. Which tells me the dude probably never played football, especially QB. And if he did play football, he was either a bench warmer or the waterboy or worse.

Bahahahah the amount of salt in this post is unreal - the "or worse" at the end has me dying :lmao2:

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
If we had a legitimate veteran QB in here in his prime that was winning games, then sure Dak would be the backup. But we don't so the young QB is our starter. Trial by fire. Apparently the fire didn't really start until halfway through his 2nd year.
There are BASIC things he is not doing. That is what has convinced me you are never winning a super bowl with him as your starter!

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
Smith is getting old. And when you have multiple back problems it robs you of your agility and makes you seem older. Plus he probably played less then Dak did and remember how we kept giving these vets time off? How did that work out for Lee even? We may not start hitting our stride until the 3rd or 4th game. Hopefully we can win a game or two during this stretch.
I think you meant to quote someone else in this thread. Regardless, I agree with you about Smith.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
There are BASIC things he is not doing. That is what has convinced me you are never winning a super bowl with him as your starter!

These are honestly the kind of numb posts that do nothing for a rational conversation. You want to talk about his issues and problems, great, lets have at it. But to just sit there and say you know for sure is just dumb. The kid is a 3rd year QB. With bad coaching, a Oline in shambles and new, marginal receivers. Romo wasn't even starting at this point in his career. Didn't start until halfway through his 4th year. Now if he doesn't fix some of these issues, then sure, the likelihood is not good. But I understand if you want to give up already. Just kind of mindless to come here after every game and say the same dumb nonsense over and over again.

At least with the Garrett haters they have 12 years of evidence. Although I FIRMLY admit that I was saying how bad Garrett sucked in his 2nd season. :yourock:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Tank the season? After one game?

Personally, I just tell Dak to let fly. He is like a stallion that still needs to be broken. I would honestly tell the kid that he needs to throw at least 2 or 3 picks next game. Dak either needs to be broken or he never will be. Better to find out sooner then later. If that tanks the season so be it. This is a PROCESS season anyway.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Really good breakdown, from watching this we may have to give Linehan a pass this week and really focus on just how bad Dak played.
Coaches should not get a pass. They chose to start Dak and not bring in a suitable replacement or at least a good backup. He left a lot of questions the second half of the season last year that should have alerted the staff that he may not be the guy. That said, I'm not completely of the train yet, I might be if we had another option. Since we don't I will continue to hope for Dak to get back on track.

LittleD

Reaction score
Coaches should not get a pass. They chose to start Dak and not bring in a suitable replacement or at least a good backup. He left a lot of questions the second half of the season last year that should have alerted the staff that he may not be the guy. That said, I'm not completely of the train yet, I might be if we had another option. Since we don't I will continue to hope for Dak to get back on track.

They all should go and now. That includes Jerry and Stephen as well.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
This was full of just amateur analysis. I think he is not a fan of dak.
But the thing is dak is all we have for time being.
Jones boys chose Dak over Romo, so to give up on Dak is sayiing they made a mistake, and they cant have that.

Flamma

Reaction score
Do you understand the responsibility of the QB position? He must antcipate who is going to be open based on where the defender is and where he KNOWS the receiver is going! So the receiver might not be open at first glance...but will be based on the positioning of the defense. Conversely, dak has to decide quickly if the first receiver he looks at is going to ever be open on that play...and if not...quickly move on. If you do not have a QB that can do that...you either have a backup...or someone who is simply not NFL caliber!

I noticed on a lot of those plays Dak is waiting for the guys to break open instead of throwing it just before they break open. He's not anticipating where they are going to be. So by the time they break open he's either under pressure or it's too late. Those windows stay open only briefly.