Film Breakdown

pansophy

Reaction score
No pass for Linehan. You need to earn these free passes and he hasn’t.
They scapegoated Dez last season. Now it’s Daks turn.
These losers need a fall guy.

Real coaches don’t scapegoat your players. You put them in position to succeed with their strengths.
He shouldn’t be surprised by anything his QB does good or bad. Any coach that doesn’t know what he has in a player is clueless.

This offense has need perfect execution from all 11 guys on every play for years.
If they were rusty then that’s on the coaches for not practicing and playing before the 1st game.
Hard to argue that when you can watch the film and see guys open all over the field, whether you agree with this particular analysis or not.

blueblood70

Reaction score
WOW I watched this video and the first half is squarely on Tsmith..he was horrible..leave all else on the table but Jeez *** happened to Tsmith..he missed way more assignments then the rookie and Looney.. this has to be rust and next PS we better learn from this and regardless of injury you play your starters more!!

second wow is we had tons of intermediate to long routes open and Dak missed them or threw a bad ball..looking back at this we should have easily beat Carolina but too many mental mistakes ughh

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
Well I'm trying to get you, on a Dallas Cowboys Football message board, to talk about our QBs play but 90% of your post have been about this youtuber. Obsess much?
If I pasted a goofy Lawnation "Breakdown" vid in a thread titled "MUST SEE" I'd expect to catch some crap. Sorry if I'm not interested in discussing akoye's "take". I'll leave it to you guys. Have a goodin'.

erod

Reaction score
Wow, this guy doesn't know spit about football.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Stopped watching when he said if the Cowboys execute 10-15% more, the scheme is effective. They scored 8 points in the modern NFL.

blueblood70

Reaction score
this was a great breakdown it shows how wide open our WRs and TE were on many lays and missed..No way Romo misses that many wide open guys..Dak does have issues staring down his Primary and not seeing the other side of the field..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Stopped watching when he said if the Cowboys execute 10-15% more, the scheme is effective. They scored 8 points in the modern NFL.
hes correct watch the video between bad oline pay early and Dak missing some wide open players it would have easily been win if we had a Qb that can see the field and release the ball on time..Im starting to lose all my confidence in dak..during real TV time watching the game you dont see all this but that film really shows how bad Dak has been..

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
hes correct watch the video between bad oline pay early and Dak missing some wide open players it would have easily been win if we had a Qb that can see the field and release the ball on time..Im starting to lose all my confidence in dak..during real TV time watching the game you dont see all this but that film really shows how bad Dak has been..

I am no Dak apologist, but the problem with these breakdowns from this guy is that he doesn't know the assignments, doesn't know the progressions, and doesn't know the hot reads. You can point out plays where Dak didn't deliver a good ball, and there are a lot of them, but a lot of the video is pointing out open guys that Dak doesn't see. It is an exercise in futility.

Last edited:

birdwells1

Reaction score
If I pasted a goofy Lawnation "Breakdown" vid in a thread titled "MUST SEE" I'd expect to catch some crap. Sorry if I'm not interested in discussing akoye's "take". I'll leave it to you guys. Have a goodin'.

The difference is I'd listen to his analysis, then post what I agreed with and what I didn't after watching the associated video. I didn't ask you about his take, I asked you about the video footage but you still haven't/won't talk about the all22 you just want to talk about youtubers.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
The difference is I'd listen to his analysis, then post what I agreed with and what I didn't after watching the associated video. I didn't ask you about his take, I asked you about the video footage but you still haven't/won't talk about the all22 you just want to talk about youtubers.

Looks like he just deleted the video.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I am no Dak apologist, but the problem with these breakdowns is that he doesn't know the assignments, doesn't know the progressions, and doesn't know the hot reads. You can point out plays where Dak didn't deliver a good ball, and there are a lot of them, but a lot of the video is pointing out open guys that Dak doesn't see. It is an exercise in futility.
I have been a supporter and trying to stay on the wagon but im starting to wonder if Rush or white should start t see some playtime..i know they wont be instantly better but im thinking White might at least front he traditional QB thought process they are looking to throw the ball down field, they are the new spread them out and throw it 50times school of thought..the dink and dunk or run guy the RPO only guy like Dak is missing wide open opportunity's..I mean you have to see the entire field, Romo may not have been elite but he would have hit these guys because he was looking down field the entire field is scanned..

Ken

Reaction score
Akoye is not a pro scout but what he's saying is that there was some plays to be made and I agree. He's doesn't trust what he sees nor do he trust his ability to complete those plays, additionally some of the sacks are due to this.
I haven't watched it yet...but he also said it was Dak last year with the biased video he produced where bad passes were all on dak regardless of circumstance. Notice Dez is not playing in the league this year.

According to him, he would would be tearing the league up this year.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Really good breakdown, from watching this we may have to give Linehan a pass this week and really focus on just how bad Dak played.
Nope.

Dak has had the same flaws since day 1, and they haven't been able to create a system that hides them or plays to his strengths. JG and Linehan are complicit in setting their QB up for failure.

Verdict

Reaction score
I don’t need Akoye or whatever his name is, to tell me Dak played bad.

He’s just another fan who watches the film.

But yes. Dak didn’t play well. He is hesitating and not seeing the field right now. That needs to change.

Yes he played bad. He just needs to stop thinking so much.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Nope.

Dak has had the same flaws since day 1, and they haven't been able to create a system that hides them or plays to his strengths. JG and Linehan are complicit in setting their QB up for failure.

It’s the same system really.

Looks like they are just running classic NFL schemes.

He played well through 24 games running those schemes and since Atlanta he’s regressed.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
His movement in the pocket is awful. Always ducking his head, taking huge strides, and getting completely off balance. He doesn't put himself in a position to throw.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
this was a great breakdown it shows how wide open our WRs and TE were on many lays and missed..No way Romo misses that many wide open guys..Dak does have issues staring down his Primary and not seeing the other side of the field..

The difference is Romo knew where the ball should go before he snapped it.

Dak may know but he has to see it and check with himself that he saw it right before finally releases it.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
It’s the same system really.

Looks like they are just running classic NFL schemes.

He played well through 24 games running those schemes and since Atlanta he’s regressed.
Yes, but he had the same struggles in getting the ball downfield in those first 24 games as well.