Film of how Lance struggled so badly in preseason, the 49ers were forced to trade him

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You will never solve anything letting others dictate what you should do. My goodness. You think just like Jerry.
You think like a typical, casual armchair fan. If fans like you ran the team, the Cowboys would be out of the playoffs by week 12 or sooner. You wouldn’t be looking to clean house with a 12-5 team that just won the NFC East especially if you were 81 years old.

Gambit

Reaction score
Based on this theory......I'm believing in Mazi now. Just have to wait another 2 or 3 years.
Do you imagine in the NFL where there are 224 or so players drafted each year that Mazi and Trey are the only 2 who ever need time to develop?

Gambit

Reaction score
Good advice. However, from his class of QBs he has been given the least chance even when he came back from injury. How can anyone know what he can do if he doesn't see the field. I understand development is important especially from an experienced QB but if he's not the answer then why the heck is he in Dallas?
He will get his shot in preseason. He missed all of Training Camp here, all of QB school here and all the installs of offense here.

Gambit

Reaction score
Competition. Even if we sit at whatever draft position we're at, if there is a QB there or near, take him. Let's get the competition going around here.
Sure if you move on from Dak. If you keep him we have too many needs to draft a QB just for competition

Merlin

Reaction score
You think like a typical, casual armchair fan. If fans like you ran the team, the Cowboys would be out of the playoffs by week 12 or sooner. You wouldn’t be looking to clean house with a 12-5 team that just won the NFC East especially if you were 81 years old.
Your problem is that you are incapable of any critical thinking kinda like Jerry.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
The 49ers paid 3 number 1 draft picks for Lance. The Cowboys got him for a 4th-rounder. For such a low price, the Cowboys can afford to throw him against the wall and see if he sticks. It's a gamble with low stakes.

bysbox1

Reaction score
The going rate for just a good QB is $40M and rising. That’s the NFL we live in. If you don’t pay that you’re going to be stuck with either a rookie QB or a veteran castoff who’s bouncing around the league. The clock is ticking on Jerry, and at his age he’s not going to blow this team up or leave it without a QB that gives the team hope. He wants to keep this team challenging for the NFC East, and that will be his approach. The Cowboys have gone through the same dilemma with every HC and QB they’ve had the past 20 years.

They have good regular seasons that don’t translate to the playoffs. Too many fans are putting it entirely on the QB. They did the same thing when Romo was here. This is a team issue and no one can figure out what the problem is. Players on both sides of the ball aren’t showing up in the playoffs. In four playoff games Parsons has only ONE sack. He was a complete no-show on Sunday like the rest of the defense. It’s not just our QB but good luck convincing some of you of that.
I don't disagree with you especially about the QB. I personally just can't justify giving Dak $59 million. $30 mill on a cap friendly incentive deal, okay. But he's no Mahomes or Josh Allan and we should not pay him as such. But he'll still probably hit our cap for $35-$40 million.

But if Dallas issues are a team problem (which I think it is) and if players on both side of the ball aren't showing up in the playoffs (which is accurate) isn't that on coaching?

Also how can we explain why they can't beat Playoff caliber teams - Bills, Dolphins, Eagles in their house, 49ers? Then get hammered by the Cardinals who basically did the same thing that GB did to us in the playoffs? And we were one play away from losing to Detroit - another playoff caliber team, which I personally think if the Lions would have kicked the extra point and took it to overtime I don't know if we we win that game.

If you really dig down, and we know they don't play big when they need to play big (teams with winning records, teams during the "tournament") do we really have the right coaching in house?

And are you really going to change culture with the existing staff? You think McCarthy is going to go hard 75 in one summer and change? With one year left on his contract? Do you really think the players will buy that after doing what he's been doing for 4 years?

All these things and not showing up sounds like coaching to me. And sometimes it does not matter if you are 81 years old or 51 years old, you have to do the right thing for the team to improve and get over the playoff hurdle. I mean Detroit had not won a playoff game in 31 years. For 31 years they kept doing the same thing over and over. Then ownership (new person from old regime) said enough and changed the culture. Now look at them. Do players or leadership dictate culture?

chagus

Reaction score
He was redshirted in 2018. I don't know what the reason was. I just feel one man's trash can be another man's treasure. We need to give him a look see.
Exactly. At this point, what would it hurt? We OBVIOUSLY know the outcome if its business as usual so why not shake things up? Whats the worse that can happen? The SAME?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Your problem is that you are incapable of any critical thinking kinda like Jerry.
You incapable like a lot of fans of rational thinking. We’ve argued this long enough. We don’t agree and nothing we say is going to change that.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I don't disagree with you especially about the QB. I personally just can't justify giving Dak $59 million. $30 mill on a cap friendly incentive deal, okay. But he's no Mahomes or Josh Allan and we should not pay him as such. But he'll still probably hit our cap for $35-$40 million.

But if Dallas issues are a team problem (which I think it is) and if players on both side of the ball aren't showing up in the playoffs (which is accurate) isn't that on coaching?

Also how can we explain why they can't beat Playoff caliber teams - Bills, Dolphins, Eagles in their house, 49ers? Then get hammered by the Cardinals who basically did the same thing that GB did to us in the playoffs? And we were one play away from losing to Detroit - another playoff caliber team, which I personally think if the Lions would have kicked the extra point and took it to overtime I don't know if we we win that game.

If you really dig down, and we know they don't play big when they need to play big (teams with winning records, teams during the "tournament") do we really have the right coaching in house?

And are you really going to change culture with the existing staff? You think McCarthy is going to go hard 75 in one summer and change? With one year left on his contract? Do you really think the players will buy that after doing what he's been doing for 4 years?

All these things and not showing up sounds like coaching to me. And sometimes it does not matter if you are 81 years old or 51 years old, you have to do the right thing for the team to improve and get over the playoff hurdle. I mean Detroit had not won a playoff game in 31 years. For 31 years they kept doing the same thing over and over. Then ownership (new person from old regime) said enough and changed the culture. Now look at them. Do players or leadership dictate culture?
Everyone has an opinion so no point going any further with this. Most fans want to move on from Dak and that could lead to even bigger problems, if we’re left without a capable replacement. It’s very difficult to find a QB that can win during the regular season and the postseason. Since Troy Aikman was released the Cowboys have gone through 4 head coaches and more than 5 starting QBs and it’s only led to 4 playoff wins. No matter who the head coach is or the QB it’s the same problem in the playoffs.

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
Exactly. At this point, what would it hurt? We OBVIOUSLY know the outcome if its business as usual so why not shake things up? Whats the worse that can happen? The SAME?
Right. We always waste players on the sidelines. Either they are going to develop him or not. Don't get what the rationale behind getting him in the first place.