Film of how Lance struggled so badly in preseason, the 49ers were forced to trade him

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Works for Dak and guys like you are content with it. What you can't do is extend Dak at $55+ million a year! Not sure why some guys can't figure that out. Then there's CD Lamb and Parsons too. Do the math and look at the numbers. This team will never win with a high paid choke artist like Dak.
I’m not content with him but without a real solid QB which he’s shown he is during the regular season we’ll miss the playoffs every year. We won’t have any hope with a lesser QB. We’ll end up like Washington and a few other teams rotating QBs trying to find an answer. I know enough about football to know Jerry isn’t moving on from Dak until he has a better option he knows his team can stay in contention with. Dak will be back next season whether the fan base likes it or not.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
A recipe for mediocrity. Extending Dak will cripple this franchise. We are done here. Not arguing with Dak lovers anymore.
I’m not a Dak lover, I’m a realist. We’ve gone 12-5 three straight seasons with a couple of division titles. A recipe for mediocrity is leaving yourself without a viable starting QB.

Merlin

Reaction score
I’m not a Dak lover, I’m a realist. We’ve gone 12-5 three straight seasons with a couple of division titles. A recipe for mediocrity is leaving yourself without a viable starting QB.
Dak is not a viable option to take this team far in the playoffs or to win a Superbowl. 12-5 means nothing when you can't win a home game against the #7 seed. That's mediocrity. Thinking that is alright. Jerry has sold some fans on his BS.

FoxF

Reaction score
Let’s just see if he can beat out Rush for backup next preseason and take things from there. That is where we are at in concern to Lance.

Merlin

Reaction score
So did JaMarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf and many other QBs that went bust.
So just give Dak $55 mil. Rebuild if you have to. This is unaceptable. You obviously don't want to give Trey Lance a chance to prove himself. How many chance will Dak be given to prove he is not the answer except for people that believe in Crazy Jerry.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dak is not a viable option to take this team far in the playoffs or to win a Superbowl. 12-5 means nothing when you can't win a home game against the #7 seed. That's mediocrity. Thinking that is alright. Jerry has sold some fans on his BS.
So who is a viable option to take the team far in the playoffs or Super Bowl? Or is your plan to play a game of eeny meeny miny moe and just try different QBs every few weeks and see what happens? If you watch the games it hasn’t been entirely on our QB. Do you believe we could go far in the playoffs with this defense? Had Dak played great we still would have lost in a shootout 42-55. The Packers would have just kept scoring had they not let up due to such a big lead. We’re not going to win CRAP with the defenses we have in the playoffs regardless how our QB plays.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
So just give Dak $55 mil. Rebuild if you have to. This is unaceptable. You obviously don't want to give Trey Lance a chance to prove himself. How many chance will Dak be given to prove he is not the answer except for people that believe in Crazy Jerry.
To build a championship team you have to have a solid QB. This is why teams are paying big bucks for QBs. They have no choice if they want to compete. Some of you would rather roll with a cheap QB who isn’t winning unless you luck out like the Bucs did with Mayfield. They put a real good team around him that wasn’t that far removed from a championship and he’s played well for them. He wouldn’t have had any success with us due to our running game, OL and defensive issues that would have put a ton of pressure on him.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
They all let underperforming QB’s walk. Despite making playoffs. And then replaced them and have been just fine.
He didn’t underperform during the regular season. He was thick in the MVP race. The entire team underperformed in the playoffs. If we cut him we’ll take a $61M cap hit.

Merlin

Reaction score
To build a championship team you have to have a solid QB. This is why teams are paying big bucks for QBs. They have no choice if they want to compete. Some of you would rather roll with a cheap QB who isn’t winning unless you luck out like the Bucs did with Mayfield. They put a real good team around him that wasn’t that far removed from a championship and he’s played well for them. He wouldn’t have had any success with us due to our running game, OL and defensive issues that would have put a ton of pressure on him.
It's a flawed argument. You don't have to pay for one and done over and over again in the playoffs. That's the definition of insanity. Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. Nothing will change with your flawed approach that is just like Jerry's.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
Let’s just see if he can beat out Rush for backup next preseason and take things from there. That is where we are at in concern to Lance.
Jerry will want to save face, so you can bet the house, Lance will be the backup.

Merlin

Reaction score
So who is a viable option to take the team far in the playoffs or Super Bowl? Or is your plan to play a game of eeny meeny miny moe and just try different QBs every few weeks and see what happens? If you watch the games it hasn’t been entirely on our QB. Do you believe we could go far in the playoffs with this defense? Had Dak played great we still would have lost in a shootout 42-55. The Packers would have just kept scoring had they not let up due to such a big lead. We’re not going to win CRAP with the defenses we have in the playoffs regardless how our QB plays.
You need to clean house. Get some good coaches for one thing. Start there. My plan relys on critical thinking and salary cap implications. You can't pay Dak, Lamb, and Parsons and then have money to get players at positions of need. Jerry has to give up control and hire a good head coach and let him hire his staff. It probably won't happen but that's the process. Dak is not the answer and anyone who thinks he is, I am not debating them anymore. They have accepted Jerry's mediocrity and bought into it. I don't. He's gonna do whatever he wants to regardless and he is the biggest problem with the team.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It's a flawed argument. You don't have to pay for one and done over and over again in the playoffs. That's the definition of insanity. Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. Nothing will change with your flawed approach that is just like Jerry's.
The going rate for just a good QB is $40M and rising. That’s the NFL we live in. If you don’t pay that you’re going to be stuck with either a rookie QB or a veteran castoff who’s bouncing around the league. The clock is ticking on Jerry, and at his age he’s not going to blow this team up or leave it without a QB that gives the team hope. He wants to keep this team challenging for the NFC East, and that will be his approach. The Cowboys have gone through the same dilemma with every HC and QB they’ve had the past 20 years.

They have good regular seasons that don’t translate to the playoffs. Too many fans are putting it entirely on the QB. They did the same thing when Romo was here. This is a team issue and no one can figure out what the problem is. Players on both sides of the ball aren’t showing up in the playoffs. In four playoff games Parsons has only ONE sack. He was a complete no-show on Sunday like the rest of the defense. It’s not just our QB but good luck convincing some of you of that.

Mr_437

Reaction score
After Lance is a participant in the Mike McCarthy QB School I expect vast improvements, I mean look at the year Dak had.

Merlin

Reaction score
The going rate for just a good QB is $40M and rising. That’s the NFL we live in. If you don’t pay that you’re going to be stuck with either a rookie QB or a veteran castoff who’s bouncing around the league. The clock is ticking on Jerry, and at his age he’s not going to blow this team up or leave it without a QB that gives the team hope. He wants to keep this team challenging for the NFC East, and that will be his approach. The Cowboys have gone through the same dilemma with every HC and QB they’ve had the past 20 years.

They have good regular seasons that don’t translate to the playoffs. Too many fans are putting it entirely on the QB. They did the same thing when Romo was here. This is a team issue and no one can figure out what the problem is. Players on both sides of the ball aren’t showing up in the playoffs. In four playoff games Parsons has only ONE sack. He was a complete no-show on Sunday like the rest of the defense. It’s not just our QB but good luck convincing some of you of that.
You will never solve anything letting others dictate what you should do. My goodness. You think just like Jerry.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You need to clean house. Get some good coaches for one thing.
You clean house when you’re 5-12 not 12-5. I just told you at 81 years old Jerry isn’t going to do that. Time isn’t on his side. He has a real good team during the regular season that doesn’t show up for the playoffs. The organization has to figure out why our regular seasons aren’t translating to the playoffs.