Recommended Film Review: Rolando McClain

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who else knew when they saw the thread title that this evaluation would be glowing praise? What a surprise!

Greg Cosell, the very respected NFL Films analyst on McClain:

"He’s been awful … Arguably the worst starting 4-3 middle linebacker in the NFL. He can’t move.”

With all due respect, if you feel differently than what the OP suggested, how about doing your own review and sharing. I'm all ears.

Or if nothing else else, address what he posted.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Exactly.

Bryan Boaddus gave McClain a good review...

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/a...th-Power/ddc86fef-3320-49de-9cae-a967affee9b9

In addition his PFF ratings were better than average also.

Well then, isn't he manna from Heaven and just what the doctor ordered?

I mean an 8th over-all pick who spent less than four seasons with the team who drafted him, joined a new team then retired, only to come backl and begin working out at his college facility and then the new team is just one of those pesky aspects which means nothing.

Winicki, you do more to ease my conscious than winning the lottery, old boy.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well then, isn't he manna from Heaven and just what the doctor ordered?

I mean an 8th over-all pick who spent less than four seasons with the team who drafted him, joined a new team then retired, only to come backl and begin working out at his college facility and then the new team is just one of those pesky aspects which means nothing.

Winicki, you do more to ease my conscious than winning the lottery, old boy.

If someone wants to question what's going on between this kid's ears or in his chest (his heart), then I'm right there with them. Would I be shocked if after a day of practice he decided to retire again?

Nah.

But from a physical standpoint, the kid's game appears to be more than solid.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score

If someone wants to question what's going on between this kid's ears or in his chest (his heart), then I'm right there with them. Would I be shocked if after a day of practice he decided to retire again?

Nah.

But from a physical standpoint, the kid's game appears to be more than solid.

One might make the same claim of Todd Marinovich.

JBS

Reaction score
With all due respect, if you feel differently than what the OP suggested, how about doing your own review and sharing. I'm all ears.

Or if nothing else else, address what he posted.

Pretty sure Cossells opinion holds more weight than CL reviewing film..

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
One has nothing to do with the other. smh

Sure it does. Marinovich is often hailed as the biggest bust of all time. McClain was brought in by the Cowboys, the Cowboys are awful ergo McClain derseves said hyperbole.

Don't you just love people that wallow in failure and misery? Those that seek it and glorify in it? I want them on my team.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One might make the same claim of Todd Marinovich.

If one were to dig a little I'm sure there's an army of these guys that have played in the NFL. Sometimes they're able to suppress their feelings and have a decent career.

Sometimes not.

I do think McClain has already had a much better career than what Marinovich did.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Sure it does. Marinovich is often hailed as the biggest bust of all time. McClain was brought in by the Cowboys, the Cowboys are awful ergo McClain derseves said hyperbole.

Don't you just love people that wallow in failure and misery? Those that seek it and glorify in it? I want them on my team.

I just consider the source, fuzzy. Some posters are just sad, mad, little creatures that the only thing that makes them happy is to be miserable. lol

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

towelwave.gif

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
If one were to dig a little I'm sure there's an army of these guys that have played in the NFL. Sometimes they're able to suppress their feelings and have a decent career.

Sometimes not.

I do think McClain has already had a much better career than what Marinovich did.

I was going to toss down Ryan Leaf, but I an a pariah here to begin with. No sense if rousing the natives any further.

700.jpg

TwoDeep3

Reaction score

I might agree if this franchise hadn't copyrighted the "failure from Team A reclamation system" that works out as often as France becoming a world power in the last 100 years.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I might agree if this franchise hadn't copyrighted the "failure from Team A reclamation system" that works out as often as France becoming a world power in the last 100 years.

If he didn't have the immense physical tools and the pedigree from college he probably wouldn't be getting the chance.

But the Cowboys have done well with less talented guys like Laurent Robinson and even George Selvie. I think you could lump Bernadeau in there also.