Final QB Rankings: Dak 18 in the QB Index

Crypto

Reaction score
Dak has lots of stats in his favor for a big extension. Just stumbled across a new one, he has a higher career passing yds/game avg than Romo. 225 v 219

Reactions: Ken

Crypto

Reaction score
He has the wins, the comebacks and the stats. Highest first 3yr completion % in NFL history. What he doesn't have, he doesn't need.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Who comes up with these ladders? Daks numbers beat the snot out of at least 4 they put above him... garbage, simply yahoo ESPN rubbish.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak has lots of stats in his favor for a big extension. Just stumbled across a new one, he has a higher career passing yds/game avg than Romo. 225 v 219
I've never seen so much misuse of stats here as I have during these Dak discussions.

First of all, who cares about passing yards per game as a single stat? Terrible QBs can accumulate a ton of yards because they're throwing in garbage time. It doesn't say anything about quality.

Secondly, that Romo number includes 27 games in 2004-6 when he never threw a pass, but was on the field only as the holder for FGs. His yards per game in games where he actually, you know, played QB, is 267.

Last edited:

Crypto

Reaction score
It is a new one I hadn't read anywhere, I was happy to report it. You are jealous. ;)

Kaiser

Reaction score
First of all, who cares about passing yards per game as a single stat? Terrible QBs can accumulate a ton of yards because they're throwing in garbage time. It doesn't say anything about quality.

Exactly - and every one of those QBs would sell their grandmother to the Taliban to get a RB like Zeke. Dallas is a run-first team that had sub-replacement guys playing at WR for the first half of the season.

Crypto

Reaction score
Dak is Dallas Cowboys all time career leader in passing yds/game. And I was just playing bud, no harm meant.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I’ll politely ask you to look closer into that stat and not blindly soak it in.
There is ZERO chance that is true

DFWJC

Reaction score
Dak is Dallas Cowboys all time career leader in passing yds/game. And I was just playing bud, no harm meant.
No hes not, and its not remotely close

Please Stop blindly believing things without using your brain to think it through
Surely, youre better than that

My guess is that someone used a year or two of “games” that Romo did not start at QB but was holder
219 a game maybe a couple of games a year.
The guy has like 50 300 yard games

His true average is about 265-270 yards per game...or in entirely higher stratospere

Last edited:

Crypto

Reaction score
I was looking up Dak on Wiki and noticed all of his records were set as a rookie, except one. Pass yds/game 224.9. I thought, "no way he is higher than Romo" so I looked up Romo career passing yds/game which came up to 219. So yes, I believe the stat because I know Aikman didn't avg higher than Romo.

aikemirv

Reaction score
He has the wins, the comebacks and the stats. Highest first 3yr completion % in NFL history. What he doesn't have, he doesn't need.
He needs consistency! He needs to hit the wide open WR. He needs better pocket awareness. He needs to read defenses better and better anticipation.

Yes he does need those things!

Crypto

Reaction score
Actually 2 franchise records; Most completions also at 42 v PHi

DFWJC

Reaction score
I was looking up Dak on Wiki and noticed all of his records were set as a rookie, except one. Pass yds/game 224.9. I thought, "no way he is higher than Romo" so I looked up Romo career passing yds/game which came up to 219. So yes, I believe the stat because I know Aikman didn't avg higher than Romo.
Its 267/game for Romo

Kaiser

Reaction score
I've never seen so much misuse of stats here as I have during these Dak discussions.

Another point is that no one here claims that Dak belongs in the same category as Brees or Brady or guys like that.

If you look at the top its all guys who have been in the league ten years (or 7 for Russell Wilson), plus Mahomes (who cost 3 premium picks to acquire) and Goff - who cost six premium picks and plays in the perfect offense.

If you look at it through the lens of Dak being a 4th round pick in his third season there is no reason for complaints.