Final QB Rankings: Dak 18 in the QB Index

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Yeah, I get at first glace why you got the number.
It was their mistake, not yours
They are including all those games he didnt play QB...but maybe did hold on kicks.
And then WIki will just blondlytake numbers or “facts” unless they are corrected.

The real number is 269 or so
:hammer:

Also these guys gotta realize these are different eras in 2007-2009 teams were averaging 216 passing yards per game. From 90-93 it was under 200 yds per game.

Garrettop

Reaction score
Or the worst pick ever. Depending on how you look at it. :p

The worst pick ever is spending 1+ high first rounders for a bust. Ask the Browns about worst picks ever. Don't be delusional.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Well the list is the end of 2018, not 2016. Dak did have a great 2016 though, so I'll give you that.

The "list seems about right" was just my overall impression. The QB's are generally ranked about where they should be, give or take a few spots.

The ranking can represent many things. It can also represent the year a QB has had THAT year. It can also represent the strength of the players around the QB THAT year.

Dak was ranked #2 in 2016 because the players around him were much better. This year they were not.

Brax

Reaction score
I've never seen so much misuse of stats here as I have during these Dak discussions.

First of all, who cares about passing yards per game as a single stat? Terrible QBs can accumulate a ton of yards because they're throwing in garbage time. It doesn't say anything about quality.

Secondly, that Romo number includes 27 games in 2004-6 when he never threw a pass, but was on the field only as the holder for FGs. His yards per game in games where he actually, you know, played QB, is 267.
you evil man

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Dak is about average for an NFL QB. Is he good enough to win the big one? I doubt it, but perhaps with the right team around him it could happen.

If one believes the rankings, it's also clear that the team could do a lot worse at the position, and that's also a scary thought.

The big danger is the team over commits financially to a QB that is good, but will never be great- and other positions on the team suffer as a result. That scenario could doom the team to mediocrity for a long time.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I don't care as much about the final ranking, what I do care about is seeing the progress as the season moved on and Dak got a #1 WR. Still things he must improve on but I think he has made substantial progress and now is the time to take another step as we hit post season.