Fire Jason Garrett **merged**

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Here's the perfect gif showing how I felt about the last 3 plays of tonight's game....

kobeshakesheadfacepalmmiami.gif

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Thank you...If Conner just doubles down w/ Frederick....it's a gapping hole. Instead Conner misses...which allows penetration...Frederick then can't make the reach block...and the whole play is blown up. It only takes one guy to mess up a play...and more times than not...#52 is involved. :(

We haven't blocked all night long or ran anything. We just moved the ball 80 yards in the air with ease. It absolutely was the bad call. Also, why are you running that play to easily the worst OL player on this team to begin with. Nothing about that play call was good. You had them on their heels and you let them off the hook.

MS17

Reaction score
After 9 games, I find it interesting to look back at the Cowboys' five wins (Commanders, doleful Giants twice, Dolphins, Eagles); absolutely nothing to write home about. Seven or eight wins may be the ceiling with 2 months left on this schedule and that means more purgatory for fans (not good....not bad) like in past years and brand spanking new extensions for coaches based on the owner/GM's gut feeling. Performance? what a neat concept. Disgusting.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
We've seen a lot of end-of-game blunder and other atrocities and disappointments in Jason Garrett's coaching career.

But tonight was, from start-to-finish, the worst coaching performance of Garrett's tenure in Dallas. Flat out. Every major decision he made was the wrong one. He was just outcoached and outclassed every step of the way.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Coaching was abysmal tonight.

It’s beyond time to clear these guys out.

The two runs are obvious dumb calls after you passed for 79 yards to get down there.

tavon Austin looked clearly coached to fair catch that last punt. I mean these are all egregious coaching errors.

But one that might be missed - that decision to kick a 57 yard fg on the opening drive. My man howdy doody, the head coach has no feel for the game. Punt them back to the 10, it’s 3 minutes into the game, you are home, I mean I felt it was obvious. Yes, Maher has made them for 60+ but o think all 3 were end of the half. You don’t give the visitors staring field position at the 47, it’s like a turnover.

Jkw634

Reaction score
I have never liked Garrett from the beginning. The way he even got the cowboys job by sabotaging the offense getting wade fired then all of a sudden Dallas could play offense again. Then the league figured him out quickly and mediocre since then and Romo actually covered a lot for his crappy play calling by making plays happen.

gmb1

Reaction score
I have never liked Garrett from the beginning. The way he even got the cowboys job by sabotaging the offense getting wade fired then all of a sudden Dallas could play offense again. Then the league figured him out quickly and mediocre since then and Romo actually covered a lot for his crappy play calling by making plays happen.
Glad Wade and Ware got their rings away from the Clapper. :)

Zman5

Reaction score
So if they were concerned about leaving too much time for Cousin, why did they run a play with play clock at 24 seconds and the game clock at 2:20? They should have just let the clock run down to 2 minute warning. JG is so clueless.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

And Dak has actually been learning how to cover like that too. It must really bother him to look at chaps like Lamar Jackson with the benefit of a useful coach and wondering what he'd be like with useful coaches.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
We
We averaged over two yards a carry and didn’t lose yards often.

LOL. Two yards per carry and you want to hang your hat on that? Not me. If they wanted to try a run, they should have rolled Dak out on a naked bootleg and given him the option to run or throw. But no. Let’s run right into the teeth of the defense that has stuffed the run all game. I’m not as pissed about the second down run as I am the third down run. Stupid. Cost us the game.

Jkw634

Reaction score
So if they were concerned about leaving too much time for Cousin, why did they run a play with play clock at 24 seconds and the game clock at 2:20? They should have just let the clock run down to 2 minute warning. JG is so clueless.
I was thinking the same thing. I was thinking surely they will take it to the 2 min warning then they snapped the ball. Mind blown.

Lutonio

Reaction score
Coaching was abysmal tonight.

It’s beyond time to clear these guys out.

The two runs are obvious dumb calls after you passed for 79 yards to get down there.

tavon Austin looked clearly coached to fair catch that last punt. I mean these are all egregious coaching errors.

But one that might be missed - that decision to kick a 57 yard fg on the opening drive. My man howdy doody, the head coach has no feel for the game. Punt them back to the 10, it’s 3 minutes into the game, you are home, I mean I felt it was obvious. Yes, Maher has made them for 60+ but o think all 3 were end of the half. You don’t give the visitors staring field position at the 47, it’s like a turnover.

That field goal attempt is most certainly NOT missed. I couldn't believe they tried that crap again after it backfired the previous week. Good call on the "feel of the game" remark.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
I've been saying it for weeks now. Garrett is done. Don't be fooled by the NFC East wins, that's not enough anymore to mask the fact that he always gets exposed vs. everyone else. Even Jerry knows it, the way he was sounding in his postgame interview.

The Cowboys will win a few more games this season but they will lose some more big games too. Losing to the Jets was strike 1, tonight was strike 2 and now the last stretch of the season will have plenty of strike 3s.