Fire Mike McCarthy

aria

Reaction score
I started threads on the subject of firing McCarthy after the Browns loss.

This team plays undisciplined, uninspired, and just flat out awful.

There is nothing encouraging about him as the head coach. And don't give him excuses about the injuries. Every team is facing injuries.

After Zeke's first fumble (terrible ball security), I would expect a coach to get in his face and at least have a talking with him, which may have prevented the second fumble.

Part ways with him now. He's done nothing in 6 weeks to suggest he could take a team anywhere.

He's done in the NFL.

I'll start a thread like this after every week for the rest of the season.
But he’s a SUPER BOWL winning coach! He was a brilliant hire and spent his year off studying analytics. He was going to use this team properly and zeke was finally going to be used like he should have been under Garrett. He’s supposed to save this franchise!

khiladi

Reaction score
I saw all I needed to see after the non-call PI on Lamb that was clear as far, followed by the PI call by the referees on the Dallas DB in the end-zone. I mean yeah, you may not be able to coach within this short time-frame, but you can surely show some fire when your guys are getting hose-jobbed. Jimmy Johnson would have thrown a gasket at that non-call.

I was suspect when he was hired. I was happy from the angle that this was the end of the Garrett culture and it meant Jerry doesn’t have the personal ties like he did with Garrett, so he can end the experiment easily. The fact he’s brought in Philbin and Nolan, two guys he has connections to is another sign.

SlammedZero

Reaction score

It's funny to me, the same fans starting threads about 20 different players and their lack of talent will also start slandering McCarthy. These things go hand in hand. If our players are so woeful then what do you expect McCarthy to do about it? I'm not sure if McCarthy will work out or not but nobody can deny this team is a train wreck. Only good talent we have is in our WR position. Not to mention losing your starting QB is tough. Check out how the great Belichick is doing without his boy Brady. Yeah, 2-3.

blumayne38

Reaction score
He’s a statue out there. Zero emotion or interaction.

Dare I say it, but I would nearly take the clapper back over this. NEARLY!
I would. McCarthy is trash. I don’t know who said it but crap scheme, crap philosophy if there is even one. Crap defense...a crap offense that scores garbage points. McCarthy needs to be fired..I feel bad for the guy but geeez

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He went ape stick on the worst call of the year on Lamb. It’s the mask. If he’s gonna go down he should go down his way and take over play calling from that lunatic Moore.
This
leave no excuses

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Attitude reflects leadership.

This team has looked dead in the water literally every week.

i fear that from here on out you are going to see what dead really looks like. the vets all realize its a lost cause. younger players will still play hard trying to prove themselves.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
It's funny to me, the same fans starting threads about 20 different players and their lack of talent will also start slandering McCarthy. These things go hand in hand. If our players are so woeful then what do you expect McCarthy to do about it? I'm not sure if McCarthy will work out or not but nobody can deny this team is a train wreck. Only good talent we have is in our WR position. Not to mention losing your starting QB is tough. Check out how the great Belichick is doing without his boy Brady. Yeah, 2-3.
its not brady he's missing, its the other 15 who opted out or have gotten injured.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
now i know why they wouldn't televise the scrimmage. it wasn't to keep secret from the other teams, it was to keep the truth from the fans as long as they could.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
But not every coach had to agree to keep the previous offensive coordinator and give up the job of calling plays for which he's good at. And not every coach has an owner who claims to know more about football than they do and an owner who, ultimately, makes the final decisions on EVERYTHING.

Yes, McC signed up for this and has no one to blame but himself. HIS guy is running the D so he most certainly deserves part of the blame. Enough of the blame to be canned already? IMO...no but that's me.
the rest of what you described is Jerry. even if not for the unusual off season, those things would still stand....

blueblood70

Reaction score
its not brady he's missing, its the other 15 who opted out or have gotten injured.
might want to check our injury reports..its the same issues..add TOs happening at am alarming rate but Mm isnt the one fumbling.. im sure its addressed at practice and media film sessions..

you dont fire coach with all this 2020 nonsense made from the off season to the injury reports,,its just either going to get better or we will have nice draft pick for Mm to start improving the defense with,,

blaming the coaches are
asinine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

at this point we are caught in an avalanche of mistakes and injuries' piling up..we dont have enough players or cap to just start benching people..smh ugh at emotional fans

garyv

Reaction score
He’s a statue out there. Zero emotion or interaction.

Dare I say it, but I would nearly take the clapper back over this. NEARLY!

I'm actually in agreement. He has no fire at all. This Coaching staff does look very shaky.
But in saying this I like Coaches that get fired up and will park somebody on the bench that is not producing so McCarthy's laid back personality was not my favorite from the beginning.

Last edited:

uvaballa

Reaction score
Not going to happen in his first year without his starting QB. Might as well close this down.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Bring in the Sports Psychologist. Does Dallas have one? Cause we desperately need one:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
sorry I don't agree. I don't think you hire a HC and then fire him after 6 games.

cowboyec

Reaction score
i wouldn't.
don't think they should,either.
but i FULLY understand the sentiment.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I expected so much more from McCarthy. It's like he is a consultant and not the HC. The man has brought nothing to Cowboys except a washed up staff and stale approach. The fact that Nolan is still DC has me checked out on the entire organization.