First impressive Jaylon video

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Just another FAN trying to make this about me. You were acting like he coached the 85 Bears defense. lol Marinelli was brought here to try and recapture the magic he had in Tampa over a decade ago. The same with old man old man Kiffin who he and Marinelli helped turn our defense into the 3rd worst statistically in league history in 2013. I'll ask you the same question you avoided, what improvements have you seen with our defense since Marinelli arrived? Are you happy with the defense? LOL

Since you are calling other people fans derisively that implies that you are not a fan which is not surprising.

People not being satisfied with the defense does not mean that Marinelli is the cause of poor defensive performance.

It's not his fault that DLaw and Gregory struggle to find the field.

Stop asking questions and try and make an argument.

waldoputty

Reaction score
I have previously tried to reason with many on the forum who don't want to acknowledge certain points of view, whether medical, scientific, or just opinions. That certainly is their right, but that kind of anti-collegial position just serves to stifle rational exchange of thought and information.
I gave up on many of those folks long ago and used the ignore function.

I get the impression that my contributions are being attacked again; I would not know that for certain, since I haven't had to see any of them, and it doesn't matter who they are. I learned many years ago that happiness can be created by helping others, but some are just not candidates.
An inappropriately needy or oppositional patient will suck out your energy and leave none to help anyone else.

At the end of the day (or all of our days), aren't we just hoping for some peace and happiness?

i think another person's credentials were being question this time.
though i ignored most of the troublesome ones so i can never be sure.
unlike fuzzy, i try hard not to read ignored content.
it is really strange some cannot accept that they were mistaken.
to err is human, and never taking a chance to make a mistake does not feel like a full life to me...
i guess i am not impartial since i actually enjoy jerry's risk taking mind, now that he seem reined in a lot...

waldoputty

Reaction score
Since you are calling other people fans derisively that implies that you are not a fan which is not surprising.

People not being satisfied with the defense does not mean that Marinelli is the cause of poor defensive performance.

It's not his fault that DLaw and Gregory struggle to find the field.

Stop asking questions and try and make an argument.

i actually do have an issue with Marinelli in that he seems unwilling to adapt to a great extent.
for example the refusal to use any non-quick-twitch DT for 1-tech such as Poe.
also the insistence on falling for rodgers' well known tendency to catch the other team with 12 man...

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
i actually do have an issue with Marinelli in that he seems unwilling to adapt to a great extent.
for example the refusal to use any non-quick-twitch DT for 1-tech such as Poe.
also the insistence on falling for rodgers' well known tendency to catch the other team with 12 man...

He has adjusted his gameplans to include 2, 3, and 4 men fronts. He has flipped the base to accommodate Hardy when he was here. He played Ken Bishop and Josh Brent at the nose.

He has gone with 0-3 LB and 3-6 DBs. He has varied the amount he blitzes and where from in games. He stunts, he twists, he zone blitzes, he delayed blitzes, he blitzes S, CB and and LB.

He has called everything from cover 0 to cover 3 to quarters. He has ran press man, off man, press bail. He rolls coverages.

Basically you are criticizing him for not getting a behemoth in the middle when he passed on Brockers and that scrub that Minny drafted but run defense was not our problem last year and when it was it was more about LBers screwing up their fill or Mayowa not playing with pad level as opposed to our DT getting blown off the ball.

He prefers speed at all positions and he rotates his guys so they can go balls to the wall. They play all out all the time. It's not a bad approach but that does not mean that he won't play a big guy if he is on the roster.

Bohuntr97

Reaction score
I don't care if he's wearing the brace or not. If he can play at a high level in a walking boot I'll take it.

Brace, chewing gum, duct tape, packing tape, sctotch tape, bondo, epoxy, fiberglass, elmers, super glue or gorilla glue whatever! If he can contribute!

waldoputty

Reaction score
He has adjusted his gameplans to include 2, 3, and 4 men fronts. He has flipped the base to accommodate Hardy when he was here. He played Ken Bishop and Josh Brent at the nose.

He has gone with 0-3 LB and 3-6 DBs. He has varied the amount he blitzes and where from in games. He stunts, he twists, he zone blitzes, he delayed blitzes, he blitzes S, CB and and LB.

He has called everything from cover 0 to cover 3 to quarters. He has ran press man, off man, press bail. He rolls coverages.

Basically you are criticizing him for not getting a behemoth in the middle when he passed on Brockers and that scrub that Minny drafted but run defense was not our problem last year and when it was it was more about LBers screwing up their fill or Mayowa not playing with pad level as opposed to our DT getting blown off the ball.

He prefers speed at all positions and he rotates his guys so they can go balls to the wall. They play all out all the time. It's not a bad approach but that does not mean that he won't play a big guy if he is on the roster.

i am not talking about brockers.
if he does not play the big guy in the middle, our dt's get run especially if they get tired.
if he would play the big boy, why have not gotten any.
i dont mean the minny 1st rounder.
there were other big dts available in the 3rd or 4th that we passed on.
his scheme depends on fresh players, and perhaps that is why he keeps switching all the time?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
i am not talking about brockers.
if he does not play the big guy in the middle, our dt's get run especially if they get tired.
if he would play the big boy, why have not gotten any.
i dont mean the minny 1st rounder.
there were other big dts available in the 3rd or 4th that we passed on.
his scheme depends on fresh players, and perhaps that is why he keeps switching all the time?

We allowed the fewest rushing yards and gave up less than 4 YPA last year. You're complaining about something that Marinelli has proven to not need. Time to let go of the ideology and look at the reality.

A massive 1T is not going to solve our pass rush issues which were at the root of our defensive woes. McClain dominated several centers last year and didn't generate much pressure for example.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Just another FAN trying to make this about me. You were acting like he coached the 85 Bears defense. lol Marinelli was brought here to try and recapture the magic he had in Tampa over a decade ago. The same with old man old man Kiffin who he and Marinelli helped turn our defense into the 3rd worst statistically in league history in 2013. I'll ask you the same question you avoided, what improvements have you seen with our defense since Marinelli arrived? Are you happy with the defense? LOL

No, I'm not happy with the defense fielded by big D, last couple of days I've been fantasizing about the 70's doomsday defense hitting the field In This day and age and wondering what, if any, problems they would have paired with this current offense ripping off back to back S.B.'s or more!

And on a personal note, I don't swing on anybody's nut sack, have zero members on ignore, and love a good donnybrook/ barfight.

waldoputty

Reaction score
We allowed the fewest rushing yards and gave up less than 4 YPA last year. You're complaining about something that Marinelli has proven to not need. Time to let go of the ideology and look at the reality.

A massive 1T is not going to solve our pass rush issues which were at the root of our defensive woes. McClain dominated several centers last year and didn't generate much pressure for example.

Why do you think we had so much trouble running on the Giants last year?
Please elaborate on your point regarding Mcclain - he is not a big DT...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I am not sure that Marinelli has gotten "as much as he can" out of this defense, but I agree he hasn't had a lot to work with. I have actually been pretty frustrated with the lack of success by Marinelli, but the defense was a little better this year, and particularly in the secondary. Maybe it was the new DB coach.

I am torn on whether Marinelli is too old school to play to his players strengths and the game has passed him by or if we are just that bad in terms of talent. I don't think we are as bereft of talent as our production was in 2015.

I don't really agree with Marinelli's theory on smaller DTs, especially the 1T, but I do acknowledge he is getting paid to do it and I'm not so maybe he knows some things I dont. I would hope so.

Going into the season many claimed this defense would be giving up a lot of points and they didn't. When you lack talent a defense is not going to be overly aggressive they can't afford to since they can't matchup as well so you play a lot more bend but don't break. I think this team needs big time help on the defensive side especially on the DL, someone who can bring consistent pressure.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Why do you think we had so much trouble running on the Giants last year?
Please elaborate on your point regarding Mcclain - he is not a big DT...

There is more than one way to skin the proverbial cat. I never said that mammoth DT don't stop the run. I said they do not provide much of a rush. You seen Hankins and co's pressure stats?

We had one of the top run defenses in both efficiency and aggregate. Not having a 340 lbs NT did not prevent it from happening like your ideology tells you it should. Let it go.

As for McClain there were several games where OLs did not double him and he isolated on the center. The Bengals game comes to mind immediately. He still did not generate a lot of a pass rush.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
i think another person's credentials were being question this time.
though i ignored most of the troublesome ones so i can never be sure.
unlike fuzzy, i try hard not to read ignored content.
it is really strange some cannot accept that they were mistaken.
to err is human, and never taking a chance to make a mistake does not feel like a full life to me...
i guess i am not impartial since i actually enjoy jerry's risk taking mind, now that he seem reined in a lot...

The "ignore" function is just a tool that hides their posts unless you hit a button.

KJJ wants to control the conversation and dictate what is being talked about and how. It's all about him being the center of attention; it's his version of territorial pissings or prepubescent temper tantrums.

By using the ignore function I can do drive by posts on him where I say what I have to say, garner some likes, and then not get mired down in the stupidity when they abandon merit and try to derail the thread. When you don't immediately respond and they have to wait then they are not getting what they are looking for.

I don't get upset at what is being said to me by anonymous internet posters. I do get irritated when discussions on topics that interest me get derailed into nonsense. The ignore function allows me to still talk to them but prevents them from dominating the conversation with drivel.

I shake my head when I see people go round and round with him and allow themselves to get dicated what the argument is by his questions and assertions. You are playing into what he is trying to do.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The "ignore" function is just a tool that hides their posts unless you hit a button.

KJJ wants to control the conversation and dictate what is being talked about and how. It's all about him being the center of attention; it's his version of territorial pissings or prepubescent temper tantrums.

By using the ignore function I can do drive by posts on him where I say what I have to say, garner some likes, and then not get mired down in the stupidity when they abandon merit and try to derail the thread.

That shows just how much you have me floating around inside your head. lol Trolling for "likes" using me? The only way you get "likes" is to troll for them. The only useful thing about the "like" system is it exposes my haters and those who have an axe to grind.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

I call people FANS not fans, been doing it for years and anyone who's driveway reaches the road knows what it implies. FANS are homers as if you really didn't know that. Go ahead and question my fandom it's just part of your hate KJJ agenda.

waldoputty

Reaction score

By using the ignore function I can do drive by posts on him where I say what I have to say, garner some likes, and then not get mired down in the stupidity when they abandon merit and try to derail the thread. When you don't immediately respond and they have to wait then they are not getting what they are looking for.

I don't get upset at what is being said to me by anonymous internet posters. I do get irritated when discussions on topics that interest me get derailed into nonsense. The ignore function allows me to still talk to them but prevents them from dominating the conversation with drivel.

I shake my head when I see people go round and round with him and allow themselves to get dicated what the argument is by his questions and assertions. You are playing into what he is trying to do.

Ignore is just a function, but once activated and the other person knows it, they stopping posting and derailing the thread.
There are just some posters who just do not add new info and wastes bandwidth saying they are right because they are...
I just about ignored someone in another thread today but was not sufficiently annoyed to do so...