First impressive Jaylon video

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I still remember when KJJ said Marinelli hadn't coached a good defense since TB, then backtracked and came up with these incredible semantics to try and disprove the fact that the Bears had one of the best defenses in the NFL.

It's pointless to discuss anything with him because, in every single circumstance, he'll go to the edge of the earth to give himself any plausible deniability. He's so insecure that he cannot admit being wrong, to anything, not even on a Cowboys forum, which is why most serious posters here just ignore him and have stopped engaging with him. It's insane and I'm guessing there's a deeper psychological issue at play.

Just another FAN trying to make this about me. You were acting like he coached the 85 Bears defense. lol Marinelli was brought here to try and recapture the magic he had in Tampa over a decade ago. The same with old man old man Kiffin who he and Marinelli helped turn our defense into the 3rd worst statistically in league history in 2013. I'll ask you the same question you avoided, what improvements have you seen with our defense since Marinelli arrived? Are you happy with the defense? LOL

gmoney112

Reaction score
Just another FAN trying to make this about me. You were acting like he coached the 85 Bears defense. lol Marinelli was brought here to try and recapture the magic he had in Tampa over a decade ago. The same with old man old man Kiffin who he and Marinelli helped turn our defense into the 3rd worst statistically in league history in 2013. I'll ask you the same question you avoided, what improvements have you seen with our defense since Marinelli arrived? Are you happy with the defense? LOL

I've seen him overachieve with the worst collection of defensive talent in the league, and what the FO has failed to address adequately.

The Bears defense he coached just a few years ago was one of the best defenses in the league for a few years. Anyone who watched the NFL knows that.

And if they don't want me to attack you personally, maybe they should stop letting you use "FAN" as an insult to anyone who disagrees with you.

We're all waiting for your social media account with 5 million followers you supposedly have.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

I think given what he has on defense he has gotten as much out of them as you can. Dallas needs talent on defense, especially along the DL. Without it, it will not matter who is coaching them.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I think given what he has on defense he has gotten as much out of them as you can. Dallas needs talent on defense, especially along the DL. Without it, it will not matter who is coaching them.

We definitely need talent and that's what he had in Tampa.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
We definitely need talent and that's what he had in Tampa.

that is what most great defense have is talent. Seahawks have talent across the board on defense and it shows. Denver with outstanding players on defense and it shows. Dallas has no one who has shown the ability to bring consistent pressure week in and week out. I think the overall talent is avg but I think adding 1 outstanding rusher can turn this unit into a very good defense.

Verdict

Reaction score

I am not sure that Marinelli has gotten "as much as he can" out of this defense, but I agree he hasn't had a lot to work with. I have actually been pretty frustrated with the lack of success by Marinelli, but the defense was a little better this year, and particularly in the secondary. Maybe it was the new DB coach.

I am torn on whether Marinelli is too old school to play to his players strengths and the game has passed him by or if we are just that bad in terms of talent. I don't think we are as bereft of talent as our production was in 2015.

I don't really agree with Marinelli's theory on smaller DTs, especially the 1T, but I do acknowledge he is getting paid to do it and I'm not so maybe he knows some things I dont. I would hope so.

gmoney112

Reaction score
I am not sure that Marinelli has gotten "as much as he can" out of this defense, but I agree he hasn't had a lot to work with. I have actually been pretty frustrated with the lack of success by Marinelli, but the defense was a little better this year, and particularly in the secondary. Maybe it was the new DB coach.

I am torn on whether Marinelli is too old school to play to his players strengths and the game has passed him by or if we are just that bad in terms of talent. I don't think we are as bereft of talent as our production was in 2015.

I don't really agree with Marinelli's theory on smaller DTs, especially the 1T, but I do acknowledge he is getting paid to do it and I'm not so maybe he knows some things I dont. I would hope so.

He had one of the best defenses in the league in Chicago just a few years ago.

If you can name 3 teams that had less talent on the DL this year than we did, I'd be surprised.

You can't do anything if your big boys can't generate pressure.

Verdict

Reaction score
that is what most great defense have is talent. Seahawks have talent across the board on defense and it shows. Denver with outstanding players on defense and it shows. Dallas has no one who has shown the ability to bring consistent pressure week in and week out. I think the overall talent is avg but I think adding 1 outstanding rusher can turn this unit into a very good defense.

Agreed. I think you are on to something here.

Verdict

Reaction score
He had one of the best defenses in the league in Chicago just a few years ago.

If you can name 3 teams that had less talent on the DL this year than we did, I'd be surprised.

You can't do anything if your big boys can't generate pressure.

He also had a huge amount of talent in Chicago. That works both ways, of course.

gmoney112

Reaction score
He also had a huge amount of talent in Chicago. That works both ways, of course.

He had talent but it's not like that team was stacked. Tillman, Peppers, Melton, Urlacher, Briggs were really the only ones to write him about.

The rest of the DL were just rotational guys, the CB's weren't great, and the safeties were "above average" I guess.

Every good defense has a bit of talent. I'd say they were about average in the "talent" department as far as good defenses normally go, the rest was coaching.

What i'm trying to say is, there's a reason to be optimistic haha. If we add some more talent though, of course.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

In two of the four years Marinelli was in Chicago the Bears defense ranked 17th. They forced a lot of turnovers one year but other than that the Bears D wasn't anything special. We need to start looking at younger coordinators who are more in touch with today's game. Marinelli was brought in to try and recapture what he had in Tampa more than a decade ago and it hasn't worked. I'm not putting it entirely on him because we don't have talent and we've had the same problems defensively under every coordinator.

Verdict

Reaction score
He had talent but it's not like that team was stacked. Tillman, Peppers, Melton, Urlacher, Briggs were really the only ones to write him about.

The rest of the DL were just rotational guys, the CB's weren't great, and the safeties were "above average" I guess.

Every good defense has a bit of talent. I'd say they were about average in the "talent" department as far as good defenses normally go, the rest was coaching.

What i'm trying to say is, there's a reason to be optimistic haha. If we add some more talent though, of course.

I think you are under rating the talent on Chicago's defense, but I guess reasonable minds can draw different conclusions from the same facts.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
Speak for yourself and the fact you think you know more than the league
"The League" is a business entity not capable of speaking or thinking...it is inanimate. When you say "the league", you really man blandino and he has shown himself to be an inept clown.

Verdict

Reaction score
"The League" is a business entity not capable of speaking or thinking...it is inanimate. When you say "the league", you really man blandino and he has shown himself to be an inept clown.

Cleveland is also "The League". They have been perpetual dumpster divers as a team for their entire recent history. I have no doubt that I could choose a couple of posters from this forum to coach them and they would win just as many games as they have the last few years. Just because people are hired to do a job does not necessarily indicate that they have a ******* clue what they are doing.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

I'm not speaking Blandini that's your spin because you and others seem to believe he came up with the RULE and he's the one who enforced it during the game. By the way the last Dez thread we argued in a couple of weeks ago, told you it would die once I left. Only 7 posts were submitted after I left. :thumbup: You only provide your opinion and never have any facts to support it.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
***LAST WARNING***

UNLESS YOU WANT TO GET BENCHED

THE PERSONAL STUFF ENDS NOW.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
I'm not speaking Blandini that's your spin because you and others seem to believe he came up with the RULE and he's the one who enforced it during the game. By the way the last Dez thread we argued in a couple of weeks ago, told you it would die once I left. Only 7 posts were submitted after I left. :thumbup: You only provide your opinion and never have any facts to support it.
I provided many facts on numerous occasions. You just refuse to accept them. And of course that thread died after you quit posting in it. you were the only one with a differing opinion. BTW, you didn't tell me the thread would die, you were saying that to others. I wouldn't have argued that point with you...I actually agreed with what you that the thread would wither away.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Enough guys, y'all have already wasted your weekends on arguing non-sense........don't let it ruin the week as well :lmao: :laugh:

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
I am on a long drive but this got my interest...
I dont think his issue is Jaylon but actually the way 2nd picks have been used on risky players like Jaylon, Lee and Gregory.
That does have its merits.
However, IMO, when you have a 50-50 (estimate from nerve regeneration researchers) to get a probowler or better (generational) player for risking a couple 2nd round picks, it is well worth it.
The hit rate for getting a starter in 2nd round for LB is 55%.
That is only a starter.
We have already got Lee, the former LB starter from North Carolina by gambling on the 2nd round.
If Jaylon hits, then people dont like taking these types of risk are going to probably have to suffer more risks.
I think that is his real problem.
Part of him probably does not want Jaylon to succeed because he would be subjected more gambling behavior from trader/Dr. Jerry.

Some of these arguments are plain stupid.
Like the person I 'ignored' because he was attacking doc50 as not a doctor.
Well there are several doctors on the board who are onboard with what doc50 said about Jaylon.
To be right, this poster is going to attack everyone else who claims to be a doctor here?
He cannot rationally realize that pretending to be a MD is a crime.
Who is going to commit a crime just to be make a point on a Cowboy Zone argument???
Not only 1 person, but multiple pretend doctors... :facepalm:

I have previously tried to reason with many on the forum who don't want to acknowledge certain points of view, whether medical, scientific, or just opinions. That certainly is their right, but that kind of anti-collegial position just serves to stifle rational exchange of thought and information.
I gave up on many of those folks long ago and used the ignore function.

I get the impression that my contributions are being attacked again; I would not know that for certain, since I haven't had to see any of them, and it doesn't matter who they are. I learned many years ago that happiness can be created by helping others, but some are just not candidates.
An inappropriately needy or oppositional patient will suck out your energy and leave none to help anyone else.

At the end of the day (or all of our days), aren't we just hoping for some peace and happiness?