First Sunday without NFL Football

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
When there’s no Cowboys football to watch I watch YouTube videos of plane crashes and train derailments. It makes a cold February Sunday afternoon feel like mid season
thats dark stuff there

catiii

Reaction score
What happened to the Bay City Bombers women's roller derby I used to watch on Saturday nights back in the days of the Dallas Sportatorium :( - Fritz Von Eric and Georgious George and all those guys? Dallas has torn down almost all of it's historic buildings and architecture.

Motorola

Reaction score
th

RIP INTIMIDATOR

th
Is Denny Hamlin going to win his third straight Daytona 500?
Or will a miracle happen--- thee car he owns with new partner Michael Jordan and driven by Bubba Wallace --- takes the 63rd running of the Great American Race?

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
th

RIP INTIMIDATOR

th
I grew up in Concord, NC within earshot of Charlotte Motor Speedway. Dale still is somewhat of a godlike figure there.

Crazy to me that I can hardly remember what I was doing during 9/11 but can tell you almost every detail about where I was when Dale passed. Can't believe it's been 20 years.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Welcome to the first Sunday without NFL Football since September. What sports are you all watching to fill the void?
I actually haven't turned the TV on all day. Gonna freeze the next couple of days, so I've been setting up shelter for my pets, draining well pumps, and telling my tenants to leave their faucets dripping. Also, showed one of my properties 7 times in the last 24 hours. Amazing how productive I can be without football......

Motorola

Reaction score
Does the Daytona 500 count? I guess one could argue that it isn't a sport.
It's a sport - the physical strain of driving that far 500 MILES (distance from Dallas to New Orleans) at 200 MPH for THREE AND A HALF HOURS - with 39 other drivers - DOING THE SAME RIGOROUS THING; plus the mental pressure to make split-second decisions every other minute of those 3 1/2 hours - to avoid mistakes and bad decisions made by the other drivers.

Motorola

Reaction score
I grew up in Concord, NC within earshot of Charlotte Motor Speedway. Dale still is somewhat of a godlike figure there.

Crazy to me that I can hardly remember what I was doing during 9/11 but can tell you almost every detail about where I was when Dale passed. Can't believe it's been 20 years.
9/11 is etched in my brain.
But I was watching that Daytona 500 on TV when Earnhardt's car suddenly turned right into the wall. The chaos, confusion, and conjecture that followed had me mesmersized...as I am typing this I still don't recall which driver won the race.

Creeper

Reaction score
OIP.E1ltNt0GNM_DwoBmXdlk3AAAAA
get some of these and you can start learning to chip in the house.:)

I have a net in my basement and a mat. I can swing a pitching wedge and 9 iron freely without hitting any plumbing in the ceiling using actual golf balls. Obviously chipping is possible too, but with a 5 ft mat, I can practice putting as well. I highly recommend spending at least as much time on the putting stroke as the other clubs. Drive for show, putt for dough!

Creeper

Reaction score
I tried to watch professional bowling, but man, what the hell did they do to that sport?

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
9/11 is etched in my brain.
But I was watching that Daytona 500 on TV when Earnhardt's car suddenly turned right into the wall. The chaos, confusion, and conjecture that followed had me mesmersized...as I am typing this I still don't recall which driver won the race.
Michael Waltrip, who raced on Dale's team at the time.

I went to school with Kenny Schrader's kids briefly and remember them recalling the death threats he was receiving following the crash.