First Sunday without NFL Football

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
joanne-the-scammer-gif-6.gif

You had me at hello.

Motorola

Reaction score
I actually haven't turned the TV on all day. Gonna freeze the next couple of days, so I've been setting up shelter for my pets, draining well pumps, and telling my tenants to leave their faucets dripping. Also, showed one of my properties 7 times in the last 24 hours. Amazing how productive I can be without football......
Every NFL fan should adjust to catching up on things ignored and neglected while immersed in the season. Offseason activities happening in the league can really be ignored in realtime -- no watching the combine, free agency, draft, OTAs.

J817

Reaction score
Watched an NHL game while getting a haircut the afternoon before the Super Bowl. College basketball (men & women); as an NBA fan, I haven't tuned in since the season started two months ago...I guess the 'super team' trend has soured me (both LA teams last season, the Nets now). I have always had interest in following other sports - never felt watching them was \ is filling a "no football void". Athletic competition is good viewing...especially in the qualifying -playoff formats / phases --college baseball and softball, track & field.

The Lakers and Clippers weren’t (aren’t) super teams. More like duos with two MVP candidate players (Lebron / Davis & Kawhi / George). The Nets would qualify maybe but I don’t put them in the same light as the Heat tbh.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
How can they just cut us off from football just like that..?...cold turkey..... Give us some ladies lingerie football or something,.... preferably the former. :muttley:

Motorola

Reaction score
Been without football since the Cowboys season ended.
Never can do that. I always see the NFL through to the end.
When those last two teams clash - I observe what they do best to what they did worst during that final game... and review our team is in comparison. Then I have an ideal what the Cowboys need to do in the off-season to approach that level.
Subsequently I create expectations for the upcoming season - and am willing to discuss with other Cowboys Fans what they think.
It really is connection - bonding moment with a stranger ceases to be that briefly because he has on The Star On The Cap or she's sporting a top with a COWBOYS logo.

Last edited:

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Never can do that. I always see the NFL through to the end.
When those last two teams clash - I observe what they do best to what they did worst during that final game... and review our team is in comparison. Then I have an ideal what the Cowboys need to do in the off-season to approach that level.
Subsequently I create expectations for the upcoming season - and am willing to discuss with other Cowboys Fans what they think.
It really is connection - bonding moment with a stranger ceases to be that briefly because he has on The Star On The Cap or she's sporting a top with a COWBOYS logo.
Pretty much, just follow the Cowboys.
But glad you find enjoyment watching the rest of the NFL.