First Take: trade scenario: Cowboys trade Prescott & 17th pick to Dolphins

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I wish some if you would get off Tua the guy is injury prone. He’s had a list of injuries along with the hip.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Miami passes on that deal.

I follow them and they have been set on sinking or swimming off a 2020 draft QB.
The Fins are set to be swimming in some good water for the 4-5 years if they can figure out a way not to screw the pooch.
How many top picks the Fins have, about atleast 5 first rounders in the next two drafts?...lol

garyv

Reaction score
If we can get Herbert at 5 and Fitzmagic and we swap picks at 17 - 18 ..... sold.

If Tua is the one there at 5, not sure Id take it.

I watched Herbert Combine and actually came away impressed. Hes got a strong arm and passes were pretty good.
He seemed to move well too. He also had a very good attitude.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dak for the 5th pick in the draft and a 3rd rounder is ridiculous. Miami would jump all over that trade.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Why on earth would any team in a position to draft a top QB rookie prospect trade for a QB (barring AR, Wilson and one or two others) who wants to be paid as the highest and is due for a contract? A lot of winning teams try and build around a rookie qb while they’re still on a rookie contract, not the other way around. Mahomes, Goff and Wentz come to mind.
Maybe they are scared of his injury history? He didn’t finish a single season in college. All of them ended with him injured and on the bench

I like his talent

I fear his penchant for injuries

and don’t say “those were all freak injuries” because at some point if the freak injuries happen to the same guy, it might be the guy

in an alternate universe where we keep a’dal and take Tua at 17 to see what we have with jinx maybe I would be on board but that’s a fantasy.

as is, price is too high from a risk and cost perspective

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This isn’t serious. It’s a vehicle for talking about Dak being overrated because people want to talk about the Cowboys.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Now way would Miami do that deal and for good reason. They are set to get a good QB with all their draft picks and pay a rookie deal. Why trade that for a average to below average QB that is demanding a contract bigger than any player in the NFL? If Dak was half as good as his ego is big, maybe we could trade him then but as it stands, no team would give you more than a 3rd rounder for him with his contract demands.

aria

Reaction score
Maybe they are scared of his injury history? He didn’t finish a single season in college. All of them ended with him injured and on the bench

I like his talent

I fear his penchant for injuries

and don’t say “those were all freak injuries” because at some point if the freak injuries happen to the same guy, it might be the guy

in an alternate universe where we keep a’dal and take Tua at 17 to see what we have with jinx maybe I would be on board but that’s a fantasy.

as is, price is too high from a risk and cost perspective

So I guess they don’t want Herbert either? or maybe even Love although doubtful.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There aren't any real good QB's in this draft IMO. Should wait until next year to replace Dak if that's what they want to do.
I'm not in favor of this, but if they can get that 5th pick for Dak this year, they can tank in 2020 for the first pick next year. I mean, if your going to setup a scenario to trade Dak, a guy that hasn't missed a game since he started, you should set it up to really make sense.

Sydla

Reaction score
That's an awful trade. It's essentially Dak and the 17th for the 5th?

Yeah. No.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I'm told that teams would have given up 2 first for Dak if we let him hit the market - that's a terrible deal!

And by the way, I am not clicking the link - will not listen to that donkey!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This trade sucks for the Cowboys. It’s actually a steal for Miami. They get to keep their 3 first round picks. This would be low risk for them. The only way we win this trade is if Tua or Herbert become Mahomes.

Miami would be one of the better teams in the NFC with everything they have doing. Cowboys would have the potential to be in last place for the next 5 years.

I like TU's talent and leadership potential, but thats all it is. His injury history is the big issue. I just dont see the kid lasting in the NFL.

Whoever drafts Tua would be ecstatic if he turned out to be as good as Dak.