First Take: trade scenario: Cowboys trade Prescott & 17th pick to Dolphins

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dallas would laugh at that lame offer.

Give up a top 10 QB about to enter his prime to move up 12 spots and take a injury prone, small, rookie QB. LOL

One the dumbest ideas we have heard.

Now for the #1 pick I do it in a heartbeat.

csirl

Reaction score
Miami has 2 x QBs on their roster who are probably better than Dak. Why would they trade?

.......runs for cover!

reddyuta

Reaction score
how many have seen Herbert play?he has the tools but very inaccurate and slow to make the throw. ImobLove has better tools if you want an inaccurate QB.

Rayman70

Reaction score
how many have seen Herbert play?he has the tools but very inaccurate and slow to make the throw. ImobLove has better tools if you want an inaccurate QB.
agree. Not sold on him at all. You nailed it with his inaccuracy.He's a project. Reminds me of Blaine Gabbert but with more tools.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
If we can get Herbert at 5 and Fitzmagic and we swap picks at 17 - 18 ..... sold.

If Tua is the one there at 5, not sure Id take it.
Yep, that's about where I stand on this deal too.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
ESPN Production Meeting: "How can we talk about the Cowboys in a new way today."
Bill Barnwell: "Well, Dak hasn't signed yet. That could be a sign the Cowboys aren't sold on him."
ESPN Production manager: "The draft is coming up. Any way you can connect some dots, maybe throw in a speculation here and there."
Barnwell: "We're connecting. We're connecting."
The results: Cowboys should trade Dak and the 17th pick to the Dolphins to draft a new quarterback. :rolleyes:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak and 17 for 5?

You can miss my

On top of that..there is no guarantee Tua is even there at 5..now you lose dak, 17, and have no qb..

Great trade, idiot
tua is going to drop in the draft. he is not that hot a commodity in NFL circles, now specially with injury rumors....Herbert is moving up and probably teams will feel long term he has a higher upside.

I don't get all the love for Tua...he is no better than Mariotta….and what makes him better than dak?

Flamma

Reaction score
Who came up with this trade idea? It's classic. A solid argument can be made that this trade sucks for both involved. It's like the movie human centipede, it sucks for everyone. Did Pittsburgh come up with this idea? Who else hates both Dallas and Miami?

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Why on earth would any team in a position to draft a top QB rookie prospect trade for a QB (barring AR, Wilson and one or two others) who wants to be paid as the highest and is due for a contract? A lot of winning teams try and build around a rookie qb while they’re still on a rookie contract, not the other way around. Mahomes, Goff and Wentz come to mind.

On the flip side, why would any team trade a 26 yr old fringe top 10 QB for a complete unknown.

I might be thinking too safely though