Audio: First Take: Troy Aikman "Pay Dak Prescott ASAP"

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak is playing very good, no where near MVP level though as I believe he still has too many unforced errors given his overall excellent pass protection.

I still question his too many passes that hit defenders in the hands, go 10 yards out of bounds, or just hit the ground. I look at scheme as the biggest reason for his success. Doesn't mean he's not progressing, but ranking mid 20s for 3 straight years under Linehan and now top 5 under Moore causes some question as to where most of the success comes from.

Only beating bad teams and standing out for 1 year after his rookie year doesnt help me side towards his side if it comes to if he's legit. He's not bad, but how good and for how long?

Just my opinion of course.
I think he's playing very close to MVP level. We have to remember we are sensitive to the errors because the Cowboys are the team we are devoted to and watch with a hard eye, but other QBs have errors too, however we are less likely to see because we don't watch all other games, and even when we see them we are less likely to care, and therefore they are less likely to remain in our conscious mind.

But your point about not beating better teams is a factor in MVP voting - really the overall record is. For him to be a legitimate contender I think the team will have to end up at least 10-6 or higher.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
So how do you reconcile your opinion with Troy Aikman's?

Of course with the understanding of whom Troy is to the Dallas Cowboys and the NFL.

What more do you STILL need to see that Troy convenienlty ignored in coming to his opinion?

I don't reconcile it. I mean, Troy has his opinions and that's cool. I like Aikman and respect his opinions regardless.

For me, it's what I explained earlier. I just don't feel like the Cowboys really have anything to lose by waiting to see. This whole pay Dak thing is going to play out how it plays out. I've said since before the season started that I don't think Dak signs until he is an FA. His agent is that guy. I think Dak and his agent have no intention of signing anything other then a contract that pays Dak at the very top of the QB wage scale and I think they only sign a deal that is for a couple of years. I think that after the new CBA is signed and in place, they want to hit the market again.

If I'm the Cowboys, I might as well see what he can do with the Pats and for the rest of the season. He's not going to sign either way so what do you have to lose?

That's how I see it.

Qcard

Reaction score
I don't reconcile it. I mean, Troy has his opinions and that's cool. I like Aikman and respect his opinions regardless.

For me, it's what I explained earlier. I just don't feel like the Cowboys really have anything to lose by waiting to see. This whole pay Dak thing is going to play out how it plays out. I've said since before the season started that I don't think Dak signs until he is an FA. His agent is that guy. I think Dak and his agent have no intention of signing anything other then a contract that pays Dak at the very top of the QB wage scale and I think they only sign a deal that is for a couple of years. I think that after the new CBA is signed and in place, they want to hit the market again.

If I'm the Cowboys, I might as well see what he can do with the Pats and for the rest of the season. He's not going to sign either way so what do you have to lose?

That's how I see it.
Fair about Aikman but we both agree he has Jerry's cellphone number. We don't....just quantifying opinions lol.

But, the Cowboys do have a lot to lose waiting it out. Dak could be that good too. The price tag started $28-$32 mil per in Training. Today Dak is good enough to bring other GMs to the table. I'd argue Dak's biggest fan is Mahomes because whatever the Cowboys pay Dak being the highest paid QB won't last a season.

If Dak tanks down the season then he'll be graded as QB FA by wins, production and intangibles. You don't find "Dak's" in Texaco as Parcells eloquently stated (those were the greatest DC HC pressers).

Waiting has a cost both ways. Cowboys waiting this long has given Dak more leverage. If they beat New England, they can't hide Dak doing it, price tag raises and more GMs come to the table. Belichick will command rain, snow and wind for Qtrs of his choice.
Cousins looks like a bargain...Dak is a better QB and passer.

Frozen700

Reaction score

Yeah how'd you know Troll Slayer?

We are both Trolls.

Don't call for the Teachers again...just keep cheering

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQ9xU9OIFMatvNgM957asx-ojG0cEFTqs2KD1vscjDqI_L3YRGt

"Teacher, Teacher"

uUu9hwp.png

#DontpayDak

Frozen700

Reaction score
No unfortunately he is real .......... do not remember the guy, but he has a real mad on for me .....:muttley:

Its so easy to send these guys into hysterics.

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQ9xU9OIFMatvNgM957asx-ojG0cEFTqs2KD1vscjDqI_L3YRGt

uUu9hwp.png

#DontpayDak

Frozen700

Reaction score
No unfortunately he is real .......... do not remember the guy, but he has a real mad on for me .....:muttley:

Its so easy to send these guys into hysterics.

Ran off to Cowboysown with Hostile, calling that his new home.

Bashing the mods and admins here.

Bashed Woodysgirl at the time, and Reality. Talked about how poorly ran this place was, and how trolls ran the place because not everyone was happy go lucky.

Go ahead deny it. I'm sure the admins can see when you took time off a while back.

Now here you are, back after that failure of a site, trying to sneak back in acting like you never left all because it went all up in smoke.

You are pathetic. You feel so strongly about this place why come back? Same mods you bash, you cry and run to when things don't go your way, when you can't bully anyone.

Pathetic move to leave, bash, and come back with your tail between your legs.

#DontpayDak

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score

Bashed Woodysgirl at the time, and Reality. Talked about how poorly ran this place was, and how trolls ran the place because not everyone was happy go lucky.

Go ahead deny it. I'm sure the admins can see when you took time off a while back.

Now here you are, back after that failure of a site, trying to sneak back in acting like you never left all because it went all up in smoke.

You are pathetic. You feel so strongly about this place why come back? Same mods you bash, you cry and run to when things don't go your way, when you can't bully anyone.

#DontpayDak

You know, some of the mods here were on that board at the time ...... So they know you are making crap up little boy ....... So try again.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score

#DontpayDak

Oh and Hostiles place is still going strong ...... I guess you are a jilted guy they banned ....... Probably blame me for that too ...... How pathetic.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I think he's playing very close to MVP level. We have to remember we are sensitive to the errors because the Cowboys are the team we are devoted to and watch with a hard eye, but other QBs have errors too, however we are less likely to see because we don't watch all other games, and even when we see them we are less likely to care, and therefore they are less likely to remain in our conscious mind.

But your point about not beating better teams is a factor in MVP voting - really the overall record is. For him to be a legitimate contender I think the team will have to end up at least 10-6 or higher.

He is playing at a MVP level.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Oh and Hostiles place is still going strong ...... I guess you are a jilted guy they banned ....... Probably blame me for that too ...... How pathetic.

Lol yeah, go ahead and lie.

You dissed this place, now look at you

uUu9hwp.png

#DontpayDak

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Lol yeah, go ahead and lie.

You dissed this place, now look at you

#DontpayDak

Never did ....... but man you sure did.

Frozen700 10-30-2012
:005:

CowboysZONE is such a suicidal place

Frozen700 4-17-2013

Cowboys Zone has a bunch of undercover haters....piece of **** site they have turned into

shall I go on?

Frozen700

Reaction score

Frozen700 10-30-2012

Frozen700 4-17-2013

Cowboys Zone has a bunch of undercover haters....piece of **** site they have turned into

shall I go on?

Yeah post yours, go on

uUu9hwp.png

#DontpayDak

Frozen700

Reaction score

Frozen700 10-30-2012

Frozen700 4-17-2013

shall I go on?

Zrinkill : Reality and his site is poorly ran. I hate it

uUu9hwp.png

#DontpayDak