First Things First: Chances this Dak Prescott's last Season| Career 73 Wins vs 2 Win Lance

Yobwocs

Reaction score

There's no way in hell you can equate us to San Francisco.

We don't have their roster. They can make it work with a cheap QB, but there's no way that we're contenders with an unproven QB.

Sure...you can say "we're not contenders with Dak anyways." That might be true. But the delusion that we can do what San Francisco does is just laughable and I'm just laughing at the thought. That's not to mention it's gonna take us a few years just to get a roster good enough even if we let Dak go and start Lance to even get into the conversation of a contender. We need pieces in DL and LB to start (which will take us 2 years to build) and our offensive line has 2 rookies; and a hot and cold right tackle.

Nick is also thinking this is the NFL of 10-15 years ago. It's not. Half the league have a QB making a fortune. It's the new normal in 2024. Someone has to win the Super Bowl and chances are it's gonna come from the half with a pricy QB.

Chasing6

Reaction score
As stated, Dak knows this is likely his last shot at a contract that maximizes his value. With a 3-4-year deal, he will be 34-35. It's why I think he's swinging for the fence. If he prioritized a Cowboy legacy or Super Bowl over money I think he would be signed by now.
Not at all, multiple QB's are playing past 35. This is most likely his biggest pay day, but may not be his last. It will come down to injury history and if he still has the desire to continue to play.

plymkr

Reaction score
How can anyone actually watch these two toolboxes?
Yeah these guys are worthless. Clickbait. Honestly they don’t say anything we on this forum say all the time. One issue I got with this video is they’re trying to make it about Dak and Lance. That’s not what’s happening here. What’s happening IMO is do the Cowboys want to sign a player that is arguably in the top 10 at his position to a 60 million APY and make him the highest paid player in the league? That’s the rub of this situation. Is it best for the team to make a player that’s not even the best at his position the highest player paid?

I’m not a Dak fan, especially Dak in the playoffs. If I had my way I’d want to move on from Dak and his 55-60 million salary and go with Lance. That’s not because I think Lance is better, it’s because I want to see if Lance can play and we’d be building for the future.

Now if Dak were to sign an extension for 30-35 APY. Then yes sign him up. I would take that in a heartbeat. Dak at 40 million APY gives us flexibility to sign a better defense. Dak at 60 million and we’re going to be bottom feeding with other parts of the team. It’s not about who’s better between Lance or Dak, it’s about Dak taking too much of the pie and not delivering when it counts.

Also I want to throw in that I feel the same exact way with Micah. I think it would cripple our team to make him the highest paid player at his position considering he doesn’t play well against quality teams and completely disappeared in all playoff games. Same situation. I’d rather pay 5-7 less talented guys that are consistent than 2 players (Dak and Micah) that are inconsistent and come up short in big games. JMO

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Everyone knows Dak can't get over the playoff hump. Why keep riding this train to nowhere? Why keep going in circles year after year? At some point people will say enough and get the hell off.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Everyone knows Dak can't get over the playoff hump. Why keep riding this train to nowhere? Why keep going in circles year after year? At some point people will say enough and get the hell off.
It's one thing to not get over a playoff hump. It's quite another thing to be entirely uncompetitive in an entire half of football against a lower ranked WC team at home. That first half by Dak Prescott against the packers pretty much has spelled the beginning of the end at Dallas. He and his agent might want $60, $65, $70 million claiming he has all the leverage - but I am certain it won't be Dallas paying that contract.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As stated, Dak knows this is likely his last shot at a contract that maximizes his value. With a 3-4-year deal, he will be 34-35. It's why I think he's swinging for the fence. If he prioritized a Cowboy legacy or Super Bowl over money I think he would be signed by now.
Have you asked Jerry if he wants him back?
Think you should ask................. :huh:

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We need to sacrifice the entire roster, owners, and fans, for the greatness of DAK!!!!!
riteee-rightttt.jpg

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So you don't think Jerry would extend Dak if he accepted $50-53M?
Why at this point money is irrelevant as Jerry wants 1 more SB before he meets the man in the sky and Dak can't get the job done.
How many more rosters are you planning on sacrificing for the Dakster?
Next...............Please!!!!