First Things First: Chances this Dak Prescott's last Season| Career 73 Wins vs 2 Win Lance

DuncanIso

Reaction score
As stated, Dak knows this is likely his last shot at a contract that maximizes his value. With a 3-4-year deal, he will be 34-35. It's why I think he's swinging for the fence. If he prioritized a Cowboy legacy or Super Bowl over money I think he would be signed by now.
There’s too much dead cap from his current contract.

He’s too expensive.

Then they traded for Lance….

CWR

Reaction score
Delusional. Trance may not even beat out Rush.

What new HC wants to take a team led by Trance??? :thumbdown:
If that is the case, which is clearly more likely than not, it could still be a positive. The reason being, due to our lack of urgency in FA we will have a healthy cap for a new coach to build with. A new coach may like the idea of starting with his own qb sooner than later. Whether we draft or sign someone via FA the ability to do so shouldn't be hampered by cap.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I wouldn't extend Dak no matter what, even if he agreed to change nothing in the current contract and simply extend it another year or two. I've seen enough playoff failure, it's time to move on.
Surprise!!!!!!!! (LOL)
Dude.....you would let Dak walk even if he agreed to play for free.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Everyone knows Dak can't get over the playoff hump. Why keep riding this train to nowhere? Why keep going in circles year after year? At some point people will say enough and get the hell off.
At what point will you get the hell off? If they sign Dak to a no trade extension?

Chasing6

Reaction score
If that is the case, which is clearly more likely than not, it could still be a positive. The reason being, due to our lack of urgency in FA we will have a healthy cap for a new coach to build with. A new coach may like the idea of starting with his own qb sooner than later. Whether we draft or sign someone via FA the ability to do so shouldn't be hampered by cap.
We will have a lot of dead Cap money next year if Dak is not resigned. You also have DLaw and possible Martin's to deal with.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We will have a lot of dead Cap money next year if Dak is not resigned. You also have DLaw and possible Martin's to deal with.
Are you Dak lovers that much out of the realm of reality? :huh:
Dlaw and Martin's last season kicks off in Sept.

Qcard

Reaction score
Now if Dak were to sign an extension for 30-35 APY. Then yes sign him up. I would take that in a heartbeat. Dak at 40 million APY gives us flexibility to sign a better defense. Dak at 60 million and we’re going to be bottom feeding with other parts of the team. It’s not about who’s better between Lance or Dak, it’s about Dak taking too much of the pie and not delivering when it counts.

Also I want to throw in that I feel the same exact way with Micah. I think it would cripple our team to make him the highest paid player at his position considering he doesn’t play well against quality teams and completely disappeared in all playoff games. Same situation. I’d rather pay 5-7 less talented guys that are consistent than 2 players (Dak and Micah) that are inconsistent and come up short in big games. JMO
What logical conclusion led you to believe that Stephen Jones will spend any money saved from a Prescott discount on other good players??

You might not be a Dak Hater but your opinion dabbles in Dak Hate logic :lmao: :lmao:

Chasing6

Reaction score
What logical conclusion led you to believe that Stephen Jones will spend any money saved from a Prescott discount on other good players??

You might not be a Dak Hater but your opinion dabbles in Dak Hate logic :lmao: :lmao:
GM Jethro needs to save money to offset the dead cap coming from DLaw and Martin.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Yeah these guys are worthless. Clickbait. Honestly they don’t say anything we on this forum say all the time. One issue I got with this video is they’re trying to make it about Dak and Lance. That’s not what’s happening here. What’s happening IMO is do the Cowboys want to sign a player that is arguably in the top 10 at his position to a 60 million APY and make him the highest paid player in the league? That’s the rub of this situation. Is it best for the team to make a player that’s not even the best at his position the highest player paid?

I’m not a Dak fan, especially Dak in the playoffs. If I had my way I’d want to move on from Dak and his 55-60 million salary and go with Lance. That’s not because I think Lance is better, it’s because I want to see if Lance can play and we’d be building for the future.

Now if Dak were to sign an extension for 30-35 APY. Then yes sign him up. I would take that in a heartbeat. Dak at 40 million APY gives us flexibility to sign a better defense. Dak at 60 million and we’re going to be bottom feeding with other parts of the team. It’s not about who’s better between Lance or Dak, it’s about Dak taking too much of the pie and not delivering when it counts.

Also I want to throw in that I feel the same exact way with Micah. I think it would cripple our team to make him the highest paid player at his position considering he doesn’t play well against quality teams and completely disappeared in all playoff games. Same situation. I’d rather pay 5-7 less talented guys that are consistent than 2 players (Dak and Micah) that are inconsistent and come up short in big games. JMO
Now if Dak were to play for league minimum.....

Why not just say, if KC would trade us Mahomes for a 5th round comp pick.

Proof

Reaction score
Brou and Wright have been flip flopping on Dak since he joined the league in 2016. One minute he is excellent next minute he is a bum. I am also so tired of the bs that the Cowboys can’t sign all three of Dak, CeeDee, and Parsons. Yes they can.
honestly, I feel like that's the most rational position on dak lol. One minutes he *is* excellent. And one minute he *is* a bum. it's so frustrating.