First Things First: Chances this Dak Prescott's last Season| Career 73 Wins vs 2 Win Lance

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
And he sees this, I think Dak walks but i think it will be Dak deciding to walk...Jerry will make a run at signing him, i think Dak will tell Jerry "I'll take my chances in FA" if Dak chooses to remain with Jerry after that ..I might question his intelligence.
It’s going to be too late to make a run at signing him once the regular season starts. If they’re going to extend him it has to be before training camp or during camp. Once we set sail during the regular season, Dak is likely to play it out and test the market once he becomes a free agent. It will then become a bidding war and the Cowboys will lose out. He’ll be signed within 24 to 36 hours. It may not take 24 hours if he has a season like last year.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

Just another show with a bunch of yapping loudmouths who talk over each other. :rolleyes: It’s almost like anyone can have a platform for an NFL show these days. Just get a group of idiots and have them laugh and interrupt each other for 30 minutes and you’ll have some NFL fans listen to it.

Brax

Reaction score
I wonder sometimes why fans like yourself are fans. If you are. Can’t tell by the constant negativity spewing in every post.
It’s not negative if it’s the truth, unlike your constant negativity about everyone else but Dak and name calling and insulting everyone who doesn’t agree with your opinion wrong as it almost always is. Tell what did I say that wasn’t true, you might not like it and it hurts but the truth usually does

DuncanIso

Reaction score
It’s going to be too late to make a run at signing him once the regular season starts. If they’re going to extend him it has to be before training camp or during camp. Once we set sail during the regular season, Dak is likely to play it out and test the market once he becomes a free agent. It will then become a bidding war and the Cowboys will lose out. He’ll be signed within 24 to 36 hours. It may not take 24 hours if he has a season like last year.
How do they give him a new contract?

The cap is wasted.

We still owe $100+ million in dead cap because of Dak.

shabazz

Reaction score
How can anyone actually watch these two toolboxes?
It's off season, baseball sucks so when anybody talks NFL it's worth a quick look see.

Interesting to see the different takes on football and WHY they came to their conclusions.

As long as ESPNs Booger McFarland is on TV, the bar is set very low.

EDIT.....you could have left the "boxes" off of "toolboxes".... just saying.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Trance has zero to little experience. If he is the plan moving forward with a new coach and another new offense that will be a catastrophe for him and his continued delayed development.

Just look at what happened to Mack Jones after having great rookie season. They changed his OC 3 times in 3 years and wonder why he went backwards.

If you are a new coach in Dallas with high expectations, you don't want to be tied to Trance, it will be a career suicide.

So regardless if they keep Dak or not, if their plan or lack their of, is to role the dice with Trance, they should 100% keep MM.

The only way MM is gone in my opinion is if they plan on moving on from Dak and Trance.
Good QBs can go with any good offensive game coordinator tailored to their talents. It’s the not so great QBs who you keep hearing about molding the offense to or making it “QB-friendly” year after year. Whether “Trance” is either is moot since it’s too early to tell as he’s been injured for two years. Mac Jones likely just sucks.

Last edited:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
true some are here for the fire thats for sure...but there are some of us who are just disgusted with this FO because its hard to watch what they are doing to the team we love. I dont hold those who are positive in contempt as i completely understand that also...but the ones venting at this FO also have a legit complaint..but yeah i agree there are some here just for the chaos..no doubt.
I’m fed up with the FO as well. I just don’t dwell on it constantly.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
How do they give him a new contract?

The cap is wasted.

We still owe $100+ million in dead cap because of Dak.
The cap difficulties are not “because of Dak”. It is because of how the Cowboys chose to handle Dak’s contract in deference to the cap. Other teams pay their quarterback more than $40 million AAV and do not have the cap issues the Cowboys currently have. I hope Dak leaves in free agency, frankly, I hope he’s simply cut right now. The cap issues the FO whines about are not Dak’s fault. The issues are 100% the fault of the FO.

plymkr

Reaction score
I would be happy with a full on rebuild. I would be happy with going all in with Dak.

The problem is GM Jethro will do neither one of them. He will do just enough to hang out at the rim.
I would be happy with a clear cut decision. Either way. Sign Dak and build off him or completely rebuild. What they’re doing now seems indecisive and reactive and that’s no way to run a football team. I think Dak is more the point of conversation but the real problem IMO is Jerry hasn’t been proactive and it appears we don’t have a plan.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
There's no way in hell you can equate us to San Francisco.

We don't have their roster. They can make it work with a cheap QB, but there's no way that we're contenders with an unproven QB.

Sure...you can say "we're not contenders with Dak anyways." That might be true. But the delusion that we can do what San Francisco does is just laughable and I'm just laughing at the thought. That's not to mention it's gonna take us a few years just to get a roster good enough even if we let Dak go and start Lance to even get into the conversation of a contender. We need pieces in DL and LB to start (which will take us 2 years to build) and our offensive line has 2 rookies; and a hot and cold right tackle.

Nick is also thinking this is the NFL of 10-15 years ago. It's not. Half the league have a QB making a fortune. It's the new normal in 2024. Someone has to win the Super Bowl and chances are it's gonna come from the half with a pricy QB.
Went 4-1 with bum-assed Rush. Surely Dak is irreplaceable.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Good QBs can go with any good offensive game coordinator tailored to their talents. It’s the not so great QBs who you keep hearing about molding the offense to or making it “QB-friendly” year after year. Whether “Trance” is either is moot since it’s too early to tell as he’s been injured for two years. Mac Jones likely just sucks.
Trance is a wast time, money and draft capital.