First Things First: Chances this Dak Prescott's last Season| Career 73 Wins vs 2 Win Lance

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
honestly, I feel like that's the most rational position on dak lol. One minutes he *is* excellent. And one minute he *is* a bum. it's so frustrating.
Try and think objectively why that is.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I wouldn't extend Dak no matter what, even if he agreed to change nothing in the current contract and simply extend it another year or two. I've seen enough playoff failure, it's time to move on.
Move on because he’s getting signed.

Brax

Reaction score
Delusional. Trance may not even beat out Rush.

What new HC wants to take a team led by Trance??? :thumbdown:
I don’t know about delusional but I believe if MM is in their plans Dak will be resigned. If it’s a prove it year for MM which would obviously be aCCG with a high end showing then If not then MM is gone. I don’t think a HC is going to agree to Dak as MM did in desperation for a job. After Daks post seasons meltdowns a new HC will want his own QB. Not saying JJ will not resign Dak and pick a new HC willing to accept him. Smart move is to let the season play out and if I’m Jerry no Super Bowl goodbye to MM and Dak

GMO415

Reaction score
As stated, Dak knows this is likely his last shot at a contract that maximizes his value. With a 3-4-year deal, he will be 34-35. It's why I think he's swinging for the fence. If he prioritized a Cowboy legacy or Super Bowl over money I think he would be signed by now.
He's never getting a SB with DAL

Chasing6

Reaction score
I don’t know about delusional but I believe if MM is in their plans Dak will be resigned. If it’s a prove it year for MM which would obviously be aCCG with a high end showing then If not then MM is gone. I don’t think a HC is going to agree to Dak as MM did in desperation for a job. After Daks post seasons meltdowns a new HC will want his own QB. Not saying JJ will not resign Dak and pick a new HC willing to accept him. Smart move is to let the season play out and if I’m Jerry no Super Bowl goodbye to MM and Dak
Trance has zero to little experience. If he is the plan moving forward with a new coach and another new offense that will be a catastrophe for him and his continued delayed development.

Just look at what happened to Mack Jones after having great rookie season. They changed his OC 3 times in 3 years and wonder why he went backwards.

If you are a new coach in Dallas with high expectations, you don't want to be tied to Trance, it will be a career suicide.

So regardless if they keep Dak or not, if their plan or lack their of, is to role the dice with Trance, they should 100% keep MM.

The only way MM is gone in my opinion is if they plan on moving on from Dak and Trance.

Brax

Reaction score
Trance has zero to little experience. If he is the plan moving forward with a new coach and another new offense that will be a catastrophe for him and his continued delayed development.

Just look at what happened to Mack Jones after having great rookie season. They changed his OC 3 times in 3 years and wonder why he went backwards.

If you are a new coach in Dallas with high expectations, you don't want to be tied to Trance, it will be a career suicide.

So regardless if they keep Dak or not, if their plan or lack their of, is to role the dice with Trance, they should 100% keep MM.

The only way MM is gone in my opinion is if they plan on moving on from Dak and Trance.
I didn’t suggest TL as anything my post was a prove it season for both Dak and MM. it a great post season (if they make it) is the only way MM or Dak should be resigned. MM has benefited from soft opponents like Dak so no SB or the the greatest CCG ever played with a loss should be the only way both should be resigned, MM hooked his wagon to Dak and so far he’s on a sinking boat.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I didn’t suggest TL as anything my post was a prove it season for both Dak and MM. it a great post season (if they make it) is the only way MM or Dak should be resigned. MM has benefited from soft opponents like Dak so no SB or the the greatest CCG ever played with a loss should be the only way both should be resigned, MM hooked his wagon to Dak and so far he’s on a sinking boat.
Jerry is a sinking ship.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've exhausted trying to figure out, attribute, blame, etc. there are a hundred different ways to spin it, and at this point i'm over it. just hoping for the best
I think the way dak plays, speaks for itself.

He can be so good, then unfathomably bad.

So both sides of the fan base have merit.

CWR

Reaction score
We will have a lot of dead Cap money next year if Dak is not resigned. You also have DLaw and possible Martin's to deal with.
Understood, but it cleans up considerably after that. The new coach would do a year and likely be in position to draft a qb high or sign a FA.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
That would be an actual GM's way of thinking..pick a coach and get him the players he needs and wants to run his schemes...this however is no where near what our GM does...thats the problem. If he hired a HC and the HC said "I need a new QB" they 100% need to move in that direction..thats how you hold a coach accountable for winning..right now JErry cant do that because he is always stepping all over the coach so how can he be held accountable? Hell the last 2 coaches had ready made OC's they had to take...how would that even work for accountability?

Brax

Reaction score
That would be an actual GM's way of thinking..pick a coach and get him the players he needs and wants to run his schemes...this however is no where near what our GM does...thats the problem. If he hired a HC and the HC said "I need a new QB" they 100% need to move in that direction..thats how you hold a coach accountable for winning..right now JErry cant do that because he is always stepping all over the coach so how can he be held accountable? Hell the last 2 coaches had ready made OC's they had to take...how would that even work for accountability?
Agreed Jerry tells the coach who he gets as players, he’s not hiring a independent coach he hires yes men, MM is a perfect example of a Jerry hire, he told Jerry everything Jerry wanted to hear and BS him about all he did after being fired from GB.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Agreed Jerry tells the coach who he gets as players, he’s not hiring a independent coach he hires yes men, MM is a perfect example of a Jerry hire, he told Jerry everything Jerry wanted to hear and BS him about all he did after being fired from GB.
I wonder sometimes why fans like yourself are fans. If you are. Can’t tell by the constant negativity spewing in every post.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I wonder sometimes why fans like yourself are fans. If you are. Can’t tell by the constant negativity spewing in every post.
Rock you can be a fan and expect better without not being a fan....we should all demand better from this FO, its becomming historically bad..

Chasing6

Reaction score
If the future plan is for Dak or Trance then MM should remain as the HC. Trance with a 3rd HC, a 3rd OC and a 3rd offense would be a nightmare for him.

plymkr

Reaction score
Now if Dak were to play for league minimum.....

Why not just say, if KC would trade us Mahomes for a 5th round comp pick.
There’s a big difference between league minimum and 35 million a year.