First Things First: Chances this Dak Prescott's last Season| Career 73 Wins vs 2 Win Lance

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
There’s a big difference between league minimum and 35 million a year.
not really in this context..Why in the world would Dak take 35 mill with FA looming? Its as realistic as asking hijm to play for league minimum..would get the same reaction from Dak's team.

plymkr

Reaction score
not really in this context..Why in the world would Dak take 35 mill with FA looming? Its as realistic as asking hijm to play for league minimum..would get the same reaction from Dak's team.
No, there’s about 34 million differences. I could care less what Dak puts in his wallet every season. I care about the team overall. If we sign Dak to 60 million APY we will have a top 10 QB and no one to support him but rookies and low end FA. Just like if we pay Parsons 35 million we will have no one on defense to support him. Problem with Prescott and Parsons is they don’t raise their game when it counts.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
No, there’s about 34 million differences. I could care less what Dak puts in his wallet every season. I care about the team overall. If we sign Dak to 60 million APY we will have a top 10 QB and no one to support him but rookies and low end FA. Just like if we pay Parsons 35 million we will have no one on defense to support him. Problem with Prescott and Parsons is they don’t raise their game when it counts.
Sure we all want the players to take "Team Friendly" deals the problem is they dont have to they have options..thats more of what i was saying. They can ask Dak to do 35 mill a year his Agents and he would see that as pretty much asking him to play for league minimum...Dak not going to take a paycut that you can be 100% sure of.

plymkr

Reaction score
Sure we all want the players to take "Team Friendly" deals the problem is they dont have to they have options..thats more of what i was saying. They can ask Dak to do 35 mill a year his Agents and he would see that as pretty much asking him to play for league minimum...Dak not going to take a paycut that you can be 100% sure of.
Right. I agree that Dak won’t take a pay cut. We’re on the same page there. My original comment about signing him to 30 or 40 a year was more about Dak is not competing against Lance for a 60 million a year but against the salary cap. Going back to my point in that post. Dak is arguably a top 10 QB. So Dak is an above average starter but not elite. Is it good for the team to make him the highest paid player in the league? That’s what Dak is competing against. It’s not Lance. If Dak was not asking to reset the market he would have been signed by now. It has nothing to do with Lance.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Right. I agree that Dak won’t take a pay cut. We’re on the same page there. My original comment about signing him to 30 or 40 a year was more about Dak is not competing against Lance for a 60 million a year but against the salary cap. Going back to my point in that post. Dak is arguably a top 10 QB. So Dak is an above average starter but not elite. Is it good for the team to make him the highest paid player in the league? That’s what Dak is competing against. It’s not Lance. If Dak was not asking to reset the market he would have been signed by now. It has nothing to do with Lance.
Im pretty sure we dont know what Dak is asking for since the FO has not reached out to even start negotiations..they are using that great strategy of waiting till every other QB signs and drives the market up before offering him anything it would seem.

plymkr

Reaction score
No. They are both unbelievably stupid.
Well since you’re being condescending I’ll match you. What’s stupid is to pay a player is arguably in the top ten at his position, not even the best QB in the division, not close to elite, chokes in the playoffs, panics if his first read isn’t there and has hit his ceiling. Making that player the richest player in NFL history is stupid.

plymkr

Reaction score
Im pretty sure we dont know what Dak is asking for since the FO has not reached out to even start negotiations..they are using that great strategy of waiting till every other QB signs and drives the market up before offering him anything it would seem.
True. Who knows what Jerry is thinking. He was pretty upset after the Green Bay loss. I do feel Jerry is playing this very poorly by his reactive approach as opposed to being proactive. I agree that it’s a poor decision to “wait and see” what happens before making a decision or trying to sign him. For all we know Dak may have agreed to a lesser contract if Jerry started the process earlier. Jerry is definitely screwing this up IMO.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
True. Who knows what Jerry is thinking. He was pretty upset after the Green Bay loss. I do feel Jerry is playing this very poorly by his reactive approach as opposed to being proactive. I agree that it’s a poor decision to “wait and see” what happens before making a decision or trying to sign him. For all we know Dak may have agreed to a lesser contract if Jerry started the process earlier. Jerry is definitely screwing this up IMO.
100% Jerry had options he chose the worste one because now there will be no bargain for anything if Dak walks (Which again im not totally against) your going to get next to nothing for it..what a huge waste of time to be honest. Bright side is it could force Jerry into a rebuild.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
100% Jerry had options he chose the worste one because now there will be no bargain for anything if Dak walks (Which again im not totally against) your going to get next to nothing for it..what a huge waste of time to be honest. Bright side is it could force Jerry into a rebuild.
Not next to nothing just nothing.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Well since you’re being condescending I’ll match you. What’s stupid is to pay a player is arguably in the top ten at his position, not even the best QB in the division, not close to elite, chokes in the playoffs, panics if his first read isn’t there and has hit his ceiling. Making that player the richest player in NFL history is stupid.
I am not arguing to pay him. However Dak is by far the best QB in NFCE.

GM Jethro has backed himself into a corner with his incompetence. To the point were some Cowboys fans are desperate enough to believe Trance is the solution.

If we pay Dak we most likely will not win a SB. If we let Dak walk we definitely are not winning a SB and we will not be hanging around the rim either.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Rock you can be a fan and expect better without not being a fan....we should all demand better from this FO, its becomming historically bad..
But to come to a message board and do nothing but spew hate every day? You think that’s normal? Look at every positive thread. The same people once on it bashing the poster for being positive.

plymkr

Reaction score
Completely agree. Jerry destroyed his options. I’m kind of disgusted with Jerry and his offspring right now. They handled this so poorly. Part of me wants to to blow up in their face. Whatever that means, so rebuild, Dak wins out, whatever. Whatever exposes Jerry would make me happy right now. Anyway, thanks for letting me vent. To me I’m more mad at Jerry than I am “against Dak”. I like Dak but Jerry has screwed this up

Chasing6

Reaction score
Completely agree. Jerry destroyed his options. I’m kind of disgusted with Jerry and his offspring right now. They handled this so poorly. Part of me wants to to blow up in their face. Whatever that means, so rebuild, Dak wins out, whatever. Whatever exposes Jerry would make me happy right now. Anyway, thanks for letting me vent. To me I’m more mad at Jerry than I am “against Dak”. I like Dak but Jerry has screwed this up
I would be happy with a full on rebuild. I would be happy with going all in with Dak.

The problem is GM Jethro will do neither one of them. He will do just enough to hang out at the rim.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
thats exactly where i am at also.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
But to come to a message board and do nothing but spew hate every day? You think that’s normal? Look at every positive thread. The same people once on it bashing the poster for being positive.
true some are here for the fire thats for sure...but there are some of us who are just disgusted with this FO because its hard to watch what they are doing to the team we love. I dont hold those who are positive in contempt as i completely understand that also...but the ones venting at this FO also have a legit complaint..but yeah i agree there are some here just for the chaos..no doubt.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The Joneses must be idiots if they’re mindset is this is going to be a prove it year for Dak when they did nothing to improve the team. They want him to prove it on a team that lost a bunch of players and they weren’t active and free agency? :rolleyes: They did absolutely nothing to help him.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The Joneses must be idiots if they’re mindset is this is going to be a prove it year for Dak when they did nothing to improve the team. They want him to prove it on a team that lost a bunch of players and they weren’t active and free agency? :rolleyes: They did absolutely nothing to help him.
And he sees this, I think Dak walks but i think it will be Dak deciding to walk...Jerry will make a run at signing him, i think Dak will tell Jerry "I'll take my chances in FA" if Dak chooses to remain with Jerry after that ..I might question his intelligence.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The one bonehead said the Cowboys might decide to go to San Francisco route. San Francisco went with a QB that led them to the NFC championship the year before. How are we going to go to San Francisco route when we don’t have a QB behind Dak that accomplish that? :huh: San Francisco dumped a couple of QBs because they had a better one that proved to be better. We’re currently stuck with one of the QBs that San Francisco gave up on who only has 2 NFL wins to his credit.