Video: Fish: “Cowboys Talking to KJ Wright”

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Jaylon situation is so weird to me. Then again, his extension came out of nowhere so I assume this is just Jerry going rogue.

I think his days on the weak side are done. If he ends up at Sam, I don't see how you justify his contract regardless of play, so maybe they're going to give him one last shot to live up to his contract at Mike?

I expect him to be the league's most overpaid, underutilized strongside linebacker.
I think I read that PFF had him rated as a top 10 LB the last two seasons. Last year he played strong-side, but prior to that he has played the will. The Neal signing as muddled the roster, but they can always mix up the lineups to get the best people in there. Injuries will happen as well. The last 3 seasons, he hasn't missed a game. Certainly would rather sign him over resigning Lee. They are going to have to bring an another starting caliber linebacker due to Lve's health and the loss of Joe Thomas. I figure 1 free agent and 1 found in the draft.

I had planned on the team drafting at least two, especially given the questions around the long-term futures of who we currently have.

quickccc

Reaction score
Have you seen these great instincts in the last 2 years?

Neither one of them is very good. So to me, you get rid of the one that isn't going to hurt your cap....LVE.

Frankly between from the concerning injuries,… particularly the neck and shoulders, ..to the utter mayhem that’s continued in the past coaching staff, …to the lack of big boy horses in the trenches,
..i still not sure have got to see LVE at his top potential to say has he really had a chance to further demonstrate his ability since his breakout rookie year.

- I questioned if this team has placed him in the best position to succeed.
For instance, this team has to decide what he is .. weakside or middle LB ?

- Also we need steady stability and ideal coaching – between the mutiny with Kris Richard vs LB coach Ben Bloom, and Mike Nolan’s chaos and having the NFL’s worst run defense DT crew.
I would have to know that I did everything in my power to give him the best chances, roles, and position to excel before I turn him loose.

- Aside from that, the injuries and durability issues could be the only thing plays in the decision.

Sydla

Reaction score
Basically Jerry and Stephen are sitting there not caring about Wright at all.

Now if this goes into next week and he's still unsigned and the Cowboys can get him for dirt cheap, they'll likely then start to have real interest.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Basically Jerry and Stephen are sitting there not caring about Wright at all.

Now if this goes into next week and he's still unsigned and the Cowboys can get him for dirt cheap, they'll likely then start to have real interest.

Has there been another (more reliable) source other than Fisher about Wright and the Cowboys?

CWR

Reaction score
It’s super awesome we are the point of debating which one sucks worse, LVE or Jaylon.

Lol, rewind to 2018 and you'll see many of us talking about the best LB duo in the league. We are a far cry from those days. Hell we were talking about a top 10 defense. It's embarrassing really.

817Gill

Reaction score
Frankly between from the concerning injuries,… particularly the neck and shoulders, ..to the utter mayhem that’s continued in the past coaching staff, …to the lack of big boy horses in the trenches,
..i still not sure have got to see LVE at his top potential to say has he really had a chance to further demonstrate his ability since his breakout rookie year.

- I questioned if this team has placed him in the best position to succeed.
For instance, this team has to decide what he is .. weakside or middle LB ?

- Also we need steady stability and ideal coaching – between the mutiny with Kris Richard vs LB coach Ben Bloom, and Mike Nolan’s chaos and having the NFL’s worst run defense DT crew.
I would have to know that I did everything in my power to give him the best chances, roles, and position to excel before I turn him loose.

- Aside from that, the injuries and durability issues could be the only thing plays in the decision.
Good analysis

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...t-inside-what-each-side-wants-nfl-free-agency

Breakdown of “talks”

few key points.

kJ and cowboys have spoke last few days. kJ seemed to think he’d come on with a two year deal but cowboys are looking at 1

said not one person in the building is against the signing of the 6’4 246 pound linebacker.
https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...t-inside-what-each-side-wants-nfl-free-agency

Breakdown of “talks”

few key points.

kJ and cowboys have spoke last few days. kJ seemed to think he’d come on with a two year deal but cowboys are looking at 1

said not one person in the building is against the signing of the 6’4 246 pound linebacker.
From one source close to the situation: Basically, If Wright is signed. You play your best players. Neal and Wright.

Signing Wright could be a game changer for this D.
How can you be a Dallas fan an not be excited about the possibility of plugging KJ Wright into this defense?

We would still have the draft to pickup an early round CB and early round BIG DT!!

Bowdown27

Reaction score
From one source close to the situation: Basically, If Wright is signed. You play your best players. Neal and Wright.

Signing Wright could be a game changer for this D.
How can you be a Dallas fan an not be excited about the possibility of plugging KJ Wright into this defense?

We would still have the draft to pickup an early round CB and early round BIG DT!!
Agreed. I’d still go linebacker too. Wright can groom them. Dylan Moses in round 3. Imagine Moses surtain and diggs LOL like Alabama reunion

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Has there been another (more reliable) source other than Fisher about Wright and the Cowboys?

only other person I saw was Broaddus saying he’s heard from people who’d know there’s “legs to this” I’m not sure If broaddus qualifies frankly but he’s better than fish imo lol

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

texbumthelife

Reaction score

Breakdown of “talks”

few key points.

Let me guess, it's Stephen Jones who's afraid to take someone that's a logical upgrade so they wont be able to claim they did it their way and look like the smartest people in the room.

ghst187

Reaction score
You give him 2 and let's go

Yeah I’d give him 2, 3 whatever. No way we are talking huge money anyway. I know they are probably giving one year deals because Daks cap hit spikes next year but we will also have more ability to cut some contract after this season...ahem cough Jaylon cough...