Video: Fish: “Cowboys Talking to KJ Wright”

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
only other person I saw was Broaddus saying he’s heard from people who’d know there’s “legs to this” I’m not sure If broaddus qualifies frankly but he’s better than fish imo lol

Thanks. I was just wondering if there was another source confirming what Fisher was claiming. It felt like something he threw out there and was trying to will into happening.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Thanks. I was just wondering if there was another source confirming what Fisher was claiming. It felt like something he threw out there and was trying to will into happening.
Fish seems REALLY sure on this one and has spoken with him too. No reason to not believe him pertaining to this. One thing I do like about Fish is he will tell us when things are bogus or a rumor..I give him that. This does seem to be based in truth. Bryan likely has the same sources Fish does.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fish seems REALLY sure on this one and has spoken with him too. No reason to not believe him pertaining to this. One thing I do like about Fish is he will tell us when things are bogus or a rumor..I give him that. This does seem to be based in truth. Bryan likely has the same sources Fish does.

I hope so. But Fish also mentioned discussions about Jarran Reed and clearly nothing came of that claim.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
From one source close to the situation: Basically, If Wright is signed. You play your best players. Neal and Wright.

Signing Wright could be a game changer for this D.
How can you be a Dallas fan an not be excited about the possibility of plugging KJ Wright into this defense?

We would still have the draft to pickup an early round CB and early round BIG DT!!
Great post, exactly how I feel.

Between the two, I think our LB's are much better, as long as they are used like they should be.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That doesn't mean there wasn't discussions.

If the Cowboys and Chiefs was offering very similar deals. I'm signing with the Chiefs too.

And you’re assuming that they made any sort of offer at all. I’m not. There was zero evidence that they showed any legitimate interest and I’m going by what I’m seeing. Or in this case, NOT SEEING.

Bowdown27

Reaction score

honestly I think that every time with fisher. But for this instance him speaking with kJ then Broaddas and pat walker I believe have been saying it’s real that they’re talking.

Let’s hope it works out.

kskboys

Reaction score
Have you seen these great instincts in the last 2 years?

Neither one of them is very good. So to me, you get rid of the one that isn't going to hurt your cap....LVE.
Yes. However, his physical injuries render them almost useless.

Do you understand what instincts are?

Now, if you're saying he's not good due to injuries and maybe we should release and move on, then I'm pretty much in agreement. I was against drafting him in the first place strictly due to injuries.

Carson

Reaction score
honestly I think that every time with fisher. But for this instance him speaking with kJ then Broaddas and pat walker I believe have been saying it’s real that they’re talking.

Let’s hope it works out.
Problem is, sources are saying they only spoke of length of contract. No financials as of yet. Not sure what they are talking about but I hope it moves forward as Wright is a force. He immediately makes us better

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Let’s hope it works out.

Agreed.

One thing I will always give Fisher rightful credit for is breaking Doug Free's retirement decision.

Even Garrett wasn't sure about that several days later. Fish definitely broke that news.

Aven8

Reaction score
18 pages in and still nothing........I’m sure the FO is worried about feelings getting hurt....

Winonesoon

Reaction score
Dallas needs talent. I'm not worried about fit at this point. Quinn can figure out where he can be used. Either you want to contend or continue down the rebuild path. Which is it?

Carson

Reaction score
Dallas needs talent. I'm not worried about fit at this point. Quinn can figure out where he can be used. Either you want to contend or continue down the rebuild path. Which is it?
Exactly.

Proven vet, dog mentality, proven winner, rated 8th out of 84 linebackers last season, super bowl champion.

This team needs more of this

DRella

Reaction score
This would be a great acquisition to replace Lee. My hope is that Lee retires and becomes a coach with Cowboys on the sidelines. Wright becomes the coach/leader of new defense on the field. Basically your QB on D.

He's probably looking for a 2 yr deal and they should give it to him. At least we will have certainty past this coming season at LB with Smith and LVE being unknown.

Carson

Reaction score
This would be a great acquisition to replace Lee. My hope is that Lee retires and becomes a coach with Cowboys on the sidelines. Wright becomes the coach/leader of new defense on the field. Basically your QB on D.

He's probably looking for a 2 yr deal and they should give it to him. At least we will have certainty past this coming season at LB with Smith and LVE being unknown.
I just can’t imagine how a team wouldn’t want a proven guy like Wright for two years opposed to one. You can make his cap hit smaller and have a proven guy for two years

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Yes, look at their snap counts when LVE is healthy. Jaylon never leaves the field. To me, it is clear that the organization thinks Jaylon is the better, more reliable player.

That’s silly.

Look at the snap count versus the number of splash plays each player had (Sturm put that together).

I’ll give you that Jaylon has been more durable but to equate that to “better” is nonsensical.

9965-C2-D8-AB78-4-E6-A-B013-603278-B90-FC8.jpg

8-DF15-A18-C5-A3-43-E3-9-A3-D-AF7-A78802101.jpg

Beaker42

Reaction score
It's not about Wright's ability, it's about what has already been invested in the linebacker group. If they had done this BEFORE they guaranteed Jaylon's money, I could see it.
So you don’t want help for the group that sorely needs it, regardless of what’s been done already - even if it was wrong??

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Locked on Cowboys says the hold up is Wright wants a 2 year deal and we only want 1. FWIW