Video: Fish: Bones vs Jones

blueblood70

Reaction score
you all are as dramatic as fish is obvious and well redundant..

we knew all this...too late now Gregs been kicking now and was rusty and hit perfect down the middle 48yarder that could have been the game winned..no conspiracy..he had bad start top the game CEDEE did he play perfectly heck no that toipped pass INT was costly his other drops not acceptable are they is that conspiracy does KM have too much power with his headset allowing a player to keep playing? hmmm,, dak was good but perfect? not even close lots of bad passes and took two sacks when he could have thrown the ball away that took us out of FG range..Odd huh did Bioadsz get pulled when getting rag doled like 5yr old into Dak by vea or did he paly through it? did brown get pulled did Parsons play perfect did he get pulled when not reading play correctly i mean does quinn have too much power with his headset OMG what are we to do players made mistakes cost us a game we were supposed to win anyway..did gregory play great? did he get pulled?

chit happens kickers sometimes blow games nothing to see here..Nick folk baily both got hurt struggled coming back were but fans got upset we didn't stick with them now that what they are trying to do stick with a kicker who typoically near prefect inside 40 and with XPs/..

get over do fans no longer have common sense do we over react to everything..jeez OMG its a conspiracy Bones has all the power been running the show must be the root cause of everything ..lmao..GZ wasnt the only player who made mistakes that all lead to the loss..

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
you all are as dramatic as fish is obvious and well redundant..

we knew all this...too late now Gregs been kicking now and was rusty and hit perfect down the middle 48yarder that could have been the game winned..no conspiracy..he had bad start top the game CEDEE did he play perfectly heck no that toipped pass INT was costly his other drops not acceptable are they is that conspiracy does KM have too much power with his headset allowing a player to keep playing? hmmm,, dak was good but perfect? not even close lots of bad passes and took two sacks when he could have thrown the ball away that took us out of FG range..Odd huh did Bioadsz get pulled when getting rag doled like 5yr old into Dak by vea or did he paly through it? did brown get pulled did Parsons play perfect did he get pulled when not reading play correctly i mean does quinn have too much power with his headset OMG what are we to do players made mistakes cost us a game we were supposed to win anyway..did gregory play great? did he get pulled?

chit happens kickers sometimes blow games nothing to see here..Nick folk baily both got hurt struggled coming back were but fans got upset we didn't stick with them now that what they are trying to do stick with a kicker who typoically near prefect inside 40 and with XPs/..

get over do fans no longer have common sense do we over react to everything..jeez OMG its a conspiracy Bones has all the power been running the show must be the root cause of everything ..lmao..GZ wasnt the only player who made mistakes that all lead to the loss..
Sounds like you are afraid of a kicking competition in practice.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Where's McCarthy in all this??

Unacceptable.

Now I'm gonna go figure out why we can't win.
yes that it FISH is right , umm no hes wrong. He reiterated everything we already knew,, this is not new news bro hes was on PUP all off season one week before game 1 kicked in a ps and seemed ok .,,.he was rusty move on..

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I know you watched the one game we played.

How'd the kicker do?

All fine, because kickers miss from time to time. I never blamed Z for a second.

Then I find out he was hurt and that may have affected his performance.

How does the staff not know this in advance?

Not only that they refused to have a second kicker in camp and were having Nusswander kick who was never a real option.

Crappy plan B and general lack of awareness by the staff which I was hoping we may be past around here. It's irritating to realize otherwise yet again.

Now.....did Z swear he was fine then use the injury as an excuse after the fact? Maybe....but the benefit of the doubt doesn't go in favor of the staff in my mind.

Meanwhile, having another kicker around is a mental distraction, but not during camp. There should have been a second kicker here all along. Not added now.

Maybe there's more to it, maybe it's same old.

Remains to be seen, but I neither wish to be right nor want to argue over it.
I like how you just put your ignorance on full display there. Greg Z recovering from back surgery has been something fully known by everyone all preseason long. You act like it was a secret just revealed. Bones made his plan for Greg's to return long ago. But you have it in your head that the timeline was much different. Greg Z has fully recovered from his surgery and was cleared by the training staff a few weeks ago. His health had nothing to do with his performance nor was his perceived lack of preparation. So here you are just hearing about things and assuming they just happened and freaking out over nothing. Greg had the yips in TB. This happens to good kickers. He'll get over it. Now you get over your little freakout.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I like how you just put your ignorance on full display there. Greg Z recovering from back surgery has been something fully known by everyone all preseason long. You act like it was a secret just revealed. Bones made his plan for Greg's to return long ago. But you have it in your head that the timeline was much different. Greg Z has fully recovered from his surgery and was cleared by the training staff a few weeks ago. His health had nothing to do with his performance nor was his perceived lack of preparation. So here you are just hearing about things and assuming they just happened and freaking out over nothing. Greg had the yips in TB. This happens to good kickers. He'll get over it. Now you get over your little freakout.

exactly i;'ve already said this 3 times ..smfh!!

that 48 yard almost game winner was straight down the middle and could have been good from 55...so theres an issue why? lots of lol

Payers have bad plays and bad games..i guess greg overshadowed Ceedees bad plays , browns bad plays, gregorys bad plays, parosns bad plays, Biadsz getting man handled a few plays.. this fan base can be straight stupid sometimes..
players not just kickers bad plays all lead to losses its like bread crumbs all games each of hose plays and some bad ref calls add up to a loss. you can go back and follow the breadcrumb plays and see why you lost..

calm down people!

McKDaddy

Reaction score
regardless last week's performance, special teams (as a whole) have been below average to putrid for years. we spend a lot of time talking about why we lose. special teams play a bigger role in our failures than we generally acknowledge.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Where's McCarthy in all this??

Unacceptable.

Now I'm gonna go figure out why we can't win.
eating twinkies, as coach jerry is bones boss, and is jerrys problem.

Unacceptable.......not to jerry!
ST in that first game were awful in a total way, not just the fg kicker.

fivetwos

Reaction score
yes that it FISH is right , umm no hes wrong. He reiterated everything we already knew,, this is not new news bro hes was on PUP all off season one week before game 1 kicked in a ps and seemed ok .,,.he was rusty move on..
Yeah I'm moving on.....gotta express the frustration first though.

For the record I'll repeat I don't think that decision nor Zuerliens performance was the reason we lost the game.

It was just curious that while most teams carry two kickers for all of camp, the year our regular guy had BACK surgery is the year we decide to go light....and add one later.

After all the FO and coaching blunders around here lately....as well as serious underachievement....a short fuse is gonna happen with fans every now and then.

All good.

blueblood70

Reaction score
eating twinkies, as coach jerry is bones boss, and is jerrys problem.

Unacceptable.......not to jerry!
ST in that first game were awful in a total way, not just the fg kicker.
rights, thats it...

you all are correct that all MM does is eat hes clueless and Jerry knows nothing they aren't having discussion and trying to find answers..you go it sycuc and awesome knowledgeable fan base that gets all their info from talking heads in their kitchens or better yet Imagine all those SM tweeters and fb experts hitting reply from their bathrooms every morning.,they are perfect source for information....lmao..fans are so so smart and just have the facts on lock..

such drama queens!! overreactions and ignorant comments. yup you are correct, the secret is out.. game one 2 point loss on the road against the SB champs..its a mess

mrmojo

Reaction score
Its not just the kicker, the special team units in general have been horrendous since Bones has been here....

fivetwos

Reaction score
rights, thats it...

you all are correct that all MM does is eat hes clueless and Jerry knows nothing they aren't having discussion and trying to find answers..you go it sycuc and awesome knowledgeable fan base that gets all their info from talking heads in their kitchens or better yet Imagine all those SM tweeters and fb experts hitting reply from their bathrooms every morning.,they are perfect source for information....lmao..fans are so so smart and just have the facts on lock..

such drama queens!! overreactions and ignorant comments. yup you are correct, the secret is out.. game one 2 point loss on the road against the SB champs..its a mess
Again I don't think the Z thing lost the game.

There was a thread just after the game adding up his missed points vs the final score.

Doesn't at all work that way.

I was overall pleased w the team performance.....but it always seems like one little very avoidable screw up haunts this team.

I was having dreams those days were behind us.....as I hope this conversation is.

Moot and unproductive at this point.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yeah I'm moving on.....gotta express the frustration first though.

For the record I'll repeat I don't think that decision nor Zuerliens performance was the reason we lost the game.

It was just curious that while most teams carry two kickers for all of camp, the year our regular guy had BACK surgery is the year we decide to go light....and add one later.

After all the FO and coaching blunders around here lately....as well as serious underachievement....a short fuse is gonna happen with fans every now and then.

All good.
you can carry two kickers and a bag of poop all offseason but the regulars kicker will kick if healthy and having good practices.

so how does a second kicker help in game 1? for al concerned GZ looked ready..so when kicker has issues mid season after almost prefect leading up to it then what another conspiracy phreaking kicker yanked easy kick..yes it made a lot of us mad at the moment but trying to find conspiracy and others to blame to point now Fishbaiter says Bones is now holding too much power and has no supervision and o one to question him..??thats chucking stupid!...over a headset. a title really?

so when he was with teh rams it was different?? they all came from he rams, a good team but now theres conspiracy issues that are not just simply he missed few and corrected it,.,wont be the last miss..that like saying CEDEE dropped his last pas or Dak thrww his last INT or Parsons missed his last tackle..:facepalm:
JEEZ!!!

COMMON SENSE!!!!!!!:banghead:

quickccc

Reaction score
Coach "Bones" Fassel is a very good Special Teams coach.
Everyone throughout the NFL knows that. He simply messed up by putting all of his eggs in the Greg Zuerlein basket, especially this preseason while Zuerlein had been injured, and refused to allow some other kicker the chance to prove himself. Now, it clearly contributed to the Cowboys Week 1 loss at the Buccaneers which the Cowboys would have won if they had a healthy and capable kicker (which Zuerlein is not at this moment).

It's good to see K Lirim Hajrullahu got added to the practice squad this week. I hope Jerry pushes Fassel to let Hajrullahu kick all week and add him to the 53 (while moving Zuerlein to temporary IR) so Hajrullahu can actually kick for us these next few games. I believe Hajrullahu will perform very well and open some eyes around here.

Keep a watch on this Bones Fassell issue with the Cowboys.

i tend to think it's only a matter of time before Bones moves on to another NFL team.
i do believe that Bones has been given significant deciding power to try to lure/acquire certain players as well as reject and push away existing players per the Cowboys trust and support
for him.

For all of his charisma and antics, ..the fake punt returns at any point of the field, the bizarre personnel changes and camp procedures, I think it's gonna take it's toll
before the club decides to allow his contract expire and he moves onto another NFL team.

It's a reason why the Rams allowed Bones' contract to expire and let him move on.

And the more i observe of Bones, the more i'll bet teams he is on, would prefer to settle for straight solid special teams without all of the antics and odd manuevers..