Video: Fish checks in; Training camp 2022!

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Man you have no stones!!

NO WAY IS ZEKE HERE next year!

Heck, his ego alone would never allow it to happen. Zeke is so set on personal statistics that he would never stay here and share the load. 4 things would have to happen:

1. Zeke would have to have a monster season
2. Pollard would have to have a bad one and NOT resign
3. Zeke would have to take a monster pay cut
4. Zeke would have to accept that he will now be sharing carries in a RB by committee and wont be guaranteed the starting job

What do you think are the odds that all 4 of those things happen?
Thats why its important this season to still find that stop gap RB, there will be cuts, vet RBs will be surprisingly abundant this season once teams have to start making some difficult decissions.
Take a look at the Ravens and JK Dobbins situation, they may just dismiss him with an injury settlement, and that is understandable, not saying I want to take that kind of risk, but he is the upside example of what is/will be available.
The success rate for RBs returning from ACL injuries isnt as spectacular as many believe, and some teams may want to cut ties with a few risks
Dobbins may be a bad example, just first off the top of my head possibly available, there will be others that are totally healthy with less risk..

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Thats why its important this season to still find that stop gap RB, there will be cuts, vet RBs will be surprisingly abundant this season once teams have to start making some difficult decissions.
Take a look at the Ravens and JK Dobbins situation, they may just dismiss him with an injury settlement, and that is understandable, not saying I want to take that kind of risk, but he is the upside example of what is/will be available.
The success rate for RBs returning from ACL injuries isnt as spectacular as many believe, and some teams may want to cut ties with a few risks
Dobbins may be a bad example, just first off the top of my head possibly available, there will be others that are totally healthy with less risk..

You and I both know they arent going to do anything. The RB3 hole continues.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
You and I both know they arent going to do anything. The RB3 hole continues.
I would call it the black hole, but there would be peeps interpreting that as some racial slam, but here we go.. RB3 is this teams Black Hole enigma.
Its not racial
its
spacial

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We like carrying those uber FBs that are roster vital components.

Why would treat the RB3 like some special teams blow off position? Especially considering how much the Cowboys like to run the football?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I would call it the black hole, but there would be peeps interpreting that as some racial slam, but here we go.. RB3 is this teams Black Hole enigma.
Its not racial
its
spacial

Either the black hole or the black sheep for sure. :thumbup:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Why would treat the RB3 like some special teams blow off position? Especially considering how much the Cowboys like to run the football?
We have a very productive WR5 that has earned his roster position.
Peeps might not understand why Noah Brown remains on this roster, but he has earned his WR5 spot clearly more than any of our RB3s, or FBs.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Either the black hole or the black sheep for sure. :thumbup:
Seems that way, why do we hate our RB3... lol
Hardy going to Philly could be some egg on Moores face if they turn Hardy into a starter.
I don't know if I would laugh or cry, maybe both and become forever just twitching and walking around laughing like a mad man wearing all my Cowboys gear at the grocery store.
Nope, not happening, I wish Hardy the best, but he has no game.
He is camp body for eagle's camp to emulate Cowboys running game.
He will be the tackling dummy for Eagles DL during camp.
Mans gotta make a buck.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
You have to think to that MM is going to want to get HIS guy in there. Zeke is from the old guard and how tired do you think guys like MM and Moore are of Jerry pushing Zeke on them?
Moore might already have his RB3 in James Washington, maybe.
Pollard and Washington are very similar athletes, position assignment is irrelevant if Moore actually recognizes and is allowed.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Can you please explain that last scenario? Are you saying it would be possible to restructure Zeke so that all he costs us next year is 5 million with no dead cap space after that?

No. We can restructure his deal where we move $5 million (essentially the amount we'd save to cut him).

Well, technically, we could restructure him for more. He has a $10.9 million base, so if we cut his base down to $900,000, then we could turn the $10 million into bonus and prorate it over four years ($2.5 million per year). That would cut his cost next year from $16.75 million to $9.25 million ($7.5 million savings against the cap), but the cost to cut him the next year would increase to $13.5 million, still less than the $14.3 to keep him, so cutting him in 2024 would still be a salary cap savings, but not much.

However, if we made $7 million into bonus instead, then we'd have $5.25 move into the next three years (2024-26). That would mean 2023 reduces to $11.5, which is lower than what we'd save to cut him. Then if we cut him the next year we'd save $3 million against the cap.

We're still going to eat a lot of dead cap, but it just depends on when you eat it. If Elliott has a year like 2021, then you cut him and take the nearly $5 million in cap savings. If he plays the full year like he was before getting hurt last year, you can restructure knowing that you can save money in 2023 and still cut him in 2024 if you necessary at a cap savings. You could probably even re-sign Pollard with the amount saved restructuring Elliott. But I'm not expecting that. I expect us to either keep Elliott or Pollard depending on how they play.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Seems that way, why do we hate our RB3... lol
Hardy going to Philly could be some egg on Moores face if they turn Hardy into a starter.
I don't know if I would laugh or cry, maybe both and become forever just twitching and walking around laughing like a mad man wearing all my Cowboys gear at the grocery store.
Nope, not happening, I wish Hardy the best, but he has no game.
He is camp body for eagle's camp to emulate Cowboys running game.
He will be the tackling dummy for Eagles DL during camp.
Mans gotta make a buck.
Hardy sucks

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
No. We can restructure his deal where we move $5 million (essentially the amount we'd save to cut him).

Well, technically, we could restructure him for more. He has a $10.9 million base, so if we cut his base down to $900,000, then we could turn the $10 million into bonus and prorate it over four years ($2.5 million per year). That would cut his cost next year from $16.75 million to $9.25 million ($7.5 million savings against the cap), but the cost to cut him the next year would increase to $13.5 million, still less than the $14.3 to keep him, so cutting him in 2024 would still be a salary cap savings, but not much.

However, if we made $7 million into bonus instead, then we'd have $5.25 move into the next three years (2024-26). That would mean 2023 reduces to $11.5, which is lower than what we'd save to cut him. Then if we cut him the next year we'd save $3 million against the cap.

We're still going to eat a lot of dead cap, but it just depends on when you eat it. If Elliott has a year like 2021, then you cut him and take the nearly $5 million in cap savings. If he plays the full year like he was before getting hurt last year, you can restructure knowing that you can save money in 2023 and still cut him in 2024 if you necessary at a cap savings. You could probably even re-sign Pollard with the amount saved restructuring Elliott. But I'm not expecting that. I expect us to either keep Elliott or Pollard depending on how they play.
I say the Cowboys find a way to keep both Zeke and Pollard after this season.