Fish: Cowboys desperate to trade up

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
+1
Notice 14 would put them in front of the Eagles but replacing the Ravens, who many mocks have link to Davis.

1) Jacksonville Jaguars
2) Detroit Lions
3) Houston Texans
4) New York Jets
5) New York Giants
6) Carolina Panthers
7) New York Giants (from Chicago Bears)
8) Atlanta Falcons
9) Seattle Seahawks (from Denver Broncos)
10) New York Jets (from Seattle Seahawks)
11) Washington Commanders
12) Minnesota Vikings
13) Houston Texans (from Cleveland Browns)
14) Baltimore Ravens
15) Philadelphia Eagles (from Miami Dolphins)
16) New Orleans Saints (from Indianapolis Colts through Philadelphia Eagles)
17) Los Angeles Chargers
18) Philadelphia Eagles (from New Orleans Saints)
19) New Orleans Saints (from Philadelphia Eagles)
20) Pittsburgh Steelers
21) New England Patriots
22) Green Bay Packers (from Las Vegas Raiders)
23) Arizona Cardinals
24) Dallas Cowboys
Thanks for posting. I don’t know if Davis or Hamilton is the target but I scoured this thread to see if anybody else noticed that top #14 jumps us in front of the 2 Eagles picks.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
My friend, this is the fun part of the draft!
He really is always wrong. Reason he is running with this trade up because of Dane brugler said he heard whispers that we want thibedaux. Now fish is all over saying trading up desperately for someone then suggest like 4 guys lol

Gaede

Reaction score
He really is always wrong. Reason he is running with this trade up because of Dane brugler said he heard whispers that we want thibedaux. Now fish is all over saying trading up desperately for someone then suggest like 4 guys lol

Of course he is! We all know it. I will, however, accept his clickbait today and tomorrow because it's fun to talk about right before the draft

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Thanks for posting. I don’t know if Davis or Hamilton is the target but I scoured this thread to see if anybody else noticed that top #14 jumps us in front of the 2 Eagles picks.

I've heard/seen/read several mocks of Davis to the Eagles.......it's no secret this is Cox's last season. But hell, the Eagles can easily move up if they want to........with their capital.

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
I've heard/seen/read several mocks of Davis to the Eagles.......it's no secret this is Cox's last season. But hell, the Eagles can easily move up if they want to........with their capital.
I personally don’t see Jerry trading up for a DT but if they jumped the Eagles to get him and help keep Parsons free to search and destroy I’m all for it. I feel like they either want a WR ahead of the Eagles or they are targeting Trevor Penning. But heck, what do I know.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Gallup was a 3rd round pick. But yeah, at some point it gets ridiculous. And now trade up for a WR? The only thing that would surprise me more is if they drafted a K.

I did forget LB. They did draft LVE and Parsons in the 1st and Jaylon in the 2nd. And they invested heavily in the OL before that. I still think there’s a point when you need to start investing in other positions and we’ve reached that point with WR. I wouldn’t spend any more than a 3rd on WR. I definitely wouldn’t trade a 1st and 2nd for one.

rambo2

Reaction score
I have. He’s notoriously wrong about stuff.
Obviously you don't understand that he reports what he is told. There isn't a wrong or a right. If you do watch him, you aren't listening very well.

rambo2

Reaction score
He’s got a pretty bad rep around here for being reliable. I’ve watched him a few times and can’t get past his persona. To each his own.

Based on your recommendation I’ll try to not discount him so quickly. But it’ll be hard.
The rep around here is to bad mouth everything Cowboys.

rambo2

Reaction score
Fish isn't saying that. He is repeating what a source from another team told him.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
I doubt very seriously the Cowboys are looking to trade up into the top 14, especially prior to the draft. Not only would it be costly but they have no idea who’s going to be available in the top 14. If they trade up it will be during the draft to select a player that’s falling.
I think he means they are making calls for a trade up partner for draft day, not trading as of today.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
I think at 24, we might be in a great position if the QB’s fall in this draft, we could get a some good value

JHolz2020

Reaction score
Really they are just trying to cover all their bases. There is no way in hell they would trade up before the draft so they are just putting feelers out to see what it would take to move up to certain spots in the middle of the 1st. If they do indeed have 1 target then they have to come up with multiple potential trade up scenarios. I mean with this class who the hell knows who will be available after the first dozen picks or so. If this is at all true I would guess Davis or Thibodeaux is the target

baltcowboy

Reaction score
According to Dallas reporters, including Jane, Dallas is coveting 3 players.
  • Cross, a future pro bowl left tackle in their opinion, and yes, he would plug in at guard this year, but it’s a pick for future years.
  • Drake London, WR who has unique size and skills not seen every year…..chain mover, Redzone, and gets downfield.
  • Penning….again, future left tackle….immediate guard….if Cross is gone.
Why top 14? Duh! Philly picks at 15! They don’t want Philly’s leftovers. They clearly covet these three guys and feel they will get one at 14.

I know there are fans here who want Williams, Olave, others. There are good route runners and those who can learn to be good route runners. There are quick, speedy WRs in every draft, and they are wonderful, but sounds like Dallas sees something rare in London.

And for those who hate wr in round 1. It’s the smart move if there’s someone there you love. Get a great one on a rookie contract you control for 4-5 years as wr contracts explode. This draft is much deeper in starting caliber guards than in franchise Left tackles or truly special ready to go WRs. Clearly, the Cowboys don’t want to just take a guard at 24 and be happy. Maybe get your LT and still get a guard later or a great wr and a starting guard later.
I think Dallas will get one of these three. Fingers crossed for Cross.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I think he means they are making calls for a trade up partner for draft day, not trading as of today.

If he does mean that then I still think he’s wrong, at least not trading up 14 spots. Any possible trade up will happen during the draft and it will likely be only two or three spots if we do. Jerry and Stephen would have to be drooling over a player to move up any more than seven or eight spots. They don’t want to be giving up draft picks.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
If he does mean that then I still think he’s wrong, at least not trading up 14 spots. Any possible trade up will happen during the draft and it will likely be only two or three spots if we do. Jerry and Stephen would have to be drooling over a player to move up any more than seven or eight spots. They don’t want to be giving up draft picks.
The logic he gives is that the Jones believe there are only 14-16 first round grades given by their evaluation.

Thus a trade up for a coveted player in the top 14.

Who knows if there is any truth to it but they are supposedly working the phones already for a trade partner in that range.

The trade would occur on draft day and on the clock.

Remember, this is Fish we are talking about.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The logic he gives is that the Jones believe there are only 14-16 first round grades given by their evaluation.

Thus a trade up for a coveted player in the top 14.

Who knows if there is any truth to it but they are supposedly working the phones already for a trade partner in that range.

The trade would occur on draft day and on the clock.

Remember, this is Fish we are talking about.

Jerry is saying they have 14-16 first round grades. If that’s true we’re more likely to trade down.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Jerry is saying they have 14-16 first round grades. If that’s true we’re more likely to trade down.
That is my thought but Fishy thinks they may trade up for that 1st round value and they also think rounds 3-5 are where the depth is in this draft.

So get your guy early and then work the later rounds, they think second round is weaker which is absurd and scary!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That is my thought but Fishy thinks they may trade up for that 1st round value and they also think rounds 3-5 are where the depth is in this draft.

So get your guy early and then work the later rounds, they think second round is weaker which is absurd and scary!

I’ve seen a couple of videos of Fish that have been posted here and I don’t take anything he says about the Cowboys seriously.