Fish: Cowboys desperate to trade up

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
I’ve seen a couple of videos of Fish that have been posted here and I don’t take anything he says about the Cowboys seriously.
Me either just explaining what he said and what the Jones said at the pre-draft presser.

Fish is just wanting clicks but who freakin knows what the Jones boys do.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Me either just explaining what he said and what the Jones said at the pre-draft presser.

Fish is just wanting clicks but who freakin knows what the Jones boys do.

Jerry admitted he’s not as big a risk taker as he used to be. With the players the Cowboys have lost and the holes they’ve failed to fill in free agency they’re going to need all their draft picks. The draft is such a crapshoot and this draft doesn’t appear to be a very strong first round draft. Jerry probably isn’t bluffing that they only have about 14 first round grades. Don’t see the team giving up what it would take to move up 10 spots. The second and third round appear to be pretty deep and we don’t want to be giving up one of those picks. Jerry commented about having two players instead of Gregory. That’s how he’s thinking right now and that thought process will likely carry over to the draft.

Verdict

Reaction score
If the most recent espn mock draft is accurate, he better be desperate to move up.
All the top receivers….gone
Top CBs….gone
Penning, Zion, Green, Linderbaum, top tackles…..all gone.

Trade up or its a serious drop in talent, getting second round talent at #24.
Trade back.

reddyuta

Reaction score
this is just crazy.the one guys i would trade up for will likely go top 10 in this draft,we should be trading down if possible.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
+1
Notice 14 would put them in front of the Eagles but replacing the Ravens, who many mocks have link to Davis.
Yup.....that's gotta be the target if he's on the board.

1) Jacksonville Jaguars
2) Detroit Lions
3) Houston Texans
4) New York Jets
5) New York Giants
6) Carolina Panthers
7) New York Giants (from Chicago Bears)
8) Atlanta Falcons
9) Seattle Seahawks (from Denver Broncos)
10) New York Jets (from Seattle Seahawks)
11) Washington Commanders
12) Minnesota Vikings
13) Houston Texans (from Cleveland Browns)
14) Baltimore Ravens
15) Philadelphia Eagles (from Miami Dolphins)
16) New Orleans Saints (from Indianapolis Colts through Philadelphia Eagles)
17) Los Angeles Chargers
18) Philadelphia Eagles (from New Orleans Saints)
19) New Orleans Saints (from Philadelphia Eagles)
20) Pittsburgh Steelers
21) New England Patriots
22) Green Bay Packers (from Las Vegas Raiders)
23) Arizona Cardinals
24) Dallas Cowboys

visionary

Reaction score
The only reason to try to trade up to 11/12 IMO would be Williams (WR) or Davis (DT). There are good WRs available throughout but Davis is a true difference maker at DT. That would be the only reason to trade up ahead of Ravens and Philly because one of them will take him.

If it takes our 2nd round pick the real question is, is Davis more impactful than Jones and Williams

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Jerry admitted he’s not as big a risk taker as he used to be. With the players the Cowboys have lost and the holes they’ve failed to fill in free agency they’re going to need all their draft picks. The draft is such a crapshoot and this draft doesn’t appear to be a very strong first round draft. Jerry probably isn’t bluffing that they only have about 14 first round grades. Don’t see the team giving up what it would take to move up 10 spots. The second and third round appear to be pretty deep and we don’t want to be giving up one of those picks. Jerry commented about having two players instead of Gregory. That’s how he’s thinking right now and that thought process will likely carry over to the draft.
One thing I have learned about Jerry is that you never know…what he should do and what he will do can vary.

We are about to find out soon, maybe they stay put and pick or trade down which may be the best course in this draft, time will tell soon.

blueblood70

Reaction score
They're making it seem like from 24 to 9
seem is an okie doke perhaps doubt that happening. If it does for blue chipper who cares ill take bold move i mean they've been complacent in FA so shy not go after a game changer like another MP type impact player..jts say ef it and let role. Would be fun for us...
like i said maybe just breaking into the teens for target player or two would be fine.

kskboys

Reaction score
The only reason to try to trade up to 11/12 IMO would be Williams (WR) or Davis (DT). There are good WRs available throughout but Davis is a true difference maker at DT. That would be the only reason to trade up ahead of Ravens and Philly because one of them will take him.

If it takes our 2nd round pick the real question is, is Davis more impactful than Jones and Williams
Due to the extreme weakness we have at NT, yes.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
As far as our moving up is concerned, I'll believe it when I see it.
Jerry has gotten pretty conservative in the past 30 years. :grin:

As much as he's screwed up in that time, it's hardly any wonder.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think it is more likely he will use other picks to move back into the 2nd or 3rd rd. I think the cost of moving higher up in the 1st rd will deter the Cowboys.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I think it is more likely he will use other picks to move back into the 2nd or 3rd rd. I think the cost of moving higher up in the 1st rd will deter the Cowboys.

No doubt. Additional cost is always a strong deterrent to the Dallas FO -- it never fails! Here's hoping they don't make liars out of us!

kskboys

Reaction score
I sure hope so.

I would love it if some team found a player they just had to have at 24, and traded us a 2nd and next year's 1st for our 1st this year.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
One thing I have learned about Jerry is that you never know…what he should do and what he will do can vary.

We are about to find out soon, maybe they stay put and pick or trade down which may be the best course in this draft, time will tell soon.

Stephen has a lot of input these days on what Jerry will do. If it wasn’t for Stephen we would’ve ended up with Johnny Manziel instead of Zack Martin. This isn’t an endorsement for Stephen but at least he keeps Jerry from hand picking players like he was accused of doing years ago. The Quincy Carter pick was all Jerry. From what I’ve read and heard no one was on board with that pick but him.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Stephen has a lot of input these days on what Jerry will do. If it wasn’t for Stephen we would’ve ended up with Johnny Manziel instead of Zack Martin. This isn’t an endorsement for Stephen but at least he keeps Jerry from hand picking players like he was accused of doing years ago. The Quincy Carter pick was all Jerry. From what I’ve read and heard no one was on board with that pick but him.
Yeah, Jerry said S picked Taco…lol!

Plankton

Reaction score
Shouldn't the title of this thread be changed to something like this:

Fish: I'm desperate for clicks