Fish: Cowboys interested in Davante Adams

fifaguy

Reaction score
Common haha, they are not trading for him. Or anyone else for that matter. Especially if it’s a big name guy.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
I've we're Adams' top choice.

He really wants to come to Jerry's Kingdom, so he can stop working so hard, and just take it easy and relax.

Creeper

Reaction score
Funny, I was listening to Jim Miller and Pat Kirwan yesterday on Sirius radio and they were talking about possible destinations for Adams. Pat Kirwan was talking about the Cowboys saying they were the only team that would overpay for Adams and that the owner would make the decision, the coach would be left out of it. He also said Jerry would do it to make a splash to convince his fans he really wants to win, the effectiveness of Adams in the Cowboys lineup would have nothing to do with it. It is a damning description of Jerry Jones the GM. Kirwan is a former coach and scout.

Not a fan of Kirwan. He thinks way too much of himself, but I do agree that it is likely Jerry would overpay for Adams, like he overpaid for Cooper.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Funny, I was listening to Jim Miller and Pat Kirwan yesterday on Sirius radio and they were talking about possible destinations for Adams. Pat Kirwan was talking about the Cowboys saying they were the only team that would overpay for Adams and that the owner would make the decision, the coach would be left out of it. He also said Jerry would do it to make a splash to convince his fans he really wants to win, the effectiveness of Adams in the Cowboys lineup would have nothing to do with it. It is a damning description of Jerry Jones the GM. Kirwan is a former coach and scout.

Not a fan of Kirwan. He thinks way too much of himself, but I do agree that it is likely Jerry would overpay for Adams, like he overpaid for Cooper.
I heard that exchange yesterday as well. Our owner is widely panned as a chump.

Offsides

Reaction score
I expct that Adams winds up on the Jets so he should not be a cowboys target. The real target should be Garrett Wilson. Mike williams usage is ramping up and rodgers loves Adams and the lizard. Wilson is a 1st round talent and still on a rookie contract. I don't think moving next years 1st for him is a bad idea. There guys like Zach evans and Chris rodriguez that Cowboys could claim off practice squads. Evans is not even on a practice squad at the moment unless the colts added him.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
We don't need another highly paid WR. Dak and Lamb are already accounting for a massive cap hit. His base salary for 25 and 26 are $35m+. We won't be able to field a team or bring back Micah at those numbers. We need a RB and DT if we're taking trades.
They can convert his base to guarantee and reduce his cap hit to basically nothing if they want.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Can we just skip this part?

This isn't going to happen. And it would be a bad idea if it did.

More BS buzz around this team.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Stuff that run Davante.
Look, the defense is looking avg. But the addition of Adams would be huge and would allow you to simply outscore teams. It is what it is, but thinking Adams wouldnt make this team MUCH better is just foolish.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Typical cowboys. Forget about running the ball or stopping the run, lets add more WRS!
Let me know when they add Adams, then you can say typical Cowboys. Until then, this is TYPICAL media hype. Oh, and using up a 1st rd pick on a Dt is just forgetting about the run?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Fish tries to tie Dallas to every player that wants a trade. :laugh:
You clearly dont watch him. He does the exact opposite right now. He has been saying all season the Cowboys are adding NOBODY. He immediately said it when Tank and Parsons got hurt... the Cowboys will be adding people off the couch.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Don't scramble now, don't inquire about nobody because the time to do all that was in the offseason when the Joneses decided to go on vacation. Keep the same energy.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let me know when they add Adams, then you can say typical Cowboys. Until then, this is TYPICAL media hype. Oh, and using up a 1st rd pick on a Dt is just forgetting about the run?
After the way Mazi played last year and the first 3 games this year, thats exactly what is. Of course, you would have to follow the rest of the NFL to realize how little was done this offseason (in comparison to other teams) to address the obvious problems.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Don't scramble now, don't inquire about nobody because the time to do all that was in the offseason when the Joneses decided to go on vacation. Keep the same energy.
I mean the time is to do it now because teams start fire selling around this time.