Fish: Cowboys interested in Davante Adams

RonWashington

Reaction score
Per ESPN Vegas wants a 2 plus other compensation . No thanks . Hold on to your picks Re tool this defense . A WR in his 30’s cannot pass rush or stop the run

RonWashington

Reaction score
Say you get Adams for multiple picks how does that make up for losing two of your best defenders in the front 7 for the foreseeable future .

Mr_437

Reaction score
Per ESPN Vegas wants a 2 plus other compensation . No thanks . Hold on to your picks Re tool this defense . A WR in his 30’s cannot pass rush or stop the run
Exactly. Some people just want to torpedo the cap into oblivion to prop up Dak, so they can post his stats lol. Trading for Adams isn't a smart move, at all.

cowboyec

Reaction score
i don't think they are.
the off-season gives me no indication they'd make a in-season move like that.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Any dominant DL would do a world of good for this team, but you're right. You just don't see teams letting them go, especially for cheap.

If we had a viable run game, and the defense wasn't looking like Swiss cheese, I'd probably be for bringing in Adams. I don't think he's washed, and he'd certainly spice up the passing game, but there are too many glaring holes on the team to commit more funds to the passing game. I get where you're coming from, my friend. I'm frustrated too, and there have been times over the last 5 or 6 years where it made alot of sense to push the chips to the middle and make a crazy move or two to try to make a serious run. I just don't see this year's squad being in that position.

Look at Adams' contract. Base salaries of $35m or more for the duration after this season. I could be wrong, but this isn't like the Cooks situation where the other guys footed part of the bill. That's money that we can't spend on Parsons and Smith. If not for that, I'd be all for it, no questions asked. Gives us potentially the best WR room in the game for the next couple of seasons. I just don't see how you can field a team with so much money tied into one aspect of the team when others are already clearly failing.
Restructures can be used to pay for Parsons and Smith. Both Dak and Lamb have huge base salaries in the second years of their deal for this purpose. Don't buy into what this team is selling about not being able to afford other players. They peddle that when it is convenient.

Flamma

Reaction score
Restructures can be used to pay for Parsons and Smith. Both Dak and Lamb have huge base salaries in the second years of their deal for this purpose. Don't buy into what this team is selling about not being able to afford other players. They peddle that when it is convenient.
You're exactly right. Jerry thinks he's still in the 90s. The information is out there for anyone that wants to find it.

Flamma

Reaction score
Here's the problem I have with Adams, besides him being 32 at some point this year. He has 3 years left on his contract counting this year. Cap hits would be, 17M, 35M, and 35M. What's left of that 17M this year? This year would be fine. What do they do after that? They can restructure him. But do they really want to start adding dead cap for a player that age? He's fine as a 1 year rental. I just don't think this is the team for that.

Blitzen

Reaction score
Here's the problem I have with Adams, besides him being 32 at some point this year. He has 3 years left on his contract counting this year. Cap hits would be, 17M, 35M, and 35M. What's left of that 17M this year? This year would be fine. What do they do after that? They can restructure him. But do they really want to start adding dead cap for a player that age? He's fine as a 1 year rental. I just don't think this is the team for that.

They could not restructure without the player/agent. Any agent that’s willing to restructure the deal (in such a way that reduces future cap hits) without an entirely new deal with buckets of extra guaranteed money should be fired and sentenced to death. He is either a partial year rental or an extremely highly paid wide receiver for several more seasons. Or you actually pay the guy the $35M to play each season with the same number against the cap (pretty unlikely for any team)-plus he would almost certainly hold out.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
You clearly dont watch him. He does the exact opposite right now. He has been saying all season the Cowboys are adding NOBODY. He immediately said it when Tank and Parsons got hurt... the Cowboys will be adding people off the couch.
This is correct. I have way better ways to spend my time.

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score

Cowboys EVP Stephen Jones when asked on
@SASportsStar
about having interest in Raiders WR Davante Adams: “No. I don’t think there is anything to that. We just signed our No. 1 guy (CeeDee Lamb) and (Adams) is a No. 1 receiver. When you have the challenges cap-wise that we have, that would be a long putt for us.”

Blitzen

Reaction score

Cowboys EVP Stephen Jones when asked on
@SASportsStar
about having interest in Raiders WR Davante Adams: “No. I don’t think there is anything to that. We just signed our No. 1 guy (CeeDee Lamb) and (Adams) is a No. 1 receiver. When you have the challenges cap-wise that we have, that would be a long putt for us.”

Is that whimpering I hear? Lol

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stephen says there's nothing to this.

Which shows just how connected Fisher is. Even Stephen doesn't know yet.