Twitter: Fish: Cowboys interview Dan Quinn

Rayman70

Reaction score
Which is why he will never get a call.
damn, you may be correct. The guy proved over and over he knew what the hell he was doing coaching defenses. Why would we hire a guy that has proven over and over HE CANNOT CUT IT? Ie...Quinn, whitt etc? Those guys havent exactly done much.

Plankton

Reaction score
He’s still living off that legion of Boom defense...Kris Richard lived off of it now it’s Quinn’s turn I guess.

Quinn was also a good DC when he was at Florida in college. He's not unqualified for the role.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Now I may be a little intrigued with Gus Bradley. I think he would be much better than Nolan.. He won recently.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Focusing on defensive responsibilities, are different than being responsible for the whole team. He might just be a good coordinator, and a bad head coach.

Carter

Reaction score
Well in terms of success he had more as HC than Fat Mike. Quinn was in a Superbowl in 2016. He just blew the biggest lead in the history and it became a trend afterwards.

From the 3 guys named so far hes clearly the best option. Still i would love a a more new innovative mind with very good success in the SEC or sth.

Carson

Reaction score
Well in terms of success he had more as HC than Fat Mike. Quinn was in a Superbowl in 2016. He just blew the biggest lead in the history and it became a trend afterwards.

From the 3 guys named so far hes clearly the best option. Still i would love a a more new innovative mind with very good success in the SEC or sth.

I get that. But I feel that was more on Shanahan than Quinn. Kyle has blown two super bowl leads but that doesn’t mean he shouldn’t coach again. Quinn is a solid pickup

Carter

Reaction score
I get that. But I feel that was more on Shanahan than Quinn. Kyle has blown two super bowl leads but that doesn’t mean he shouldn’t coach again. Quinn is a solid pickup

Atleast he runs a very basic 4-3 one look Defense with Cover 3 Which means even Woodheads like Jaylon Smith and Chidobie Awuzie should get what they need to do

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Quinn was also a good DC when he was at Florida in college. He's not unqualified for the role.
I'm not pretending to know if he's qualified or not.....but if his claim to fame is that Seahawks defense and then once he left it his defenses sucked? I'm not entirely sure how much credit he should get for that defense. Not saying he's not qualified...

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Which is why he will never get a call.
quinn should bring some little bells with him and during interview ring them under the table !
Jerry will hear bells and hire him.

As a rule jerry likes big names and former HC's no matter how bad they were lol.
Big names fit in the circus he runs.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Few nuggets if he's hired;

* return to Marinelli's scheme
*I think we still hire Witt or Simmons
* Kris Richard back?
* He and Jason Garrett are good friends ( Sabans Dolphin team together )
* I'm resisting holding his Falcon tenure against him. ( he could very well be a great-coordinator, terrible head coach type )

Not our first choice, but looking at the experienced candidates out there (Jerry isn't hiring an unknown after what just happened), he was near the top of the list. I took a look at Quinn's scheme on Friday night, as I heard whispers he might be one of their candidates. His scheme is somewhat different then what we had under Marinelli. I believe if hired, Witt will come with him, Richard is highly unlikely to return.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
I'm not pretending to know if he's qualified or not.....but if his claim to fame is that Seahawks defense and then once he left it his defenses sucked? I'm not entirely sure how much credit he should get for that defense. Not saying he's not qualified...
It’s like Brian Billick. He had a great offense in Minn when he had Moss. Then he goes to Baltimore as HC and they’re AWFUL.

It’s a lot easier to put up good numbers when you have pro bowlers throughout the lineup.

This team only has 1 of those. DLaw and teams have shown they can scheme around him.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Not our first choice, but looking at the experienced candidates out there (Jerry isn't hiring an unknown after what just happened), he was near the top of the list. I took a look at Quinn's scheme on Friday night, as I heard whispers he might be one of their candidates. His scheme is somewhat different then what we had under Marinelli. I believe if hired, Witt will come with him, Richard is highly unlikely to return.

How is his scheme different from Marinelli's ???????

One serious plus about Marinelli's scheme is we were top 10 in scoring defense. Couldn't generate turnovers but teams did not score a lot of points.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
It’s like Brian Billick. He had a great offense in Minn when he had Moss. Then he goes to Baltimore as HC and they’re AWFUL.

It’s a lot easier to put up good numbers when you have pro bowlers throughout the lineup.

This team only has 1 of those. DLaw and teams have shown they can scheme around him.

True but Diggs, Wilson, and Gregory are ascending.....

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Yeah I personally want a guy who makes players better and put them in position to make plays.....