Twitter: Fish: Cowboys tried to trade Jaylon Smith in a trade up for 6 overall

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry : We will give you our pick , 2 first round picks in future years, and Jaylon Smith
Dolphins : We will take that deal if you drop Jaylon for a can of Pringles.

blueblood70

Reaction score

i still dont understand why they cut player whos healthy and fully paid.ie no cap relief..

if i was gm im stashing him on the inactive list if injury is concern and use that 7mil LB as insurance to injuries' that could come in 17 game season with only 4 games played. He is good enough to start albeit no longer a great starter , im keeping him until we are for sure not in need of his services..i mean im not cuttings an employee i paid 7mil dollars to and hasnt warranted being cut,

if all it was was to not have to pay him for 2022 should he get inured , im against this release..

inactive, sure , stash to use in case of emergency ,yes..there are far worse players to move around or cut for roster spots then a 7mil LB.

Bigdog

Reaction score
If we traded them Dexter Coakley instead, it probably would have gotten the trade done, lol (sarcasm).

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
smith might have been crying about the loss of playing time, screwing up the locker room.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
i still dont understand why they cut player whos healthy and fully paid.ie no cap relief..

if i was gm im stashing him on the inactive list if injury is concern and use that 7mil LB as insurance to injuries' that could come in 17 game season with only 4 games played. He is good enough to start albeit no longer a great starter , im keeping him until we are for sure not in need of his services..i mean im not cuttings an employee i paid 7mil dollars to and hasnt warranted being cut,

if all it was was to not have to pay him for 2022 should he get inured , im against this release..

inactive, sure , stash to use in case of emergency ,yes..there are far worse players to move around or cut for roster spots then a 7mil LB.

Jaylon stinks. Let that sink in first.

If he gets hurt during practice, he still gets his guaranteed coin next year.

Jaylon would have had some mysterious surgery at the end of the year so the team could not cut him injured.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As usual, when the team can't do what they want to do and have to settle it turns out golden.

This defense would be so much better with one of those cornerbacks instead of Micah.

kskboys

Reaction score
Jerry. You can't trade guys who are grossly overpaid. To even try it makes you look dumb.

kskboys

Reaction score

Simple. Our backups are better than he is.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Sometimes you get lucky, Horn/Surtain are good prospects, but don't think either have that elite potential Parsons has.

Nearly everything about Micah Parsons and what he’s doing for us right now is based on luck.

He’s lucky to be on the team because he was their 3rd or 4th option and Lawrence had to break his foot for them to just send him at the QB constantly.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Simple. Our backups are better than he is.
more simple

hes paid in full

these players that are better can land on the clist and or get hurt..insurance you can stash him on inactive list until the end if the seaosn..it cost us nothing but a roster spot and there are plenty of low hanging fruit worse then JS that can be cut..

kskboys

Reaction score
Holy Larry, tried to trade him in a trade up?

Here's the deal. Fans can suggest ludicrous deals, it's expected. However, the GM and his cohorts cannot. Makes them lose all credibility and can hurt them in a big way in future trade attempts. Jerry. Just stop.

Blake

Reaction score
As usual, when the team can't do what they want to do and have to settle it turns out golden.

This defense would be so much better with one of those cornerbacks instead of Micah.

It's amazing anyone considers you "football smart".