Twitter: Fish: Cowboys tried to trade Jaylon Smith in a trade up for 6 overall

kskboys

Reaction score
more simple

hes paid in full

these players that are better can land on the clist and or get hurt..insurance you can stash him on inactive list until the end if the seaosn..it cost us nothing but a roster spot and there are plenty of low hanging fruit worse then JS that can be cut..
That's where you got it wrong. Jaylon is so limited by his injury that he is not better than these low hanging fruit. Poor kid.

Proof

Reaction score
Holy Larry, tried to trade him in a trade up?

Here's the deal. Fans can suggest ludicrous deals, it's expected. However, the GM and his cohorts cannot. Makes them lose all credibility and can hurt them in a big way in future trade attempts. Jerry. Just stop.

eagles did it w/ overpaid byron maxwell and kiko alonzo. you never know.

blueblood70

Reaction score
That's where you got it wrong. Jaylon is so limited by his injury that he is not better than these low hanging fruit. Poor kid.
i say you are wrong..now lest move on..
hes been playing better this season and i say its worth stashing player in 17 game season with Clist that can brutalize position in weeks time and lead to losses..inactive yes, cut NO!

that my stance ok..get passed it i wont be sheep and get on the hate Smith train and celebrate his cut OK!??

Aven8

Reaction score
Yeah.. It’s more like if you watch his film you wonder how he is even on the field.

Jaylon Smith isn’t NFL quality. He can’t turn or flip his hips.

Would have loved to be a fly on the wall with Quinn watching tape. Probably a lot of grimacing etc

Proof

Reaction score
How high were their salaries? Could they still play? Pretty sure they could.

maxwell had the highest cb salary at the time and was getting torched regularly, and universally deemed an unmovable contract

Proof

Reaction score
more simple

hes paid in full

these players that are better can land on the clist and or get hurt..insurance you can stash him on inactive list until the end if the seaosn..it cost us nothing but a roster spot and there are plenty of low hanging fruit worse then JS that can be cut..

if / when he's signed, his new salary will offset the current salaary.

kskboys

Reaction score
hes been playing better this season and i say its worth stashing player in 17 game season with Clist that can brutalize position in weeks time and lead to losses..inactive yes, cut NO!

that my stance ok..get passed it i wont be sheep and get on the hate Smith train and celebrate his cut OK!??
Hate Smith train? Seriously, dude, pay more attention. I'm not interested in that sort of trash. I like Jaylon, as far as I know, on a personal level. If this is your argument, then you move on and have your weak discourse w/ someone who is hating.

You're ignoring the future ramifications. It's time to move on from Smith to make sure we acquire more salary room in the future. We have a ton of guys who are going to need to be paid.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Dallas would be better off picking up a healthy football player off the street who can run.

Jaylon was just some type of symbol the Jones’s wanted out on the football field but the guy shouldn’t even be on a NFL roster. He’s that bad.

kskboys

Reaction score
maxwell had the highest cb salary at the time and was getting torched regularly, and universally deemed an unmovable contract
Was he so limited by injury that he was no longer NFL starting quality? I hv no idea of the situation, what year was this?

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
You would think they'd learn their lesson from the last time they traded up for DB in the 1rst round (not that Suratian is like Claiborne)

blueblood70

Reaction score
Hate Smith train? Seriously, dude, pay more attention. I'm not interested in that sort of trash. I like Jaylon, as far as I know, on a personal level. If this is your argument, then you move on and have your weak discourse w/ someone who is hating.

You're ignoring the future ramifications. It's time to move on from Smith to make sure we acquire more salary room in the future. We have a ton of guys who are going to need to be paid.
disagree

you need to hear it more??

give it up..i dont luv the move and not defending smith but don't like the business part of the move..

sorry i ruined your morning but not agreeing with you , iut will happen more often then you think..

im not the sheep here..:rolleyes:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
All this really says is MIA may be a spot for him now as a FA.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Was he so limited by injury that he was no longer NFL starting quality? I hv no idea of the situation, what year was this?
No he was just exposed in Philadelphia. They gave out an exorbitant amount to a guy that Seattle had to protect, because he was a name and they were desperate. That was during Rosemans jersey collecting days. Alonzo was a 3rd down LB that got washed against the run in Buffalo. He lived off his rookie season. Getting something for those two were Rosemans strongest moves as a GM

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Holy Larry, tried to trade him in a trade up?

Here's the deal. Fans can suggest ludicrous deals, it's expected. However, the GM and his cohorts cannot. Makes them lose all credibility and can hurt them in a big way in future trade attempts. Jerry. Just stop.
You cant possibly believe that it was only Jaylon we were offering in a trade. Im sure Jaylon was just a throw in.