Twitter: Fish: Cowboys tried to trade Jaylon Smith in a trade up for 6 overall

kskboys

Reaction score
maxwell had the highest cb salary at the time and was getting torched regularly, and universally deemed an unmovable contract
Ouch, just looked it up. They traded Maxwell n Alonso for a 1st. At least Alonso played well!!!!

Dumb trades such as this are generally made by young dumb coaches, Adam Gase in this case. Ick.

kskboys

Reaction score
You cant possibly believe that it was only Jaylon we were offering in a trade. Im sure Jaylon was just a throw in.
That would make sense, but we'd have had to offer something good, such as an extra 2nd to move from 10 to 6.

kskboys

Reaction score
disagree

you need to hear it more??

give it up..i dont luv the move and not defending smith but don't like the business part of the move..

sorry i ruined your morning but not agreeing with you , iut will happen more often then you think..

im not the sheep here..:rolleyes:
You're not, you're worse than the sheep. You're the little dude who goes around insulting just because you get your little numnums aroaring. You are Rockport lite.

My morning is excellent, BTW. There you go misinterpreting a situation again. That seems to be all you are good at.

blueblood70

Reaction score
You're not, you're worse than the sheep. You're the little dude who goes around insulting just because you get your little numnums aroaring. You are Rockport lite.

My morning is excellent, BTW. There you go misinterpreting a situation again. That seems to be all you are good at.
wrong stated an opposite opinion then 70% of fans in here..

so getting others opinions trying to drag me onto their side..nope you are sheep following others and im brave enough to come in and challenge the masses..thats a WOLF..ummkkk

NotForLong

Reaction score

giphy.webp

If true this could be something worth a Celebration Dance

kskboys

Reaction score
wrong stated an opposite opinion then 70% of fans in here..

so getting others opinions trying to drag me onto their side..nope you are sheep following others and im brave enough to come in and challenge the masses..thats a WOLF..ummkkk
Go away kid. You're making yourself look foolish.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That would make sense, but we'd have had to offer something good, such as an extra 2nd to move from 10 to 6.
Both thirds per chart. 2nd would be too high. 2nd rounder would have been 160 points over. Equal to a 3rd round pick. Teams very very rarely diverge from chart value. @DFWJC did a pretty comprehensive a study on that.

Jaylon had minimal value. Pick 75(215) and 99(104) would have been was too high for us. I'm guess they wanted him to trade him to make up the difference in a trade with 75(215) and 115(64). The value difference between 6 and 10 was 300 points

Beaker42

Reaction score
Smells Fishy. Not even this front office is stupid enough to think Jaylon was enough to move you up from #10 to #6. Cutting him after 4 games suggests he wouldn't have been enough to move up from the 7th round to the 6th.
LMAO at this info - we couldn’t have gotten a UDFA for his sorry ***.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Says a lot that there are 31 other teams in the NFL and none of them would even be willing to give up a 6 overall to get him. The Cowboys made the right decision in cutting him and it's time to give the younger defenders more playing time and a chance to prove themselves.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sometimes you get lucky, Horn/Surtain are good prospects, but don't think either have that elite potential Parsons has.
Parsons is a generational talent.

If all prospects from the past 5 drafts were in the next draft, Horn/Surtain wouldn't be in the top 5 CBs drafted.

Motorola

Reaction score
Sometimes you get lucky, Horn/Surtain are good prospects, but don't think either have that elite potential Parsons has.
Surtain and Horn were ranked as the top two CBs leading into the draft - but Parsons was rated as the best defensive player overall.

Motorola

Reaction score
And just think, we could have easily had Paxton Lynch
Thank the Seahawks and Broncos. Dallas offered their 2016 2nd and 4th round picks for Seattle's 1st/26th overall, but they didn't bite; then Denver stepped up and offered their 1st /31st overall plus their 3rd round selection.