Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

4EHG0FT.gif

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
This makes the most sense.

IMO, Crawford was at his best at 3-tech. Never understood why the previous regime kept putting him at TE.

I wonder what his actual weight is now. He tried to slim down when they wanted him to play more outside. Hopefully, he's in the 290 range.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This makes the most sense.

IMO, Crawford was at his best at 3-tech. Never understood why the previous regime kept putting him at TE.

It's definitely his best fit. I figure if he stuck around, he would have mostly been the backup there anyway. With the starter McCoy gone for the year, this makes logical sense. But I'm still not expecting much and a significant dropoff from what McCoy would have given them.

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Well I hope he has a pro bowl season right after he takes a pay cut:laugh:

Play well Coyote Ugly we could use that 4th round comp pick:flagwave:

fivetwos

Reaction score
It's definitely his best fit. I figure if he stuck around, he would have mostly been the backup there anyway. With the starter McCoy gone for the year, this makes logical sense. But I'm still not expecting much and a significant dropoff from what McCoy would have given them.
Well now I'm backing off of the pay cut idea.

Should have known. Jerry still determined to be right about certain things.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Honest question......what were you expecting from McCoy that Crawford can't do? I guess I'm asking is the drop off that much????

McCoy's a better run defender and better pressure player. How much better at this point in his career I don't know.

Crawford gets a bum rap around here. He's a decent starting 3-tech, just not a great one. I don't think McCoy would have necessarily been great, just better. Would love to see one of the 300-plus-pound young players step up and seize some snaps, but they both have a lot to learn and we'll get mistakes as well as maybe flashes of good play. Crawford is a smart veteran who isn't going to make many mistakes while making a few plays here and there.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well now I'm backing off of the pay cut idea.

Should have known. Jerry still determined to be right about certain things.

Oh yeah, no choice now. Have to pay him what Aldon Smith, Everson Griffen, Dontari Poe, and Gerald McCoy were making in base salary COMBINED! Some savvy 'cap management' there...

fivetwos

Reaction score
I'm just still looking at the bright side of things and that we have younger dudes at DT that need a chance.

While I was all pumped about the DL signings, they are indeed all on the wrong side of 30.

I just hope that when, not IF, Gallimore and/or Hill begin to outplay Crawford, this staff has the stones to adjust the snap counts, and not pull what we've been used to with burying guys with potential for very average veterans.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Oh yeah, no choice now. Have to pay him what Aldon Smith, Everson Griffen, Dontari Poe, and Gerald McCoy were making in base salary COMBINED! Some savvy 'cap management' there...
I was thinking he would end up as a luxury but if he is gonna start they cant ask him to take a cut.

I personally still would, but Jerry wont go that way.

If you're telling me Harrison for 1M or Crawford for 8 it's not a contest, but ok.