Video: Fish: Grow up time for Kelvin Joseph

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
There've been a handful of good ones at 6'4", but one of the biggest metrics for corner is 3-cone time, and guys that tall have a difficult challenge w/change of direction. The other reason I didn't like the pick is that we could have easily grabbed Wright later in the draft. He wasn't on anyone's radar.

If I'm an opposing coach and Wright is the left corner, guess what I'm going to do all day? Simple, send my Calvin Ridley, or Waddle, or Kadarius Toney and test out the tall kid's dance moves.

I'm always curious when posters say something like what I bolded how they know it's true. Has something been written about when all the other GMs would have drafted Wright? The only thing we know is that none of the teams that drafted before our third-round pick valued him over the players they took. Beyond that, for all we know, he could have been taken with the next pick.

I think when we say things like he wasn't on anyone's radar, we're talking about so-called draft experts and not GMs. And as we have seen plenty of times, what GMs think of a player and what draft experts think of the player can differ greatly.

T-RO

Reaction score
I'm always curious when posters say something like what I bolded how they know it's true. Has something been written about when all the other GMs would have drafted Wright? The only thing we know is that none of the teams that drafted before our third-round pick valued him over the players they took. Beyond that, for all we know, he could have been taken with the next pick.

I think when we say things like he wasn't on anyone's radar, we're talking about so-called draft experts and not GMs. And as we have seen plenty of times, what GMs think of a player and what draft experts think of the player can differ greatly.

Good post, but we do know this:
-There was no buzz about the player--at all.
-GM's typically have physical profiles
-Wright was very raw in technique
-His production only merited honorable mention Pac 10
-Only teams w/cover 3 defenses would go for a guy like this, and league is moving away from Cover 3
-He's only 187 pounds at 6'4"

Anyways, this discussion is mis-placed in this thread so I'll end with that. I'll root hard for him to develop fast and strong.

cristglo

Reaction score
Fish always looks like he just crawled out of a dive bar after a three day bender.
Thats so funny! Yes he does I cant watch any of his videos just the sound of his voice and that look. lol I will read his articles just think Fish is so clueless LOL

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
-Only teams w/cover 3 defenses would go for a guy like this, and league is moving away from Cover 3

Anyways, this discussion is mis-placed in this thread so I'll end with that. I'll root hard for him to develop fast and strong.

What did Gil Brandt have to say about him?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Lol my gosh he’s a rookie.

Im more shocked when they come to camp in shape then I am when they don’t.

A rookie has to learn to be professional.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Let's hope he is not another in 2nd round reaches/busts.

We won’t know what we have until his 2nd year.

Look at Diggs. We all like Diggs but he is still an unknown commodity at this point and he has some atrocious moments that we ignore from last season.

KDM256

Reaction score
Move over Jaylon, I see some Cowboy fans and talking heads are creating a "new whooping boy" in the clubhouse.

Kid doesn't even have a star on his helmet yet and already catching flack from the clueless.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Boy the Cowboys like taking risk in rd 2. It has truly hurt them over the years. At least Joseph’s risk isn’t physical. Here’s the deal...they got a first round talent at a premium position in the second round. It’s up to the coaches now to corral the guy and turn him into an NFL player.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Exclusive. Exclusive.

Three points he makes.

1. Joseph showed up to OTAs out of shape.

2. He seems to question whether we should blame Joseph for getting Covid. Can't wrap my brain around that one but watch the video. He says it.

3. He wonders if the Cowboys simply ignored what they found when doing their background work on Joseph.

BTW, it will be $4.99 to watch the video. Paypal him.

First, Fisher is looking to throw hands over the $15 you just cost him by posting this - start training

Second, I mean he is undercharging us with the stories of uber-sleuthing a Collins for 3 days in preparation of him being undrafted and the other 29 teams blowing up his agents phone and including Rex Ryan who flew to Baton Rouge apparently were sitting on their hands.

Third - where was this sleuthing with Dwayne Goodrich or Mo Claiborne? As I type that, I see it is rhetorical because - Cornerbacks don't need analysis, interviews or checks.

The fact this guy makes enough of a living to have a decent house and pool with this stripe makes me further lament that true meritocracy is dead

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

No doubt there's some questions about both corners we drafted. Hopefully, our 2021 CB choices will turn out more like Richard Sherman and Byron Maxwell did for Seattle than how Chidobe Awuzie and Jordan Lewis did or even worse, how Dwayne Goodrich, Kareem Lattimore and Mario Edwards did.

Although Gus Bradley was the DC when the Seahawks drafted Sherman and Maxwell, let's hope that mojo rubbed off on Quinn.

John813

Reaction score
No doubt there's some questions about both corners we drafted. Hopefully, our 2021 CB choices will turn out more like Richard Sherman and Byron Maxwell did for Seattle than how Chidobe Awuzie and Jordan Lewis did or even worse, how Dwayne Goodrich, Kareem Lattimore and Mario Edwards did.

Although Gus Bradley was the DC when the Seahawks drafted Sherman and Maxwell, let's hope that mojo rubbed off on Quinn.

I've always wonder how much each former DC/secondary coach really did for Seattle and who really was the mastermind for Seattle's L.O.B.

Carrolls first stint in the NFL IIRC was defensive backs coach then a DC.

He's always been involved with the secondary in Seattle. He learned from Monte Kiffin in the 70's at NC State where he was the DB's coach and the DC.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

as positive as the news are in the OTAs, the real test is when helmets/shoulder pads go on and real tackling and hits begin....with that said, I take positive news over negative ones.